keeping styles up-to-date

Mike Scott-2 Mike Scott-2

keeping styles up-to-date

Hi all; I've a bit of an issue in keeping styles consistent across
multiple documents. Maybe there's an easier way of achieving what I
need... any thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm producing music booklets for a local choir. The sources for the
material are varied: LO files for any words, plus laid-out music input
from musescore and abcm2ps (as pdf files). One song per file. LO source
is converted to pdf, and the whole lot is assembled with pdfunite into a
booklet for printing - often the exact order of pieces won't be known
until the last minute.

My problem is that although the LO files are derived from a common .ott
template file, I find that I sometimes need to alter basic formatting
after creating all the files, eg to change font face or size. At
present, I change this in the .ott file, then have to go through all the
individual documents reloading the styles from this file. It's tedious!

So, is there a way of making style information in an LO document a
/reference/ to, rather than a copy of, that in a master file?
Alternatively, is there a way from the command line of loading styles
from one file into another (I have no doubt a macro could do this; I'm
afraid I don't have the expertise to craft one though :-{ )

TIA for any advice!

--
Mike Scott (unet2 <at> [deletethis] scottsonline.org.uk)
Harlow Essex England

anne-ology anne-ology

Re: keeping styles up-to-date

       Does 'select all' then choosing the options you prefer not work?

Mike Adams Mike Adams

Re: keeping styles up-to-date

I would look to set and save all the styles you want in one document
then save that as a template.

If you import any text (Via Edit > Paste or Insert > Document) then
highlight that text and clear formatting (from the styles drop down)
before applying a style to it.