corrupt letter on display

bjlockie bjlockie

corrupt letter on display

Repost with better title. :-)

I use lubuntu-18.10.
Sometimes, a letter gets corrupted but I only see it in libreoffice.

This example the 'p' displays as a ',':
http://lockie.ca/lubuntu_/libreoffice.jpg

I've also seen it when '2' displays garbled.

Any ideas about how to track down what software has the problem?

fudmer rieley fudmer rieley

Re: corrupt letter on display

as time passes,  my libre office writer and calc  sheets continue to get
slower and slower and slower and now they are crashing regularly
locking up my system, which is hard to do,
and switching back and forth as each commend is given in some kind of
way that blacks out my screen for minutes sometimes.  what gives, we had
a damn good office package,
but it seems to have been ruined.  How can I get copies of the system
three years ago.. they were stable, worked like champs..

Its so slow it is almost like a keystroke logger is at work..

what gives

On 2018-11-21 10:17 PM, James wrote:

> Repost with better title. :-)
>
> I use lubuntu-18.10.
> Sometimes, a letter gets corrupted but I only see it in libreoffice.
>
> This example the 'p' displays as a ',':
> http://lockie.ca/lubuntu_/libreoffice.jpg
>
> I've also seen it when '2' displays garbled.
>
> Any ideas about how to track down what software has the problem?

Jean-Francois Nifenecker Jean-Francois Nifenecker

Re: corrupt letter on display

Hi James,

Le 22/11/2018 à 05:17, James a écrit :

> Repost with better title. :-)
>
> I use lubuntu-18.10.
> Sometimes, a letter gets corrupted but I only see it in libreoffice.
>
> This example the 'p' displays as a ',':
> http://lockie.ca/lubuntu_/libreoffice.jpg
>
> I've also seen it when '2' displays garbled.
>
> Any ideas about how to track down what software has the problem?

It seems you're using the Lubuntu (ie, Ubuntu) LibreOffice version,
which is different from the "official" TDF LibreOffice one. At times,
the packaged versions within Linux distributions may introduce unwanted
effects that the official version doesn't suffer of.

I'd first encourage you to download and install the said official
version and test with it. If you get the same problems, come back and
report here.

Dowload link:
https://www.libreoffice.org/download/download/

How-to install:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Install/Linux
(look at the Debian / Ubuntu / Mint section)

Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Bordeaux