how to operate gb_macro(solenv/gbuild)

jaeseok jaeseok

how to operate gb_macro(solenv/gbuild)

hello, I am tracing code. but until now I studied c++ so it is first time that I saw gnu make file such as gb_macro. so I needs some help.

this is related code.

$(eval $(call gb_SrsTarget_add_files,formula/res, formula/source/core/resource/core_resource.src ))

I know [gb_SrsTarget_add_files] is function and [formula/res], [formula/source/core/resource/core_resource.src] is parameter.

where is the call this code and how to operation?

best regards,
jan iversen jan iversen

Re: how to operate gb_macro(solenv/gbuild)

hello, I am tracing code.
Why are you tracing code ? Normally people do that to solve a problem, but you have not told yet what problem you want to solve.

We can only help you, if we understand what you really try to do, until then you will only get very generic answers.

where is the call this code and how to operation?
use
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org
That tool is (as documented in the getInvolved page) is used to search for symbols/variables/functions etc, both where they are defined and where they are called.

rgds
jan I.

jaeseok jaeseok

Re: how to operate gb_macro(solenv/gbuild)

This post was updated on .
What I ultimately want to do is work on a project. I do not have enough skills yet, but I want to be a developer of Libre Office later on.

I want to create a function that automatically completes the screen if there is the same letter as the data of the data pool stored in advance while inputting characters on the screen. In this case, we want to keep the data storage method in hexadecimal format when managing the file containing the data.

I saw that the formula module was managing the data in hexadecimal (foren.res), and I was tracking the process to refer to it. So I wanted to know everything related to foren.res being created and used.

Because using the translation, it may be a bit awkward

rgds
jan iversen jan iversen

Re: how to operate gb_macro(solenv/gbuild)

> What I ultimately want to do is work on a personal project. I do not have
> enough skills yet, but I want to be a developer of Libre Office later on.
>
> I want to create a function that automatically completes the screen if there
> is the same letter as the data of the data pool stored in advance while
> inputting characters on the screen. In this case, we want to keep the data
> storage method in hexadecimal format when managing the file containing the
> data.
Well text is hexadecimal if you prefer to read it that way :-)

Using hexadecimal to really store text, and not only as display formats, basically doubles the string size, that sounds a bit strange to me.

> I saw that the formula module was managing the data in hexadecimal
> (foren.res), and I was tracking the process to refer to it. So I wanted to
> know everything related to foren.res being created and used.
For sure it is not the text the user inputs, nor is it the texts used in calc.

You need to write an extension, and work through the UNO API, that is basically the way to interact with LO. If you want to write a general program that completes screen in any program, then I can only wish you good luck, we concentrate on people who contribute to LibreOffice on this list.

rgds
jan I.

Tor Lillqvist-2 Tor Lillqvist-2

Re: how to operate gb_macro(solenv/gbuild)

> I want to create a function that automatically completes the screen

what is "the screen" ?

> if there
> is the same letter as the data of the data pool stored in advance while
> inputting characters on the screen.

Anyway, this sounds like you want to add some actual new kind of
functionality to LibreOffice.

> In this case, we want to keep the data
> storage method in hexadecimal format when managing the file containing the
> data.

You seem to have become completely confused and obsessed by this
"hexadecimal" idea. Probably you are misunderstanding something.
Resource files are binary, there is nothing "hexadecimal" with them.
(Except that, of course, any file can be displayed as hexadecimal,
because any 8-bit byte can be displayed as two hexadecimal numbers.)
Or are you just saying "hexadecimal" when you simply mean "binary"
(not text)?

> I saw that the formula module was managing the data in hexadecimal
> (foren.res),

No. Nothing is "managing data" in .res files. .res files are created
when LibreOffice is built, and then only read at run-time. I wouldn't
call that "managing data".

Just forget the hexadecimal aspect and resource files for now, and
work on adding the actual functionality you want, in the C++ source
code. Translating any new strings to Korean (and other languages) will
come later.

--tml
jaeseok jaeseok

Re: how to operate gb_macro(solenv/gbuild)

> I want to create a function that automatically completes the screen
it is wrong sentence.

I want to create a new kind of functionality.

And like your mention, not hexadecimal but binary. I was writing wrong.
And also not managing but generation and using.

I know that .res files are created when LO is built. so I wonder the location that generating source code. In formula/AllLangResTarget_for.mk, they only decide referencing source and generation path along the language. And decide folder name. Is it wrong?

So I think two things.
first, I misunderstood how gb_macro works. so this question title is how to operate gb_macro(solenv/gbuild).
second, other code exist that core_resource.src convert to foren-US.res. so I addtional question.
Tor Lillqvist-2 Tor Lillqvist-2

Re: how to operate gb_macro(solenv/gbuild)

> I know that .res files are created when LO is built. so I wonder the
> location that generating source code.

The .res files are generated by the 'rsc' program. Its source code is
in the 'rsc' subdirectory. See rsc/README for a little bit of
documentation.

--tml
jan iversen jan iversen

On 11 Jan 2017, at 11:49, jaeseok <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I want to create a new kind of functionality.
If you want to create new functionality you either need to write an extension or start building LibreOffice using the wiki link I gave you.

> first, I misunderstood how gb_macro works. so this question title is how to
> operate gb_macro(solenv/gbuild).
Read the gmake manual if you want to understand how the macros work.

the macros themself are called from .mk files in each module or from another macro.

> second, other code exist that core_resource.src convert to foren-US.res. so
> I addtional question.
search using opengrok as suggested earlier.

But as it was said earlier, start coding and concentrate later on the res file.

rgds
jan i