how to make resource file

jaeseok jaeseok

how to make resource file

Hello.I need your help.

I would like to know about how to make resource file such as foren.res, forko.res. I guess that the resource file was generated by pyhon code or downloaded to pkg.

please
Tor Lillqvist-2 Tor Lillqvist-2

Re: how to make resource file

Please tell what your overall goal is, not what you think is the way to achieve it.

--tml

jaeseok jaeseok

Re: how to make resource file

This post was updated on .
thank your reply.

My overall goal is clear. I wish to make a new resource file that I add some functions.

so I would like to know that how to make resource files.

thank you.
Markus Mohrhard Markus Mohrhard

Re: how to make resource file

Hey,

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 2:26 AM, jaeseok <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello. I need your help.

My overall goal is clear. I wish to make a new resource file that I add some
functions.

so I would like to know that how to make resource files.

Your goal is not clear and the question itself makes no sense as we don't use resource files as source format. So please explain the problem that you are trying to solve so we can suggest the correct approach.

Regards,
Markus

jaeseok jaeseok

Re: how to make resource file

sorry, my explain was lack.

I would like to know code that make openoffice-calc-formula resource files.

This resource file that is hexadecimal binary file. The file that 'forko.res, foren.res' is used to formula module. and the resource files is used in 'aoo-trunk/main/formula/source/core/resource/core_resource.cxx, ResourceManager::ensureImplExists()'.

Before the build openoffice, we set language. and then this resource file is generated. so I guess exist the generate code.

Tor Lillqvist-2 Tor Lillqvist-2

Re: how to make resource file

> 'forko.res, foren.res' is used to formula module. and the resource files is
> used in 'aoo-trunk/

This is the LibreOffice mailing list, maybe you should ask on the
Apache OpenOffice list if that is the code you are building?

--tml
jaeseok jaeseok

Re: how to make resource file

This post was updated on .
oh I'm sorry. It is my mistake. but the name of resoure file is same.

the resource file path is that '/usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/resource/forko.res'

I think that this file(forko.res) is used in libreoffice-calc too.
Tor Lillqvist-2 Tor Lillqvist-2

Re: how to make resource file

> I would like to know code that make openoffice-calc-formula resource files.

You still did not explain *why* you need to find that code. What is it
that you want to do? Improve the Korean localisation? Change some UI
strings?

You also mentioned functions, do you want to add some new function to
Calc? Or translate some function names to Korean? Or what?

--tml
Jan Holesovsky-4 Jan Holesovsky-4

Re: how to make resource file

jaeseok píše v Út 03. 01. 2017 v 03:04 -0700:
> oh I'm sorry. It is my mistake.
>
> the resource file path is that
> '/usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/resource/forko.res'
>
> I think that this file(forko.res) is used in libreoffice-calc too.

That file is generated from

  formula/source/core/resource/core_resource.src

as you can see from

  formula/AllLangResTarget_for.mk

But as the others pointed out - it would be great to know your overall
goal; like:

  "I want to add feature 'X' to LibreOffice, and for that I need to
  do 'Y', 'Z' and 'A'.  How do I do 'Y'?"

Instead of just

  "How do I do 'Y'?"

because we have seen many times that people have asked how to do Y; and
later how to do Z, and then how to do A - and when they combined it
together, it actually did not lead to having X implemented :-) - just
because to do X, it was necessary to do K, L and M, instead of Y, Z and
A in the first place...

Hope this helps,
Kendy

jaeseok jaeseok

Re: how to make resource file

This post was updated on .

thank you for your information. I want to do that all that you mention.

I looked up this file. There are only path of target in makefile. so I need some more help.

target call : formula/AllLangResTarget_for.mk
define & function : formula/AllLangResTarget.mk
define variable & path : TargetLoactions.mk

Before the build process, I wrote language option in configure script and set evironment variable. because this option, 'core_resource.src' are generated by 'res.srs'.

I guess the resource file generation process that 'for/res.srs -> resource/core_resoure.src -> bin/foren.res'.

I really wonder a code that convert 'core_resource.src' to 'foren.res' resource file and 'res.srs' to 'core_resource.src'.
jan iversen jan iversen

Re: how to make resource file

I looked up this file. There are only path of target in makefile. so I need
some more help.
I wonder what you looked at

as Jan wrote earlier is happens in AllLangResTarget_for.mk, to be precise line 25.

Before the build process, I wrote language option in configure script and
set evironment variable. because this option, 'core_resource.src' are
generated by 'res.srs’.
Hmm why did you change the configure script, the right way to do this is in autogen.input

Have a look at:

that explains a lot of these details.

I really wonder a code that convert 'core_resource.src' to 'foren.res'
resource file and 'res.srs' to 'core_resource.src’.

Follow the gb_ macros (solenv/gbuild). Please be aware the our build system is very different from the one used in AOO (spoken as an old AOO committer).

But like the others, I would like to hear what you want to do ?

rgds
jan I.

jaeseok jaeseok

Re: how to make resource file

thanks your kindness, I read in website.

I knew the fact that installed the program not Libreoffice but Openoffice. so I looked around 'AllLangResTarget_for.mk' in libreoffice opengrok and I studied gb_macro.

but I don't know well yet.

In AllLangResTarget_for.mk, I can assign the resource name and generation path through gb_SrsTarget_add_files. but I think the gb_macro is only assign name and the path.

for example,

gb_SrsTarget_add_files is used in AllLangResTarget_for.mk
     25 $(eval $(call gb_SrsTarget_add_files,formula/res,\
     26     formula/source/core/resource/core_resource.src \

gb_SrsTarget_add_files is define in AllLangResTarget.mk
    214 define gb_SrsTarget_add_files
    215 $(foreach file,$(2),$(call gb_SrsTarget_add_file,$(1),$(file)))
    216
    217 endef

In alllangres.mk, SrsTarget class inheritanced from types.mk and add_files function is define

In mk files, I found the command such as mkdir, dir, echo, rm, but, that's all. nowhere not exist convert code.

where is the code convert src to binary?

and I want to convert my src file to binary file for some reasons. Improve Korean localisation, change UI strings, add functions.

best regards.
jan iversen jan iversen

Re: how to make resource file

I knew the fact that installed the program not Libreoffice but Openoffice.

Well if you work on openoffice, it would be natural to ask the questions on their list, as written earlier, the build systems are very different and it is very difficult to look at the LibreOffice build system and learn how things are done in the openoffice build system.

You will also see that the translation process is quite different. The LibreOffice community have spent lots of hours to streamline both the build system and the translation process to make contributing more efficient, something we are very proud of.

So why not work on LibreOffice directly ?

rgds
jan I.