libreoffice crash on windows 10 related to a lock file

xplaster xplaster

libreoffice crash on windows 10 related to a lock file

Hi, I'm on windows 10 and windows crash when I click on libreoffice files,
the crash is related to a corrupted lock file that I found in c:\..something
in user folder..\roaming\libreoffice\4 and deleted it, it worked but it
happened again with another file, is there an ultimate solution to this
bug??

manythanks, ciao, Pier

Luuk Luuk

Re: libreoffice crash on windows 10 related to a lock file

On 26-3-2021 13:56, xplaster wrote:
> Hi, I'm on windows 10 and windows crash when I click on libreoffice files,
> the crash is related to a corrupted lock file that I found in c:\..something
> in user folder..\roaming\libreoffice\4 and deleted it, it worked but it
> happened again with another file, is there an ultimate solution to this
> bug??
>
> manythanks, ciao, Pier

Which file did you delete ?

(complete name, and not '... something in user folder...' ) you can
replace 'Pier' with '<username>' ) . 😉

This link tells you what to do if you have a corrupt user-profile:

LibreOffice user profile - The Document Foundation Wiki
<https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile#Resolving_corruption>

( https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile#Resolving_corruption )

Please try to get a new user-profile, and see if you can reproduce the
problem....

> --
> Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Users-f1639498.html

Windows10 / LibreOffice  (latest?)
xplaster xplaster

Re: libreoffice crash on windows 10 related to a lock file

Hi Luuk,
>Which file did you delete ?
I deleted a file named ".Lock" or very similar in this folder:
C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\libreoffice\4

instruction you gived in:
>LibreOffice user profile - The Document Foundation Wiki
><https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/UserProfile#Resolving_corruption>
doesn't include the deletion of profile or lock file, that was useful for me
becouse the libreoffice crash produced a blue screen windows10 crash and the
consequent restart of laptop and wasn't impossible to start libreoffice in
safe mode, its very boring that for a libreoffice error windows crash.
I don't know but it seems that the profile make an autoreset becouse some
options I set before now result different as I well remember to have set
(for example the not move selection after return in calc) )Now the problem
seems soved