difficulty with base

Moebius Moebius

difficulty with base

Bonjour,
I've searched but...and the examples are often too complex for me to
understand how to proceed. I've tried getting help on the french list
but without success, so...
So, I've made a test base that can be found here :
http://dl.free.fr/nBchL3sR7
It contain 3 tables : personnes, villes and codes (it means persons,
towns and postal code).
I've made a form where I wish to be able to choose a postal code (easy
!) and then to choose a town witch match with this code, attending a
code can match with several towns and a town can match with several
codes too.
Well, I suppose there something regarding ways joining tables but I
don't know what to do.
If someone has a few time to help me...
cordialement,

Robert Großkopf Robert Großkopf

Re: difficulty with base

Hi Moebius,

I wanted to load down the example, but I don't know what buttons should
be pressed (all in French). Could you please send me the exmaple
database per provate mail?

Regards

Robert
--
Homepage: https://www.familiegrosskopf.de/robert

Robert Großkopf Robert Großkopf

Re: difficulty with base

Hi Moebius,

here the simple solution:

Put away the table "codes".
Edit table "Personnens"
→ add the field "Villes_ID" to "Personnes" (should be INTEGER;
foreignkey from table "Villes")
→ delete the fields "Codepost" and "Ville" from this table. You will get
this information from "Villes".

You will search for "Villes" or "PostCode" later?
Create a table filter for only one row.
Fields are like  the fields in "Villes". The field "ID" could be boolean.

Together with thgis table you could search for every "PostCode" or "Ville".

Here a complicated solution:
Rows of table "codes" will appear many times in "Villes".
Rows of table "Villes" will also appear many times in "codes".
You have to delete the "postalcode" für "Villes".
You have to create a combination of the two elements together in table
"Personnes".
Change the fields "Codepost" and "Ville" from this table to INTEGER
fileds. They will contain the foreignkey from the tables "Villes" and
"code".

I would prefer the simple method. You have to edit only one table to
cretae the mostly used combinations of "Code" and "Ville". Then you
could choose the values from this table in a listbox to put the
foreignkey to "Personnes".

Lets see whot you need for per private mail. Thins ist is too special
for other people in this mailinglist.

Regards

Robert
--
Homepage: https://www.familiegrosskopf.de/robert

Moebius Moebius

Re: difficulty with base

Bonjour,
Thank you for your answer.
I'm gonna try this even if some details keeps a little obscure.
Perhaps, if you get time, could you modify the example base in the way
you suggest ; I'll take a big look to it to see how you've done ?

cordialement,