base - reading a field from an open form

Egbert Eissing Egbert Eissing

base - reading a field from an open form

 p { margin-bottom: 0.1in; line-height: 120%; }I need to read thefield on another open form. To this end I experimented with thefollowing code snipped:
 oFormMMquotation =ThisDatabaseDocument.FormDocuments.getByName("MMquotation") oQt_ID =oFormMMquotation.getByName("MMquotation").getByName("qt_ID") sQt_ID =oQt_ID.text msgbox "sQt_ID " & sQt_ID
Unfortunately, thereis an error on the second line: “Property or method not found:getByName”Can anybody provideme with a clue on how to substitute the “getByName” method? I hope so.
Thanks for helping.Egbert