is gerrit #26348 still somewhere?

Winfried Donkers-4 Winfried Donkers-4

is gerrit #26348 still somewhere?

Hi,

I am working on tdf#124710, which means that I need to convert functions IFS and SWITCH to 'jump functions'. I tried this before, but abandoned my work, which was in gerrit #26348.

Somehow I cannot retrieve that 'commit'.

Is there any way to retrieve it (so that I can read the comments and changes), or does it really no longer exist?

Winfried

Xisco Fauli Xisco Fauli

Re: is gerrit #26348 still somewhere?

Hi Winfried,

This is the list of abandonded patch own by you -> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/q/status:abandoned+owner:%22Winfried+Donkers+%253Cwinfrieddonkers%2540libreoffice.org%253E%22

is it in there? I can't find anything looking for 'tdf#124710'

Cheers

El 26/4/19 a les 9:04, Winfried Donkers ha escrit:

Hi,

I am working on tdf#124710, which means that I need to convert functions IFS and SWITCH to 'jump functions'. I tried this before, but abandoned my work, which was in gerrit #26348.

Somehow I cannot retrieve that 'commit'.

Is there any way to retrieve it (so that I can read the comments and changes), or does it really no longer exist?

Winfried

Xisco Faulí
Libreoffice QA Team
IRC: x1sc0

Winfried Donkers-4 Winfried Donkers-4

RE: is gerrit #26348 still somewhere?

Hi Xisco,

> This is the list of abandonded patch own by you -> https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/q/status:abandoned+owner:%22Winfried+Donkers+%253Cwinfrieddonkers%2540libreoffice.org%253E%22
> is it in there? I can't find anything looking for 'tdf#124710'

No, it isn't in there. The gerrit change is from 2016 and the commit message did not have a bug report number in it, as there was no bug report at that time. I know the gerrit change number, 26348, and that one comment is dated 16 June, 2016. The link in the mail of that comment (To view, visit https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/26348) does not work for me.
Now the current code has shown some unwanted behaviour and I want to try to fix that without making the errors I made in 2016...
If the gerrit 'commit' is lost, I just have a bit more to do ;-)

Winfried

Eike Rathke-2 Eike Rathke-2

On Friday, 2019-04-26 08:02:34 +0000, Winfried Donkers wrote:

> I know the gerrit change number, 26348, and that one comment is dated 16 June, 2016. The link in the mail of that comment (To view, visit https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/26348) does not work for me.

It might be you submitted the change as draft under a different gerrit
account, drafts are not visible to other accounts unless explicitly
added as reviewers. I would had thought though that I was on reviewer Cc
and I just tried and couldn't access it either.

Maybe changes marked as abandoned get purged after a while? I don't know.

  Eike

--
GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A

Kaganski Mike Kaganski Mike

On 29.04.2019 15:04, Eike Rathke wrote:
> Maybe changes marked as abandoned get purged after a while? I don't know.

... but definitely, if a user deletes a draft patch, without publishing
it, it is deleted irreversibly (or at least irreversibly for the user).

Mike Kaganski
Christian Lohmaier-3 Christian Lohmaier-3

Re: is gerrit #26348 still somewhere?

Hi Winfried, *,

On Fri, Apr 26, 2019 at 9:04 AM Winfried Donkers
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am working on tdf#124710, which means that I need to convert functions IFS and SWITCH to 'jump functions'. I tried this before, but abandoned my work, which was in gerrit #26348.
>
> Somehow I cannot retrieve that 'commit'.
>
> Is there any way to retrieve it (so that I can read the comments and changes), or does it really no longer exist?

Not on gerrit anymore, but is available on jenkins mirror...

Attached is the change v1 - if there was a second revision, then that is lost.

ciao
Christian

gerrit_26348_1.patch (39K) Download Attachment
Winfried Donkers-4 Winfried Donkers-4

RE: is gerrit #26348 still somewhere?

Hi Christian, Mike, Eike,

(Combining mails into one reply)

> Not on gerrit anymore, but is available on jenkins mirror...
> Attached is the change v1 - if there was a second revision, then that is lost.
First of all, thank you, Christian, for retrieving the change v1. That'll help preventing making the same mistakes twice.

> ... but definitely, if a user deletes a draft patch, without publishing
> it, it is deleted irreversibly (or at least irreversibly for the user).
It must have been a draft patch, then, Mike.

> I would had thought though that I was on reviewer Cc
> and I just tried and couldn't access it either.
You were reviewer and have commented (luckily I still have those comments).

I now have the patch and also the comments that Eike made. I can get on and concentrate on taking the next hurdle(s).

Thank you all!

Winfried

ciao
Christian