[libreoffice-conference] LibOCon videos

Posted by Florian Effenberger Florian Effenberger

I have good news to all of you, finally - the videos from last year's
LibreOffice Conference have been cut and put online by the company in
charge of the recordings. Unfortunately, due to unforeseen technical
difficulties, it took much longer than anticipated, and in the end, they
had to hand-cut and lipsync videos and slides, which took an incredible
amount of time, explaining the huge delay.

I am currently evaluating the technical options of hosting those videos
together with their special player on our own infrastructure, and expect
to finally have the files online on our servers soon, available to the
general public. You are probably aware that all the slides have already
been available since last November or so at
http://conference.libreoffice.org/talks/

Again, sorry for this massive delay.

As to pictures, we have provided technical facilities for uploading
them, and many people made us of these. However, as sometimes it was a
weird mixture of publishable and unpublishable, public and private
pictures, and so far, no volunteer for reviewing them has shown up, they
are not online.

Hopefully the videos can compensate that a bit. ;-)

Florian

2 Comments

Eike Rathke-2 Eike Rathke-2

Re: [libreoffice-conference] LibOCon videos

Hi,

On Monday, 2013-05-13 11:59:06 +0200, Florian Effenberger wrote:

> slides have already been available since last November or so at
> http://conference.libreoffice.org/talks/

As we plan to have more conferences ;-)  I suggest a hierarchy that
includes the year, e.g. http://conference.libreoffice.org/2012/talks/

Since the http://conference.libreoffice.org/talks/ URL is now in the
wild that could be made an index page listing the available years.

  Eike

GPG key ID: 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
For key transition see http://erack.de/key-transition-2013-01-10.txt.asc
Support the FSFE, care about Free Software! https://fsfe.org/support/?erack

Eike Rathke wrote on 2013-05-16 14:42:
> As we plan to have more conferences;-)   I suggest a hierarchy that
> includes the year, e.g.http://conference.libreoffice.org/2012/talks/
>
> Since thehttp://conference.libreoffice.org/talks/  URL is now in the
> wild that could be made an index page listing the available years.

yes, I agree - that's something we need to adapt. Didn't want to fiddle
around with it before the videos are online, but otherwise, I agree. :)

Florian