external LinLibertineG not available

Christian Lippka Christian Lippka

external LinLibertineG not available

I'm doing a windows build, fetching

881af2b7dca9b8259abbca00bbbc004d-LinLibertineG-20110101.zip

failed, looks like domain www.numbertext.org is expired.

Christian.

Németh László Németh László

Re: external LinLibertineG not available

Hi,

I'm very sorry the problem, it was not intended. (In fact, I paid also
the next month for the domain, but my hosting provider/registrator
forgot to renewal the domain or inform me about the expiration. I
hope, it will be fixed soon, especially because I plan to release a
new version with a lot of important improvement (eg. combining
diacritics).

Temporarily here is the package:

http://www.math.u-szeged.hu/~bognarv/881af2b7dca9b8259abbca00bbbc004d-LinLibertineG-20110101.zip

Thanks for your mail,
László

Németh László-2 Németh László-2

Re: external LinLibertineG not available

Hi,

The problem was fixed by my provider.

Regards,
László

2011/6/24 Németh László <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> I'm very sorry the problem, it was not intended. (In fact, I paid also
> the next month for the domain, but my hosting provider/registrator
> forgot to renewal the domain or inform me about the expiration. I
> hope, it will be fixed soon, especially because I plan to release a
> new version with a lot of important improvement (eg. combining
> diacritics).
>
> Temporarily here is the package:
>
> http://www.math.u-szeged.hu/~bognarv/881af2b7dca9b8259abbca00bbbc004d-LinLibertineG-20110101.zip
>
> Thanks for your mail,
> László
>
> 2011/6/24 Christian Lippka <[hidden email]>:
>> I'm doing a windows build, fetching
>>
>> 881af2b7dca9b8259abbca00bbbc004d-LinLibertineG-20110101.zip
>>
>> failed, looks like domain www.numbertext.org is expired.
>>
>> Christian.

aqualung aqualung

Re: external LinLibertineG not available

Apologies for posting to the developers' list but I just wanted to express a big thank you to the creator(s) of the wonderful Linux Libertine G and Linux Biolinum G!

These fonts, with their many ligatures and other special characters and combinations, bring some of the delight back that the typesetters of old must have experienced when choosing from their palette of lead types.

I am puzzled that this achievement has not been recognized with a major typography award yet, or perhaps they are just too modest to post it on their website.
Németh László-2 Németh László-2

Re: external LinLibertineG not available

Hi,

Many thanks for your kind words in the name of Linux
Libertine/Biolinum and Graphite developers, too. There are some quite
exciting developments from these area. Eg. improved and extended font
family of Linux Libertine: new bold variant (the old one is renamed to
semi-bold); Linux Libertine Display, a size variant for greater point
sizes, see http://www.linuxlibertine.org/uploads/media/2011-05-PR-V5.0.0_02.pdf,
also the upcoming Graphite 2 integration for better performance. I
will convert the new Linux Libertine and Biolinum fonts to Graphite
now with combining diacritics (a basic need of several languages and
scientific/linguistic usage), and with some extra functions, too.
There are also a lot of other tasks to improve LibreOffice DTP, and we
have a big loss, Keith Stribley (see
http://ultimategerardm.blogspot.com/2011/02/in-memoriam-keith-stribley.html).
I hope, we will be able to continue his work to develop a professional
layout engine for LibreOffice with excellent (and default)
typographical facilities.

Best regards,
László

Michael Meeks Michael Meeks

On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 17:48 +0200, Christian Lippka wrote:
> I'm doing a windows build, fetching
>
> 881af2b7dca9b8259abbca00bbbc004d-LinLibertineG-20110101.zip
>
> failed, looks like domain www.numbertext.org is expired.

        Which makes me wonder: why are we not mirroring these ourselves ? I
feel slightly nervous about the build downloading files from here, there
& everywhere :-)

        Thoughts ?

                Michael.

Francois Tigeot Francois Tigeot

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 10:26:30AM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 17:48 +0200, Christian Lippka wrote:
> > I'm doing a windows build, fetching
> > 881af2b7dca9b8259abbca00bbbc004d-LinLibertineG-20110101.zip
> > failed, looks like domain www.numbertext.org is expired.
>
> Which makes me wonder: why are we not mirroring these ourselves ? I
> feel slightly nervous about the build downloading files from here, there
> & everywhere :-)
>
> Thoughts ?

Depends if it's part of LibreOffice or not.

IMHO, every part of LibreOffice needed to produce a release should be
available from a single source, managed by the Project's team itself.

For now, 3 separate URLs are needed to produce packages with the options I
have choosen :

        http://download.documentfoundation.org/libreoffice/src/
        http://download.go-oo.org/src/
        http://www.numbertext.org/linux/

The files under go-oo.org and numbertext.org should also be available from
download.documentfoundation.org.

--
Francois Tigeot
Caolán McNamara Caolán McNamara

On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 10:26 +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:

> On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 17:48 +0200, Christian Lippka wrote:
> > I'm doing a windows build, fetching
> >
> > 881af2b7dca9b8259abbca00bbbc004d-LinLibertineG-20110101.zip
> >
> > failed, looks like domain www.numbertext.org is expired.
>
> Which makes me wonder: why are we not mirroring these ourselves ? I
> feel slightly nervous about the build downloading files from here, there
> & everywhere :-)

We have md5sum/sha1sum there so we're ok from that pov, outages are an
issue. I'd be happy enough to use e.g. sourceforge mirrors for some of
those souces, e.g. if we didn't include the checksum into the download
urls themselves but listed them side-by-side and let the download do the
rename if they match, allowing us to stick downloads.sourceforge.net
urls directly in there without having to ask Fridrich or someone to
upload the files to the download url.

C.