highlight color won't change

PegM4 PegM4

highlight color won't change

I highlighted some text in my Writer document and saved the document.  I now think the highlighting is too dark.  I have tried to change the highlighting to a lighter color several times and it would change.  I then saved it and closed it. I've gone through this process several times, but every time I open it, it is the original dark highlighting.

I'm using LibreOffice Writer 5.1.3.2 on an iMac computer with OS X El Capitan.

Thank you
PegM
Armin Le Grand-2 Armin Le Grand-2

Re: highlight color won't change

Hi,

how do you change the selection color in LO? I know no possibility.

LO takes the selection color from the system it runs at. Please change
it there.

Am 25.08.2016 um 13:53 schrieb PegM4:

> I highlighted some text in my Writer document and saved the document.  I now
> think the highlighting is too dark.  I have tried to change the highlighting
> to a lighter color several times and it would change.  I then saved it and
> closed it. I've gone through this process several times, but every time I
> open it, it is the original dark highlighting.
>
> I'm using LibreOffice Writer 5.1.3.2 on an iMac computer with OS X El
> Capitan.
>
> Thank you
> PegM

ALG (PGP Key: EE1C 4B3F E751 D8BC C485 DEC1 3C59 F953 D81C F4A2)

V Stuart Foote V Stuart Foote

Re: highlight color won't change

When you save what format?  If to .docx it won't survive round-trip filtering. It should be correct if you save to ODF Text .odt format.  Which is it?

PegM4 PegM4

Re: highlight color won't change

I was saving it to doc.  You are correct in that odt fixes the issue.  Thanks you for the help.

PegM4
Philip Jackson Philip Jackson

On 28/08/16 23:04, PegM4 wrote:
> I was saving it to doc.  You are correct in that odt fixes the issue.  Thanks
> you for the help.

Further on the subject of highlighting in LO Writer - I used this
technique to mark up phrases, sentences, words requiring editing in a
draft document sent to me.

As I carried out the editing, I removed the highlight color by selecting
the 'no fill' option. Everything looked fine until I exported to xhtml
or epub to make an eBook and there I found loads of <span> tags and
their closing partners as junk left behind by adding the color and then
by canceling it with 'no fill'.

So, just a warning, that while apparently benign, highlighting text and
removing the highlight leaves loads of junk hidden in the document file.

Philip

V Stuart Foote V Stuart Foote

Re: highlight color won't change

Armin,

I think it is sorted for OP by using an ODF document. But you might have a read of

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Discussion-about-highlighting-MS-compatibility-issue-tt4139399.html#none

and the linked BZ issues to see comment(s) from Tamás on dealing with round trips to OOXML formatted documents.

Stuart
PegM4 PegM4

Re: highlight color won't change

Thank you...good to know.

PegM

> I was saving it to doc.  You are correct in that odt fixes the issue.  Thanks
> you for the help.

Further on the subject of highlighting in LO Writer - I used this
technique to mark up phrases, sentences, words requiring editing in a
draft document sent to me.

As I carried out the editing, I removed the highlight color by selecting
the 'no fill' option. Everything looked fine until I exported to xhtml
or epub to make an eBook and there I found loads of <span> tags and
their closing partners as junk left behind by adding the color and then
by canceling it with 'no fill'.

So, just a warning, that while apparently benign, highlighting text and
removing the highlight leaves loads of junk hidden in the document file.

Philip

http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/highlight-color-won-t-change-tp4191700p4192056.html
To unsubscribe from highlight color won't change, click here.
NAML