libreoffice calc can't do simply calculation

henry cui henry cui

libreoffice calc can't do simply calculation

I input simply formulation such as  "=1+2" into cell,and it only show with
"=1+2" which was not what I expected "3",
why this,anyone would like help me?

--
best,
henry cui

zed zed

Re: libreoffice calc can't do simply calculation

henry cui <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I input simply formulation such as  "=1+2" into cell,and it only show with
> "=1+2" which was not what I expected "3", why this,anyone would like help
> me?

I've just done this and it returns "3", as expected. The correct answer is
shown whether one just hits the Enter key or clicks on the green tick.

HTH

Zed

--
Zed
Diplomacy: The Vaseline of political intercourse

Andy Brown Andy Brown

On Tue Jan 18 2011 20:34:32 GMT-0800 (PST)  henry cui wrote:
> I input simply formulation such as  "=1+2" into cell,and it only show with
> "=1+2" which was not what I expected "3",
> why this,anyone would like help me?

Check Tools-> Options-> LibreOffice Calc-> View .  On the right hand
side under Display make sure the  Formulas is _not_ checked.

HTH

henry cui henry cui

Re: libreoffice calc can't do simply calculation

it's OK for me.thanks a lot:)

2011/1/19 Andy Brown <[hidden email]>

> On Tue Jan 18 2011 20:34:32 GMT-0800 (PST)  henry cui wrote:
>
>> I input simply formulation such as  "=1+2" into cell,and it only show with
>> "=1+2" which was not what I expected "3",
>> why this,anyone would like help me?
>>

> Check Tools-> Options-> LibreOffice Calc-> View .  On the right hand side
> under Display make sure the  Formulas is _not_ checked.
>
> HTH

best,
henry cui