[libreoffice-conference] Wanted: Contacts from national FLOSS competence centers

Posted by kelemeng kelemeng
Hi all

I'm working for the Hungarian national FLOSS competence center, under
the Hungarian Ministry of public administration. Our task is to
introduce free software into Hungarian public institutions.

Several of our colleagues will attend the LO conference, and since we
were founded just this summer, we would love to meet people working in
similar competence centers or generally with public administrations. We
are interested in talking about what and how do you do or not do. Of
course, the beer will be on us.

Regards
Gabor Kelemen

11 Comments

Stefano Paggetti Stefano Paggetti

Re: [libreoffice-conference] Wanted: Contacts from national FLOSS competence centers

Ciao Gabor,
I'm working for the Consortium for the Regional Information System of
Umbria (Italy). We started the Regional FLOSS Competence Center (
www.ccos.regione.Umbria.it) 5 years ago.
We are launchin a project dedicated to  the migration of regional and local
government bodies to LO. I will attend the conference and should be a
pleasure to share ideas and experiences.
Stay in touch and see you next week.
Stefano

p.s.: the second beer is mine!

____________________________

Stefano Paggetti

Consorzio SIR Umbria
via Settevalli, 11
06129 Perugia
tel +39 075 501 1317
fax +39 075 502 6763
mob +39 328 100 3106
[hidden email]
Il giorno 11/ott/2012 15:32, "Gabor Kelemen" <[hidden email]> ha
scritto:

> Hi all
>
> I'm working for the Hungarian national FLOSS competence center, under the
> Hungarian Ministry of public administration. Our task is to introduce free
> software into Hungarian public institutions.
>
> Several of our colleagues will attend the LO conference, and since we were
> founded just this summer, we would love to meet people working in similar
> competence centers or generally with public administrations. We are
> interested in talking about what and how do you do or not do. Of course,
> the beer will be on us.
>
> Regards
> Gabor Kelemen

Niklas Andersson Niklas Andersson

Re: [libreoffice-conference] Wanted: Contacts from national FLOSS competence centers

Anyone from Andalusia or the company Isotrol attending? I live in Málaga
and here in southern Spain they have deployed > 400 000 desktops, in both
schools and public administration. They have great knowledge in this area.

http://www.ubuntu.com/products/casestudies/Andalusia-deploys-220000-Ubuntu-desktops-in-schools-throughout-the-region

I am also interested in sharing experiences regarding best-practice or
coordinated efforts, because I represent a company that currently has 5.000
Ubuntu-clients deployed, goal is > 10K in Q1 2013 and if we are successful
we are looking at 80K in the longer term.

Compatibility (or the lack of it) with Microsoft Office (VBA Macros,
Rendering in Impress) in LibreOffice is a major headache at the moment that
we want to target.

Regards,
Niklas Andersson

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Stefano Paggetti
<[hidden email]>wrote:

> Ciao Gabor,
> I'm working for the Consortium for the Regional Information System of
> Umbria (Italy). We started the Regional FLOSS Competence Center (
> www.ccos.regione.Umbria.it) 5 years ago.
> We are launchin a project dedicated to  the migration of regional and local
> government bodies to LO. I will attend the conference and should be a
> pleasure to share ideas and experiences.
> Stay in touch and see you next week.
> Stefano
>
> p.s.: the second beer is mine!
>
> ____________________________
>
> Stefano Paggetti
>
> Consorzio SIR Umbria
> via Settevalli, 11
> 06129 Perugia
> tel +39 075 501 1317
> fax +39 075 502 6763
> mob +39 328 100 3106
> [hidden email]
> Il giorno 11/ott/2012 15:32, "Gabor Kelemen" <[hidden email]> ha
> scritto:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > I'm working for the Hungarian national FLOSS competence center, under the
> > Hungarian Ministry of public administration. Our task is to introduce
> free
> > software into Hungarian public institutions.
> >
> > Several of our colleagues will attend the LO conference, and since we
> were
> > founded just this summer, we would love to meet people working in similar
> > competence centers or generally with public administrations. We are
> > interested in talking about what and how do you do or not do. Of course,
> > the beer will be on us.
> >
> > Regards
> > Gabor Kelemen
> >
> > --
> <http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/conference/>
> > deleted

