floating point comparison plugin results

Noel Grandin-2 Noel Grandin-2

floating point comparison plugin results

Hi

(For further discussion)

This is the list of source locations where my new fpcomparison clang plugin detects the use of == or != on floating
point values.

Regards, Noel Grandin

fpcomparison.log (14K) Download Attachment
Armin Le Grand-2 Armin Le Grand-2

Re: floating point comparison plugin results

Hi Noel,

great work, great idea! Just one note: Will the plugin kept to be activated to warn in the future...?

Am 21.01.2016 um 13:47 schrieb Noel Grandin:
Hi

(For further discussion)

This is the list of source locations where my new fpcomparison clang plugin detects the use of == or != on floating
point values.

Regards, Noel Grandin

ALG (PGP Key: EE1C 4B3F E751 D8BC C485 DEC1 3C59 F953 D81C F4A2)

On 2016/01/25 12:18 PM, Armin Le Grand wrote:

> great work, great idea! Just one note: Will the plugin kept to be activated to warn in the future...?

I'll have to think about that - there are quite a few places where it looks legal to use operator==, so I'd need quite
an extensive whitelist
Eike Rathke-2 Eike Rathke-2

On Thursday, 2016-01-21 14:47:47 +0200, Noel Grandin wrote:

> This is the list of source locations where my new fpcomparison clang plugin detects the use of == or != on floating
> point values.

Comparing ==0.0 or !=0.0 is fine, you can exclude those.

  Eike

GPG key "ID" 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Better use 64-bit 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A here is why: https://evil32.com/
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack