how to get LO to open document at full screen width

Philip Jackson-2 Philip Jackson-2

how to get LO to open document at full screen width

I'm using LO 6.3.5.2 in UbuntuSTudio 1804

My Calc and Writer documents always open at a size which fills about 3/4 of my 16:9 format screen. I inevitably have to resize them to full width (especially the Calc sheets). LO doesn't seem to be able to remember what size they were when closed after previous editing.

I have searched for a way to force them to open at full screen width but with no success. Is there some setting(s) buried somewhere in the 'advanced' settings which can be arranged to force full width opening?

Philip

James Knott-2 James Knott-2

Re: how to get LO to open document at full screen width

On 2020-06-01 09:42 AM, Philip Jackson wrote:

> I have searched for a way to force them to open at full screen width
> but with no success. Is there some setting(s) buried somewhere in the
> 'advanced' settings which can be arranged to force full width opening?

Have you tried that ^ to the left of the close button?  It's remembered
on my openSUSE system.

On 01/06/2020 15:48, James Knott wrote:
> On 2020-06-01 09:42 AM, Philip Jackson wrote:
>>
>> I have searched for a way to force them to open at full screen width but with no success. Is there some setting(s) buried somewhere in the 'advanced' settings which can be arranged to force full width opening?
>
> Have you tried that ^ to the left of the close button?  It's remembered on my openSUSE system.

Yes, that is the problem. I always have to click that icon to get full screen but LO's idea of full screen is about 3/4 of the width of my screen. There is also a system shortcut, F5, which is supposed to give full screen and that is more reliable than the little icon top right in the LO window.

I suspect there is interference with the margin settings in the system workspace settings. I'll have another look but I was hoping there would be some way to 'force' LO to use full width regardless. Firefox always remembers.

Philip

James Knott-2 James Knott-2

On 2020-06-01 02:35 PM, Philip Jackson wrote:
>> Have you tried that ^ to the left of the close button?  It's
>> remembered on my openSUSE system.
>
> Yes, that is the problem. I always have to click that icon to get full
> screen but LO's idea of full screen is about 3/4 of the width of my
> screen. There is also a system shortcut, F5, which is supposed to give
> full screen and that is more reliable than the little icon top right
> in the LO window.

The ^ works fine for me, covering the entire screen, other than the task
bar at the bottom.  F5 does nothing.  I suspect there's a problem with
the way your system handles ^.