Ulrich Kitzinger Ulrich Kitzinger

Re: [libreoffice-conference] Wanted: Contacts from national FLOSS competence centers

Hello Gabor,

we are working for the City of Munich, and are migrating most of the
desktops to Linux and LibreOffice. We will attend the conference, too
and I'm sure it will be nice to meet You.

Kind regards,

Ulrich Kitzinger
IT@M - Dienstleister für Informations- und Telekommunikationstechnik
der Landeshauptstadt Müchen

Werkbereich Informations- und Telekommunikationstechnik
Geschäftsbereich Werkzeuge und Infrastruktur
Servicebereich Städtische Arbeitsplätze
Serviceteam Büroarbeitsplatz

Büro:         Sonnenstr. 25, 80331 Muenchen
Postanschrift:     Herzogspitalstr. 24, 80331 München

Telephone: +49 89 2 33 - 8 22 07
E-Mail:    [hidden email]

Diese eMail wurde von einem LiMux-Arbeitsplatz aus versandt.

Am 11.10.2012 15:32, schrieb Gabor Kelemen:

> Hi all
>
> I'm working for the Hungarian national FLOSS competence center, under
> the Hungarian Ministry of public administration. Our task is to
> introduce free software into HungariMAK_104_OOo_CS_1.0.12an public institutions.
>
> Several of our colleagues will attend the LO conference, and since we
> were founded just this summer, we would love to meet people working in
> similar competence centers or generally with public administrations. We
> are interested in talking about what and how do you do or not do. Of
> course, the beer will be on us.
>
> Regards
> Gabor Kelemen

Frank Hofmann Frank Hofmann

Re: [libreoffice-conference] Wanted: Contacts from national FLOSS competence centers

Dear Ulrich,

* Ulrich Kitzinger <[hidden email]> [121011 16:30]:

> we are working for the City of Munich, and are migrating most of the
> desktops to Linux and LibreOffice. We will attend the conference,
> too and I'm sure it will be nice to meet You.

I will give a talk about how to search in a document archive consisting
a larger number of Open/LibreOffice documents (or to be more precise,
documents following the OASIS standard). The search includes both
document metadata and content.

I wonder which retrieval solution you have in use in Munich, and if you
find the documents you are looking for.

With best regards,

Frank Hofmann
Büro 2.0 -- Berlin Open Source Office Community
http://www.buero20.org

> Am 11.10.2012 15:32, schrieb Gabor Kelemen:
> >Hi all
> >
> >I'm working for the Hungarian national FLOSS competence center, under
> >the Hungarian Ministry of public administration. Our task is to
> >introduce free software into HungariMAK_104_OOo_CS_1.0.12an public institutions.
> >
> >Several of our colleagues will attend the LO conference, and since we
> >were founded just this summer, we would love to meet people working in
> >similar competence centers or generally with public administrations. We
> >are interested in talking about what and how do you do or not do. Of
> >course, the beer will be on us.
> >
> >Regards
> >Gabor Kelemen

Dipl.-Inf. Frank Hofmann
Hofmann EDV - Linux, Layout und Satz
c/o buero 2.0
12059 Berlin - Weigandufer 45
web  http://www.efho.de
mail [hidden email]
tel  030/2000 586 80

Thierry Hoornaert Thierry Hoornaert

[libreoffice-conference] Greetings

 Dear fellow plugfesters (can I say that?),

LetterGen is a full suite of products for automating the generation of documents using XML data, advanced logic and professional layout.

