inviting Brazilian community members to Freiburg

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

inviting Brazilian community members to Freiburg

Hello,

over the past weeks, the idea has grown to invite valued Brazilian
community members to the Freiburg Hackfest and afterwards have them
connect with local German hackers, like Eike, Björn and others, to
exchange thoughts and ideas and work together on some tasks.

The concrete proposal is to have Marcos Souza and José Guilherme Vanz
invited to Germany for approximately one week.

The development budget that would fit does not contain enough funds
anymore, but given factoring in the current account balance into a new
budget is still due, I'd like to, as an exception to the regular budget
approval process, ask for funds from the Berlin account (so Marcos and
José don't have to bankroll).

Costs will approximately be 1.500 € per person, given the current flight
rates and hotel estimations, so I would like, with some reserve, to ask
for 4.000 € in total.

I can take care of sending the invitation letters and booking hotels and
flights.

Florian

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: inviting Brazilian community members to Freiburg

+1 from my side, of course

Florian Effenberger wrote on 2013-08-26 17:20:
> Costs will approximately be 1.500 € per person, given the current flight
> rates and hotel estimations, so I would like, with some reserve, to ask
> for 4.000 € in total.

Olivier Hallot Olivier Hallot

Re: inviting Brazilian community members to Freiburg

de-jourdain de-jourdain

David Emmerich Jourdain
Michael Meeks-2 Michael Meeks-2

On Mon, 2013-08-26 at 17:20 +0200, Florian Effenberger wrote:
> over the past weeks, the idea has grown to invite valued Brazilian
> community members to the Freiburg Hackfest and afterwards have them
> connect with local German hackers, like Eike, Björn and others, to
> exchange thoughts and ideas and work together on some tasks.

        For a week of stay, this makes sense - particularly if Eike & Bjoern
can invest in training / working with them on some tasks :-)

        So +1,

                Michael.

italovignoli italovignoli

On 08/26/2013 05:20 PM, Florian Effenberger wrote:

> Costs will approximately be 1.500 € per person, given the current flight
> rates and hotel estimations, so I would like, with some reserve, to ask
> for 4.000 € in total.

+1

--
Italo Vignoli - [hidden email]
mob +39.348.5653829 - sip/jabber [hidden email]

Italo Vignoli
Director - The Document Foundation
Thorsten Behrens Thorsten Behrens

Florian Effenberger wrote:

> The concrete proposal is to have Marcos Souza and José Guilherme
> Vanz invited to Germany for approximately one week.
>
> The development budget that would fit does not contain enough funds
> anymore, but given factoring in the current account balance into a
> new budget is still due, I'd like to, as an exception to the regular
> budget approval process, ask for funds from the Berlin account (so
> Marcos and José don't have to bankroll).
>
> Costs will approximately be 1.500 € per person, given the current
> flight rates and hotel estimations, so I would like, with some
> reserve, to ask for 4.000 € in total.

+1

--
Thorsten Behrens, Director, Deputy Chairman of the Board
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, Germany

Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

Re: inviting Brazilian community members to Freiburg

The Board of Directors at the time of voting consists of 7 seat holders
without deputies. In order to be quorate, the vote needs to have 1/2 of
the Board of Directors members, which gives 4.

A total of 5 Board of Directors members have participated in the vote.
The vote is quorate.

A quorum could be reached with a simple majority of 3 votes.

Result of vote: 5 approvals, 0 neutral, 0 disapprovals.
Decision: The request has been accepted.

This message is to be archived by the BoD members and their deputies.

Florian