bouncing messages?

Thomas Blasejewicz-3 Thomas Blasejewicz-3

bouncing messages?

Good evening
An automated messages tell me, that there are a number of "bouncing
messages",
but all I get is a number :

Here is the list of the bounced messages:
- 53454

How am I supposed to view those messages?
Thank you
Thomas

TomD TomD

Re: bouncing messages?

Hi :)
I think they automatically get added to your inbox but because of the
time-stamp on them they will be kinda rifle-shuffled in amongst your old
emails rather than all appearing at the top (or bottom)  of your inbox.

Also they appear in Nabble or GMane interfaces/lists.

On 27 March 2018 at 17:28, Thomas Blasejewicz <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Good evening
> An automated messages tell me, that there are a number of "bouncing
> messages",
> but all I get is a number :
>
> Here is the list of the bounced messages:
> - 53454
>
> How am I supposed to view those messages?
> Thank you
> Thomas

jonathon-6 jonathon-6

Re: bouncing messages?

On 03/27/2018 04:28 PM, Thomas Blasejewicz wrote:

> but all I get is a number :

If you send an email to the appropriate address (^1), and put the
message numbers in the body of the message, it will attempt to resend
them to you.

However, as oft as not, the messages bounced, because something in them
was triggered by a hyper-vigilant upstream anti-spam filter.

If OATH is your email vendor, the your email bounces because "we are the
phone company, and we can do what we like, because you can't do a thing
about it." (^2)

I don't think OATH handles email for any Japanese organizations, but I
might be wrong.

^1: I've forgotten what that address is, and a quick search on the
LibreOffice website doesn't display anything that both looks relevant,
and contains it.  It isn't listed on any of the list specific pages.

^2: My email accounts that have OATH as the email vendor, still bounce
twice as many messages as GMail. If I could figure out a way to bypass
having either a Chinese or Russian phone number, I'd sign up with either
Yandex or Mail.Ru, to see what happens to list email.

jonathon