howto tar or deb package

Ralf Saalmüller-2 Ralf Saalmüller-2

howto tar or deb package

Hello to LibreOffice

a short introduction: I use StarOffice / OOo / LibreOffice since
StarOffice 3.1 on Mac OS on the PowerPC. I still have a powerpc with
Linux in use and I like to have LibreOffice on it.

It was a 24h job but LibreOffice was made and is running on my
PowerBook G4. I like to share the package to other people using
powerpcs and Linux. Done that with Firefox and Thunderbird community
build already.

Is there a way to make a package or to build a deb package? A howto?
It is a little bit of a mess to tell people it will work but you have
to run the compiler all day long. Offering a community-build would be
great.

Thanks for any advice!

Ralf

PGP.sig (210 bytes) Download Attachment
Jonathan Aquilina Jonathan Aquilina

Re: howto tar or deb package

What distro are you using? If you are using ubuntu, on irc.freenode.net there is an ubuntu-packaging channel. they might be able to provide you some help with packaging of LO.

On 12/22/10 10:07 AM, Ralf Saalmüller wrote:
Hello to LibreOffice

a short introduction: I use StarOffice / OOo / LibreOffice since StarOffice 3.1 on Mac OS on the PowerPC. I still have a powerpc with Linux in use and I like to have LibreOffice on it.

It was a 24h job but LibreOffice was made and is running on my PowerBook G4. I like to share the package to other people using powerpcs and Linux. Done that with Firefox and Thunderbird community build already.

Is there a way to make a package or to build a deb package? A howto? It is a little bit of a mess to tell people it will work but you have to run the compiler all day long. Offering a community-build would be great.

Thanks for any advice!

Ralf
_______________________________________________ LibreOffice mailing list [hidden email] http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/libreoffice

spaetz spaetz

Re: howto tar or deb package

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:07:31 +0100, Ralf Saalmüller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there a way to make a package or to build a deb package? A howto?
> It is a little bit of a mess to tell people it will work but you have
> to run the compiler all day long. Offering a community-build would be
> great.

./configure --help tells me:

--with-package-format   Specify package format(s) for LibO installsets.
                          Default is the "normal" one of the OS/Distribution.
                          Possible values: aix, bsd, deb, inst, tardist, osx,
                          pkg, rpm, setld, native, portable, archive, dmg,
                          installed, msi. Example: --with-package-format="deb
                          dmg"
Rene Engelhard Rene Engelhard

Re: howto tar or deb package

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 03:41:33PM +0100, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 10:07:31 +0100, Ralf Saalmüller <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Is there a way to make a package or to build a deb package? A howto?
> > It is a little bit of a mess to tell people it will work but you have
> > to run the compiler all day long. Offering a community-build would be
> > great.
>
> ./configure --help tells me:
>
> --with-package-format   Specify package format(s) for LibO installsets.
>                           Default is the "normal" one of the OS/Distribution.
>                           Possible values: aix, bsd, deb, inst, tardist, osx,
>                           pkg, rpm, setld, native, portable, archive, dmg,
>                           installed, msi. Example: --with-package-format="deb
>                           dmg"

And deb is default if one is buildingon a debian (or debian-based) system:

      # if building on Debian, default should be deb...
      if test -e /etc/debian_version; then
         PKGFORMAT=deb
      else
         PKGFORMAT=rpm
      fi

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 : :' : http://www.debian.org | http://people.debian.org/~rene/