how to set JAVA_HOME

Rahul Gurung Rahul Gurung

how to set JAVA_HOME

While doing my new build, I get this error,

* WARNING : JAVA_HOME was not explicitly informed with --with-jdk-home. the configure script
* WARNING : attempted to find JAVA_HOME automatically, but apparently it failed
* WARNING : in case JAVA_HOME is incorrectly set, some projects will not be built correctly

tried few solutions from google and added --with-jdk-home=path/to/jdk but it further gives me below error

checking whether to add custom build version... no
configure: error: /usr/lib/jvm//bin/java not found, pass --with-jdk-home
Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 296.

Eduard Ardeleanu Eduard Ardeleanu

Re: how to set JAVA_HOME

For me it's working by having the JAVA_HOME system property set.
What OS do you use?
I've used this article to set JAVA configuration in Ubuntu: https://thishosting.rocks/install-java-ubuntu/

echo $JAVA_HOME
   /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle

./autogen.sh  | grep java
   checking for java... /usr/bin/java
   checking for javac... /usr/bin/javac
   checking for javadoc... /usr/bin/javadoc
   checking for JAWT lib... -L/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre/lib/amd64 -ljawt
   configure: WARNING: no suitable nasm (Netwide Assembler) found
   checking for JUnit 4... /usr/share/java/junit4.jar
   checking for included Hamcrest... Included in /usr/share/java/junit4.jar
   config.status: creating config_host/config_java.h

Hope it helps.

On Tue, Oct 9, 2018 at 8:51 PM Rahul Gurung <[hidden email]> wrote:
While doing my new build, I get this error,

* WARNING : JAVA_HOME was not explicitly informed with --with-jdk-home. the configure script
* WARNING : attempted to find JAVA_HOME automatically, but apparently it failed
* WARNING : in case JAVA_HOME is incorrectly set, some projects will not be built correctly

tried few solutions from google and added --with-jdk-home=path/to/jdk but it further gives me below error

checking whether to add custom build version... no
configure: error: /usr/lib/jvm//bin/java not found, pass --with-jdk-home
Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 296.

Rahul Gurung Rahul Gurung

slacka slacka

Re: how to set JAVA_HOME

I first noticed this same error in Arch after a Java version upgrade. Then again after I upgraded Ubuntu from 16.04 to 180.4.

My guess is that either this is an error in our autogen.sh Java detection logic or there was a change in the Java installer between Java 8 and Java 10.