[libreoffice-conference] confusing paper registration page

Posted by Charles-H. Schulz Charles-H. Schulz

There are a few confusing details when submitting papers to the Berlin
conference. First it should be stated that slides uploading at this
stage is NOT mandatory (it isn't, but it doesn't say so).
The "OrderinTrack" is a mystery to me, why the hell would I want to
choose an integer or a number? I suggest we get rid of that entry.

Thanks!
--
Charles-H. Schulz
Co-Founder & Director, The Document Foundation,

1 Comment

Andreas Mantke - Document Foundation Andreas Mantke - Document Foundation

Re: [libreoffice-conference] confusing paper registration page

Hi Charles, *,

Am 01.08.2012 18:04, schrieb Charles-H.Schulz:
> Hi,
>
> There are a few confusing details when submitting papers to the Berlin
> conference. First it should be stated that slides uploading at this
> stage is NOT mandatory (it isn't, but it doesn't say so).

yes, you are right. We should explain that in the short howto.

The content type for the papers is the same that we use later for the
program itself. We can copy and paste the papers into their tracks.

> The "OrderinTrack" is a mystery to me, why the hell would I want to
> choose an integer or a number? I suggest we get rid of that entry.

Hmm, this field should be only writable for reviewers. Maybe I should
add a description to the field about that.

> Thanks!

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
Andreas