balloons on specific words - please CC when replying.

shirish शिरीष shirish शिरीष

balloons on specific words - please CC when replying.

Hi all,
 I remember seeing sometime back in some presentation where people
choose to highlight some words and hovering or clicking on that words
would make a balloon or something which would tell about the word. It
was as if the word were saying something .

I don't remember if I saw this on libreoffice, openoffice.org or some
other presentation tool.

I do see there is something called comments. Does it do/have the same function ?

          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
065C 6D79 A68C E7EA 52B3  8D70 950D 53FB 729A 8B17

Guy Voets Guy Voets

Re: balloons on specific words - please CC when replying.

2011/10/22 shirish शिरीष <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all,
>  I remember seeing sometime back in some presentation where people
> choose to highlight some words and hovering or clicking on that words
> would make a balloon or something which would tell about the word. It
> was as if the word were saying something .
>
> I don't remember if I saw this on libreoffice, openoffice.org or some
> other presentation tool.
>
> I do see there is something called comments. Does it do/have the same function ?
>
> --
>           Regards,
>           Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल

Hello,

Comments lets you put remarks in a rectangle situated in a margin that
opens at the right hand side of your document. They are outside the
document, don't get printed, but are safe with the document.

I don't knwo how to make the 'balloon' you want, i.e. a small window
that opens above the word that you hover above with your mouse. I know
this exists in html, I don't know about documents though.

--
Guy
using LibO 3.4.2 on a iMac Intel DualCore Lion

Tom Tom

Re: balloons on specific words - please CC when replying.

In Writer select the words you want and then go to the menus to click on

Format - Character

Errr, then it is a bit different between the different releases of LibreOffice as there seem to be more tabs in the later versions.  It's something to do with hyperlink's alternate text or something