how i can rotate print like landscape?

manuel_songokuh manuel_songokuh

how i can rotate print like landscape?

hello

i use calc LibreOffice 3.5:build-413, with opensuse 12.1 and KDE 4.8.5.

my page format is: A4 landscape (horizontal), this is OK
but
for print : need to rotate left or right (90 degree ) to vertical for print..

1-----see my screenshot A.png this is a normal my job page format is landscape.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5440392/forum/libreoffice/A.png

2-----see my screenshot B.png this is my dream resolve for print, this is possible?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5440392/forum/libreoffice/B.png

3-----i did try print lanscape from libreoffice printer
see my screenshot C.png, this is default config printer from libreoffice...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5440392/forum/libreoffice/C.png

but my printed paper is problem see my screenshot:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5440392/forum/libreoffice/out-printed.png

then my printer is RICOH and i did send report for problem (not work lanscape) but ricoh is not speed reply.. but i need urgent to print 568 copies so I NEED ROTATE PRINT, can LIBREOFFICE helps my problem??

thank you

Mas/_gemini Mas/_gemini

Re: how i can rotate print like landscape?

This does not sound like a problem with Libreoffice , but your printer
drivers. Try printing from another application installed on the system.

Mas

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> hello
>
> i use calc LibreOffice 3.5:build-413, with opensuse 12.1 and KDE 4.8.5.
>
> my page format is: A4 landscape (horizontal), this is OK
> but
> for print : need to rotate left or right (90 degree ) to vertical for
> print..
>
> 1-----see my screenshot A.png this is a normal my job page format is
> landscape.
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5440392/forum/libreoffice/A.png
>
> 2-----see my screenshot B.png this is my dream resolve for print, this is
> possible?
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5440392/forum/libreoffice/B.png
>

> 3-----i did try print lanscape from libreoffice printer
> see my screenshot C.png, this is default config printer from libreoffice...
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5440392/forum/libreoffice/C.png
>

> but my printed paper is problem see my screenshot:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5440392/forum/libreoffice/out-printed.png
>
> then my printer is RICOH and i did send report for problem (not work
> lanscape) but ricoh is not speed reply.. but i need urgent to print 568
> copies so I NEED ROTATE PRINT, can LIBREOFFICE helps my problem??
>
> thank you

Masekela Walls
Web Security Analyst | Senior Server Administrator
Powserve.com / Gemini ISP Networks

Nino Nino

Re: how i can rotate print like landscape?

did you try to first export to PDF and then print this PDF with acrobat or some
other pdf printer? It sometimes can work better than printing directly.

Nino

Am 04.09.2012 17:41 schrieb [hidden email]:

> hello
>
> i use calc LibreOffice 3.5:build-413, with opensuse 12.1 and KDE 4.8.5.
>
> my page format is: A4 landscape (horizontal), this is OK
> but
> for print : need to rotate left or right (90 degree ) to vertical for print..
>
> 1-----see my screenshot A.png this is a normal my job page format is landscape.
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5440392/forum/libreoffice/A.png
>
> 2-----see my screenshot B.png this is my dream resolve for print, this is possible?
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5440392/forum/libreoffice/B.png
>

> 3-----i did try print lanscape from libreoffice printer
> see my screenshot C.png, this is default config printer from libreoffice...
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5440392/forum/libreoffice/C.png
>

> but my printed paper is problem see my screenshot:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5440392/forum/libreoffice/out-printed.png
>
> then my printer is RICOH and i did send report for problem (not work lanscape) but ricoh is not speed reply.. but i need urgent to print 568 copies so I NEED ROTATE PRINT, can LIBREOFFICE helps my problem??
>
> thank you

manuel_songokuh manuel_songokuh

Re: how i can rotate print like landscape?

hello
i RESOLVEEEEEDDDD!!!! THANKK FROM OPENSUSE!!!
go to see link forum topic:
http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/applications/472640-libreoffice-doesnt-print-landscape-files-properly.html

________________________________
did you try to first export to PDF and then print this PDF with acrobat or some
other pdf printer? It sometimes can work better than printing directly.

Nino

Am 04.09.2012 17:41 schrieb [hidden email]:

> hello
>
> i use calc LibreOffice 3.5:build-413, with opensuse 12.1 and KDE 4.8.5.
>
> my page format is: A4 landscape (horizontal), this is OK
> but
> for print : need to rotate left or right (90 degree ) to vertical for print..
>
> 1-----see my screenshot A.png this is a normal my job page format is landscape.
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5440392/forum/libreoffice/A.png
>
> 2-----see my screenshot B.png this is my dream resolve for print, this is possible?
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5440392/forum/libreoffice/B.png
>

> 3-----i did try print lanscape from libreoffice printer
> see my screenshot C.png, this is default config printer from libreoffice...
>
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5440392/forum/libreoffice/C.png
>

> but my printed paper is problem see my screenshot:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5440392/forum/libreoffice/out-printed.png
>
> then my printer is RICOH and i did send report for problem (not work lanscape) but ricoh is not speed reply.. but i need urgent to print 568 copies so I NEED ROTATE PRINT, can LIBREOFFICE helps my problem??
>
> thank you

krackedpress krackedpress

Re: how i can rotate print like landscape?

I use CUPS-PDF and it makes landscape go "side-ways" for printing on a
portrait page.

On 09/04/2012 02:04 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> hello
> i RESOLVEEEEEDDDD!!!! THANKK FROM OPENSUSE!!!
> go to see link forum topic:
> http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/applications/472640-libreoffice-doesnt-print-landscape-files-properly.html
>

> ________________________________

Tom Tom

Re: how i can rotate print like landscape?

