failing case for .docx import

Kevin Buchs Kevin Buchs

failing case for .docx import

I've got a good example of a failure with a docx import for a document
someone sent me created with MS Word. I'd be happy to submit it to someone
at LO who could make use of it. The import is completely missing the text
on the single page.

Kevin Buchs

Pedro Pedro

Re: failing case for .docx import

Can you report the bug at

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=LibreOffice
?

Please search first if a similar bug hasn't been reported yet.

Alternatively you can add a link to the problematic document and someone (could be me) will report the bug. If you are accessing this mailing list through Nabble, you can attach the file to your next message.

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Users-f1639498.html
nabbler nabbler

On 07/01/2014, Kevin Buchs <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've got a good example of a failure with a docx import for a document
> someone sent me created with MS Word. I'd be happy to submit it to someone
> at LO who could make use of it. The import is completely missing the text
> on the single page.

Equally, please ask the source of the file to save a copy of the
document in odt format, then assist in submitting a bug report to m$
to request their explanation for any data lost when m$o performed the
format conversion to odt.

TomD TomD

Re: failing case for .docx import

Hi :)
I don't think it's fair to ask individuals to post bug-reports against
MS.  it's very difficult to work out if it's even possible to report a
bug to MS.

The best bet is just to report the bug to us and try to give us a file
that has the problem.  It helps to let our bug-tracking service know
which version of MS and which version of LibreOffice.  If people here
are able to try the document on their systems then we might build-up a
picture of which versions have the problem and which don't although
the devs probably have some magic way of figuring that out but even so
it might be nice to help save them a bit of time.