http://templates.libreoffice.org/template-center is for Mci9rosfot Office?!?!?!?

jonathon-6 jonathon-6

http://templates.libreoffice.org/template-center is for Mci9rosfot Office?!?!?!?

All:

Can somebody please explain to me, when, and more importantly, why
LibreOffice is offering templates for Microsoft Office?

http://templates.libreoffice.org/template-center/gantt-chart-simple
being just one such example.

jonathon
Simos Xenitellis Simos Xenitellis

Re: http://templates.libreoffice.org/template-center is for Mci9rosfot Office?!?!?!?

On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 10:51 PM, toki <[hidden email]> wrote:
> All:
>
> Can somebody please explain to me, when, and more importantly, why
> LibreOffice is offering templates for Microsoft Office?
>
> http://templates.libreoffice.org/template-center/gantt-chart-simple
> being just one such example.

I am a bit uncomfortable with the tone. It could have been more to the
exact point.

This appears to be a user-contributed template.
As far I as I know, LibreOffice can open those .xlsx files.
Do you have evidence that the .xlsx file was created with Microsoft Office?

Simos
jonathon-6 jonathon-6

Simos wrote:

>I am a bit uncomfortable with the tone. It could have been more to the
exact point.

Today wasn't the first time I've downloaded MSO templates from there.

>>Do you have evidence that the .xlsx file was created with Microsoft Office?

it doesn't matter what program was used to create it. The point is that
it is not in ODF format, which is the expected file format for a
LibreOffice Template gallery.

jonathon
Alex Thurgood Alex Thurgood

Re: http://templates.libreoffice.org/template-center is for Mci9rosfot Office?!?!?!?

Le 06/09/2016 à 21:51, toki a écrit :

Hi toki,

> Can somebody please explain to me, when, and more importantly, why
> LibreOffice is offering templates for Microsoft Office?
>
> http://templates.libreoffice.org/template-center/gantt-chart-simple
> being just one such example.

Good topic for debate. Indeed, as a suite that is supposed to be one of
the reference implementations for ODF, it seems pretty strange to be
offering MS XML templates on the extensions website. You might be better
off posting on the website mailing list though, as that seems to broach
topics about the extensions website more often.

Alex