Congrats!!  The thread there was quite interesting.  I'm sure we had this question asked here not so long ago and they found post-script worked better.  I think they didn't find the better way of keeping .ps as the default format though.  I think they used a template method.  It was interesting to hear it wasn't just a openSUSE problem but doesn't seem to affect all OSes.
Congrats and regards from
Tom :)

>________________________________

marcpare4 marcpare4

Re: how i can rotate print like landscape?

Congrat Manuel!

Le 2012-09-04 14:04, [hidden email] a écrit :
> hello
> i RESOLVEEEEEDDDD!!!! THANKK FROM OPENSUSE!!!
> go to see link forum topic:
> http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/applications/472640-libreoffice-doesnt-print-landscape-files-properly.html

BTW ... the fix for the same problem on Samsung and other printers is to
install the opensource SpliX driver (it may be in the various linux
repositories). The driver is for any printer making use of the Samsung
Printer Language (SPL), some of which include printer made from:
Samsung, Xerox, Dell, Toshiba ...

Once installed it fixes the problems with landscape printing.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré
[hidden email]

manuel_songokuh manuel_songokuh

Re: how i can rotate print like landscape?

hello
thank you.
but problem is not resolved (but works as perfect but there are not 'automatic' or 'save to default changed' when i changed config from "PDF" to "PostScript (Level from driver)"
this problem is not know where is problem from...from libreoffice or linux distro (my is opensuse 12.1) this is not clear where is problm.. but few days me and users(opensuse and libreoffice) will found resolved and i will reply here email users.
smile!

________________________________
Le 2012-09-04 14:04, [hidden email] a écrit :
> hello
> i RESOLVEEEEEDDDD!!!! THANKK FROM OPENSUSE!!!
> go to see link forum topic:
> http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/applications/472640-libreoffice-doesnt-print-landscape-files-properly.html

BTW ... the fix for the same problem on Samsung and other printers is to install the opensource SpliX driver (it may be in the various linux repositories). The driver is for any printer making use of the Samsung Printer Language (SPL), some of which include printer made from: Samsung, Xerox, Dell, Toshiba ...

Once installed it fixes the problems with landscape printing.

Cheers,

Marc

-- Marc Paré
[hidden email]
http://www.parEntreprise.com

-- For unsubscribe instructions e-mail to: [hidden email]

marcpare4 marcpare4

Re: how i can rotate print like landscape?

Hi Manuel,

Le 2012-09-06 05:43, [hidden email] a écrit :
> hello
> thank you.
> but problem is not resolved (but works as perfect but there are not 'automatic' or 'save to default changed' when i changed config from "PDF" to "PostScript (Level from driver)"
> this problem is not know where is problem from...from libreoffice or linux distro (my is opensuse 12.1) this is not clear where is problm.. but few days me and users(opensuse and libreoffice) will found resolved and i will reply here email users.
> smile!

I think you will find that the problem is not with LibreOffice, but with
the printer settings with your Linux distro (OpenSuse). You need to go
into your printer setup and make sure that you have chosen the right
preferences and the right driver. If your printer uses SPL (Samsung
Printer Language), then you may want to try the SpliX driver to see if
this will fix the problem.

As you say in your message, it will be nice to know how you fixed this.
Thanks for doing this.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré
[hidden email]

krackedpress krackedpress

Re: how i can rotate print like landscape?

Maybe the problem is solved with opensuse 12.2 - which an article
announced that it was out now.

On 09/06/2012 05:43 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> hello
> thank you.
> but problem is not resolved (but works as perfect but there are not 'automatic' or 'save to default changed' when i changed config from "PDF" to "PostScript (Level from driver)"
> this problem is not know where is problem from...from libreoffice or linux distro (my is opensuse 12.1) this is not clear where is problm.. but few days me and users(opensuse and libreoffice) will found resolved and i will reply here email users.
> smile!
>

> ________________________________

you said: problem is not with libreoffice..right but go to see bug report this mean is problem is FROM LIBREOFFICE...
go to see: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=44664

ok?you can see code from
/usr/lib64/libreoffice/share/psprint/psprint.conf
test and try it ok?

________________________________

NoOp NoOp

On 09/06/2012 02:43 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
> hello
> thank you.
> but problem is not resolved (but works as perfect but there are not 'automatic' or 'save to default changed' when i changed config from "PDF" to "PostScript (Level from driver)"
> this problem is not know where is problem from...from libreoffice or linux distro (my is opensuse 12.1) this is not clear where is problm.. but few days me and users(opensuse and libreoffice) will found resolved and i will reply here email users.
> smile!

For some reason, each time I post this solution, the post never gets
through... so I'll try one more time:

marcpare4 marcpare4

Le 2012-09-06 14:07, [hidden email] a écrit :
> hello
>
> you said: problem is not with libreoffice..right but go to see bug report this mean is problem is FROM LIBREOFFICE...
> go to see: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=44664
>
> ok?you can see code from
> /usr/lib64/libreoffice/share/psprint/psprint.conf
> test and try it ok?

Yes, the bug report is on the LibreOffice bugzilla but this does not
mean that the bug is due to LibreOffice. There are mentions of changes
to the CUPS drivers etc.

My suggestion is to check to see if your printer uses SPL, if so, give
the SpliX driver a try. And this may fix the problem. I know this works
as I have used it on my Samsung SCX-4200 printer and my other clients
who own Samsung printers used the same fix on theirs. The landscape
problem was then resolved regardless of which version of LibreOffice is
used on these boxes (Mageia, Mandriva).

What model is your Ricoh printer?

Cheers,

Marc