[libreoffice-l10n] A comment on the latest update

Valter Mura (Google Drive) Valter Mura (Google Drive)

[libreoffice-l10n] A comment on the latest update

Hi Everybody,

I only wish to express my consideration concerning the last commitment in
Pootle.

- First, we'd need some time more for translations. We finished the work but my
opinion is that the latest call for translation was too much sudden and close
to the end date.

- Second, why is the readme file merged with the other file? Is there a reason?
Shouldn't be better different files for different purposes?

Valter
Registered Linux User #466410  http://counter.li.org
Kubuntu Linux: www.kubuntu.org
OpenOffice.org: www.openoffice.org

Andras Timar Andras Timar

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] A comment on the latest update

2010.12.12. 18:36 keltezéssel, Valter Mura írta:

> Hi Everybody,
>
> I only wish to express my consideration concerning the last commitment in
> Pootle.
>
> - First, we'd need some time more for translations. We finished the work but my
> opinion is that the latest call for translation was too much sudden and close
> to the end date.
>
> - Second, why is the readme file merged with the other file? Is there a reason?
> Shouldn't be better different files for different purposes?
>
> Best regards,

Hi Valter,

RC2 was scheduled to next week, the readme issue was discovered too
late. I agree that this is unfortunate and should not repeat. Thanks for
your efforts.

New readme strings was merged into lo-build-* files, because from the
technical point of view this was the reasonable way to do it. However,
this is only temporary for LibreOffice 3.3, we'll get rid of lo-build-*
files soon.

Best regards,
Andras

In data domenica 12 dicembre 2010 18:47:12, Andras Timar ha scritto:

> > - First, we'd need some time more for translations. We finished the work
> > but my opinion is that the latest call for translation was too much
> > sudden and close to the end date.
> >
> > - Second, why is the readme file merged with the other file? Is there a
> > reason? Shouldn't be better different files for different purposes?
> >
> Hi Valter,
>
> RC2 was scheduled to next week, the readme issue was discovered too
> late. I agree that this is unfortunate and should not repeat. Thanks for
> your efforts.
>
> New readme strings was merged into lo-build-* files, because from the
> technical point of view this was the reasonable way to do it. However,
> this is only temporary for LibreOffice 3.3, we'll get rid of lo-build-*
> files soon.

Thanks Andras for the very quick response and clarification :-)

Ciao
--
Valter
Registered Linux User #466410  http://counter.li.org
Kubuntu Linux: www.kubuntu.org
OpenOffice.org: www.openoffice.org

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] A comment on the latest update

Hi,
On 12/12/2010 20:50, Valter Mura wrote:

> In data domenica 12 dicembre 2010 18:47:12, Andras Timar ha scritto:
>
>>> - First, we'd need some time more for translations. We finished the work
>>> but my opinion is that the latest call for translation was too much
>>> sudden and close to the end date.
>>>
>>> - Second, why is the readme file merged with the other file? Is there a
>>> reason? Shouldn't be better different files for different purposes?
>>>
>> Hi Valter,
>>
>> RC2 was scheduled to next week, the readme issue was discovered too
>> late. I agree that this is unfortunate and should not repeat. Thanks for
>> your efforts.
>>
>> New readme strings was merged into lo-build-* files, because from the
>> technical point of view this was the reasonable way to do it. However,
>> this is only temporary for LibreOffice 3.3, we'll get rid of lo-build-*
>> files soon.
>>

> Thanks Andras for the very quick response and clarification :-)

+1 and thanks to all for you commitment given the so short delays and
lack of real process. It's great to have you all on board :)
I hope we will soon be able to work on a complete and easy process for
every one.

Kind regards
Sophie