credentials for wiki.documentfoundation.org

Terrence Enger Terrence Enger

credentials for wiki.documentfoundation.org

Greetings,

As I am not subscribed to this list, please include me as cc in your
response.

If this is the wrong place to ask about my problem, redirection is
welcome.

For the first time in a long time, I think I may have something to
offer on a wiki page below <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org>;.

In May 2017, I changed my password.  The giving me my temporary
password gives details associated with my address:

    Username:
    Terrence Enger

Now, when I try to reset my password,
<https://auth.documentfoundation.org/mail.pl?skin=bootstrap> complains
about my email "No matching user".

I tried to create an account with username=TerrenceEnger (the page
complained "Invalid username Terrence Enger" when I included the
space), and this seemed to work.  But now when I try to sign on or
recover my password giving either username TerrenceEnger or email
[hidden email], the system complains "Invalid username or
password".  I suppose it is possible that I mistyped my password twice
when creating the account, but I do not think so.

Guidance is much appreciated.

Terry.

Guilhem Moulin Guilhem Moulin

Re: credentials for wiki.documentfoundation.org

Hi,

On Thu, 01 Aug 2019 at 15:00:30 -0400, Terrence Enger wrote:
> In May 2017, I changed my password.  […] But now when I try to sign on
> or recover my password giving either username TerrenceEnger or email
> [hidden email], the system complains "Invalid username or
> password".

See https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/msg15105.html .
We changed the authentication backend from MediaWiki's internal backend
to Single Sign-On in mid-2018.  The 6 preceding months we had a banner
asking users to registered on our new portal, or they would be locked
out by the time we migrate.  We also warned recent contributors by
individual email.  You were locked out from your old wiki account
because your SSO account was created after the migration (15 min ago) :-P

I manually ran the script again, it should work now.  But you might need
to log out first https://auth.documentfoundation.org/?logout=1 , and
then in again.  (Or alternatively, delete the session cookies from your
browser.)

Guilhem.