It handles GUI document design (LetterSketch), interactive and batch generation (LetterGen) and bpm-based postprocessing (LetterTools). It also includes form-based input (LetterForms) and (postgeneration) manual document creation (/modification) based on predefined text blocks (LetterWriter) and handling with multilevel validation management (LetterData). Finally our LetterSigner software gives multiple ways to digitally sign PDF documents (tablets, signature pads, e-ID, tokens ...) on various hardware.

We use LibreOffice Writer now, but some of the tools are Word-based. The templates native format is ODF, but seamless conversion to DOC, DOCX, PDF (,AFP ...) is essential and is still a major problem. If not completely seamless, we also are interested in exchanging tips and tricks for best conversions (page layout (styles, sections), form elements, pictures, text boxes, charts ...).

I wonder if Aspose will be duly represented at the PlugFest. We would be glad to talk with anyone having solutions.

We also would like to bring some features and settings that are essential in multilingual and professional environments.

Met vriendelijke groeten - Bien cordialement - Best regards,

        Thierry Hoornaert
Senior Consultant

Telephone : +32 3 450 89 80
Mobile : +32 473 29 58 08
Email : [hidden email]
LetterGen
Groene Hofstraat 31, 2850 Boom, Belgium
www.lettergen.com

Ulrich Kitzinger Ulrich Kitzinger

Re: [libreoffice-conference] Wanted: Contacts from national FLOSS competence centers

Dear Frank,

afaik there is no solution for searching  a document in an archive.
I know that some departments were working on such a solution, but
unfortunately I don't the results.

Am 11.10.2012 19:36, schrieb Frank Hofmann:

> Dear Ulrich,
>
> * Ulrich Kitzinger<[hidden email]>  [121011 16:30]:
>>
>> we are working for the City of Munich, and are migrating most of the
>> desktops to Linux and LibreOffice. We will attend the conference,
>> too and I'm sure it will be nice to meet You.
>
> I will give a talk about how to search in a document archive consisting
> a larger number of Open/LibreOffice documents (or to be more precise,
> documents following the OASIS standard). The search includes both
> document metadata and content.
>
> I wonder which retrieval solution you have in use in Munich, and if you
> find the documents you are looking for.
>
> With best regards,
>
> Frank Hofmann
> Büro 2.0 -- Berlin Open Source Office Community
> http://www.buero20.org
>

>> Am 11.10.2012 15:32, schrieb Gabor Kelemen:
>>> Hi all
>>>
>>> I'm working for the Hungarian national FLOSS competence center, under
>>> the Hungarian Ministry of public administration. Our task is to
>>> introduce free software into HungariMAK_104_OOo_CS_1.0.12an public institutions.
>>>
>>> Several of our colleagues will attend the LO conference, and since we
>>> were founded just this summer, we would love to meet people working in
>>> similar competence centers or generally with public administrations. We
>>> are interested in talking about what and how do you do or not do. Of
>>> course, the beer will be on us.
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Gabor Kelemen

Markus Feilner Markus Feilner

Re: [libreoffice-conference] Wanted: Contacts from national FLOSS competence centers

Hello dear list members,

My name is Markus Feilner, I am journalist at the Linux-Magazin Germany
  and I will be attending the LOC on Thursday. I just wanted to
introduce myself and tell you that I am always happy to hear from
institutions and companies successfully using open source document
systems - be it Open or Libre Office, as well as any other Open Source
Software.

Beside my job as a journalist I am also involved in the OSBA, the lobby
group of open source companies and institutions, which will be holding a
round table about "Open source in the public sector" on Thursday from
10:00 to 13:00. I have heard from several representatives of the OSBA
that all of you are invited to contact them and talk with them about
what you are doing, where you found difficulties and where maybe you
might need help or polical support.

I have included Peter Ganten and Thomas Uhl from the OSBA board on CC:
of this mail, feel free to send them your mails and contact data, they'd
be happy to hear from you, be it experiences or wishes or simple
introductions. They are always happy to hear about institutions working
successfully with open source - worldwide.

