key to default formatting

bjlockie bjlockie

key to default formatting

I used to use ctl-m to clear direct formatting of a cell but this key
closes the document.
Has the key combination changed?

Version: 6.4.3.2
Build ID: 1:6.4.3-0ubuntu0.20.04.1
CPU threads: 12; OS: Linux 5.4; UI render: default; VCL: qt5;
Locale: en-CA (en_CA.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Calc: threaded

Brad Rogers Brad Rogers

Re: key to default formatting

On Fri, 22 May 2020 10:30:56 -0400
James <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello James,

>I used to use ctl-m to clear direct formatting of a cell but this key
>closes the document.
>Has the key combination changed?

<Ctrl>-M still clears direct formatting here (LO 6.4.4.1, Debian
testing).

Have you, perhaps inadvertently, assigned the same key combo to close
document?

--
 Regards  _
Words as weapons, sharper than knives

Philip Jackson-2 Philip Jackson-2

On 22/05/2020 18:08, Brad Rogers wrote:

> On Fri, 22 May 2020 10:30:56 -0400
> James <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello James,
>
>> I used to use ctl-m to clear direct formatting of a cell but this key
>> closes the document.
>> Has the key combination changed?
> <Ctrl>-M still clears direct formatting here (LO 6.4.4.1, Debian
> testing).
>
> Have you, perhaps inadvertently, assigned the same key combo to close
> document?

In any case, you can check out and modify the key assignments here :

Tools > Customise > Keyboard tab

At least this is where it is done in v 6.3.5.2  (where Ctrl M is set as clear formatting )

Philip

bjlockie bjlockie

On 2020-05-22 3:13 p.m., Philip Jackson wrote:

> On 22/05/2020 18:08, Brad Rogers wrote:
>> On Fri, 22 May 2020 10:30:56 -0400
>> James <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello James,
>>
>>> I used to use ctl-m to clear direct formatting of a cell but this key
>>> closes the document.
>>> Has the key combination changed?
>> <Ctrl>-M still clears direct formatting here (LO 6.4.4.1, Debian
>> testing).
>>
>> Have you, perhaps inadvertently, assigned the same key combo to close
>> document?
>
> In any case, you can check out and modify the key assignments here :
>
> Tools > Customise > Keyboard tab
>
> At least this is where it is done in v 6.3.5.2  (where Ctrl M is set
> as clear formatting )
>
> Philip

I have nothing set beside ctrl+M.
I set it to "Clear".
It doesn't say "Clear Formatting" and there are two entries named Clear".
I think it doesn't like my video card because the UI all seems small.