If you should have any questions, I will try to be as helpful as I can,
too. :-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen - Best Regards,

Markus Feilner, stellvertretender Chefredakteur
(Deputy Editor-in-Chief) Linux-Magazin

--
Linux New Media, ein Geschäftsbereich der Medialinx AG
Putzbrunner Straße 71,                     81739 München, Germany

Mail: [hidden email]  -  Web: http://www.linux-magazin.de
Digitales Magazin-Abo: http://medialinx-shop.de/abd0107.html
Google+: https://plus.google.com/105201437130417639658
Xing: http://www.xing.com/profile/Markus_Feilner

Frank Hofmann Frank Hofmann

Re: [libreoffice-conference] Wanted: Contacts from national FLOSS competence centers

Dear Ulrich,

* Ulrich Kitzinger <[hidden email]> [121012 14:04]:

> afaik there is no solution for searching  a document in an archive.
> I know that some departments were working on such a solution, but
> unfortunately I don't the results.

Thanks for the information. Is there a chance that you find out which
results already exist, and the experiences the other departments made?
It would help to compare different concepts of retrieval, and maybe to
improve the solutions both of us use. For large sets of documents, being
more effective would shorten the time needed for searching.

Best regards,

Frank Hofmann

-- sent from a ThinkPad

Georg C. F. Greve Georg C. F. Greve

Re: [libreoffice-conference] Wanted: Contacts from national FLOSS competence centers

Dear Ulrich,

I've taken a personal interest in the LiMux migration for some time, and since
I no longer get my occasional updates from Oliver Altehage for all the obvious
reasons, I'd love to sit down and have a chat.

Also, I'm following the stories of more or less successful deployments in
public administrations and elsewhere for some time, so would like to chat with
anyone who has insights into where and more importantly why migrations have
succeeded or failed.

Best regards,
Georg

--
Georg C. F. Greve
Chief Executive Officer

Kolab Systems AG Wondering whether Kolab is for you?
Zürich, Switzerland Find out at http://kolabsys.com/try

e: [hidden email]
t: +41 78 904 43 33
w: http://kolabsys.com

pgp: 86574ACA Georg C. F. Greve

Dwayne Bailey Dwayne Bailey

Re: [libreoffice-conference] Wanted: Contacts from national FLOSS competence centers

Hi Gabor and others...

I can share some of our experiences in South Africa.  Although I'm no
longer directly involved in these I could introduce you to people in South
Africa who would be your contacts.

On the issue of national competency centres.  I'm interested in talking to
anyone in these situations who has to address language(s) as part of their
deployment strategies.  This is a big component of our work in South Africa
and I'd be interested in meeting with people who need to address similar
requirements for their work to see if our expertise could be of use to you.

On 11 October 2012 15:32, Gabor Kelemen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I'm working for the Hungarian national FLOSS competence center, under the
> Hungarian Ministry of public administration. Our task is to introduce free
> software into Hungarian public institutions.
>
> Several of our colleagues will attend the LO conference, and since we were
> founded just this summer, we would love to meet people working in similar
> competence centers or generally with public administrations. We are
> interested in talking about what and how do you do or not do. Of course,
> the beer will be on us.
>
> Regards
> Gabor Kelemen

Dwayne

*Translate*
+27 12 460 1095

Thierry Hoornaert Thierry Hoornaert

RE: [libreoffice-conference] Greetings

Dear all,

Please find the LetterGen presentation file.

For more information about our products:

http://www.lettergen.com <http://www.lettergen.com>

Met vriendelijke groeten - Bien cordialement - Best regards,

        Thierry Hoornaert
Senior Consultant

Telephone : +32 3 450 89 80
Mobile : +32 473 29 58 08
Email : [hidden email] <mailto:%[hidden email]>