[libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] LibreOffice 4.0 translation has started

Andras Timar Andras Timar

[libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] LibreOffice 4.0 translation has started

Hi,

Finally Pootle finished its tremendous amount of work, and updated po
files. Site is available for translators.

We have two LibreOffice branches, and there is no automatic migration
between the two. 3.6 is the stable branch in string freeze. You can
fix translation bugs there. 4.0 is still under heavy development. I'll
update templates and update translations from templates regularly.

One important thing: po file format has changed. Please do not mix 3.6
files with 4.0 files. In 4.0 there is more information, because we
merge strings to source files directly from po files. Those extra
information used to be in en-US.sdf file. In 4.0 we skip generating
sdf files (and save build time, make tool maintenance easier etc.). I
migrated 3.6 files to the new 4.0 format for you. If you have
questions, problems, let me know.

If you had 100% in 3.6, now you have ~6000 words to deal with in help,
and 4300 in UI. UI has a new module now, librelogo, which contains
2600 words on its own. Only work on it, when you have everything else
ready. Chances are that it will not be part of LibreOffice 4.0,
although I like it very much. :) Its author soon will write some
translation instructions to this list. (Of course your translations
will be used in the standalone LibreOffice extension, if it will not
be bundled.)

Many thanks,
Andras

Sérgio Marques Sérgio Marques

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] LibreOffice 4.0 translation has started

Hello,

Sometime ago we talked about removing oracle related strings from
libreoffice files. But they are still presente. For instance:

svx/source/dialog.po

Context: docrecovery.src RID_SVXPAGE_ERR_REP_WELCOME FT_RECOV_DESCR
fixedtext.text

Will they be removed or stay as is?

Regards

2012/11/19 Andras Timar <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>
> Finally Pootle finished its tremendous amount of work, and updated po
> files. Site is available for translators.
>
> We have two LibreOffice branches, and there is no automatic migration
> between the two. 3.6 is the stable branch in string freeze. You can
> fix translation bugs there. 4.0 is still under heavy development. I'll
> update templates and update translations from templates regularly.
>
> One important thing: po file format has changed. Please do not mix 3.6
> files with 4.0 files. In 4.0 there is more information, because we
> merge strings to source files directly from po files. Those extra
> information used to be in en-US.sdf file. In 4.0 we skip generating
> sdf files (and save build time, make tool maintenance easier etc.). I
> migrated 3.6 files to the new 4.0 format for you. If you have
> questions, problems, let me know.
>
> If you had 100% in 3.6, now you have ~6000 words to deal with in help,
> and 4300 in UI. UI has a new module now, librelogo, which contains
> 2600 words on its own. Only work on it, when you have everything else
> ready. Chances are that it will not be part of LibreOffice 4.0,
> although I like it very much. :) Its author soon will write some
> translation instructions to this list. (Of course your translations
> will be used in the standalone LibreOffice extension, if it will not
> be bundled.)
>
> Many thanks,
> Andras

Sérgio Marques

Michael Bauer Michael Bauer

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] LibreOffice 4.0 translation has started

Just a clarification really - you mean what I shouldn't do is download a
3.x po file and then upload that to 4.x? I take it it's ok to download
4.x, edit that in Pootle/Virtaal etc and then upload that to 4.x?

Cheers

Michael

19/11/2012 17:59, sgrìobh Andras Timar:
> One important thing: po file format has changed. Please do not mix 3.6
> files with 4.0 files. In 4.0 there is more information, because we
> merge strings to source files directly from po files. Those extra
> information used to be in en-US.sdf file. In 4.0 we skip generating
> sdf files (and save build time, make tool maintenance easier etc.). I
> migrated 3.6 files to the new 4.0 format for you. If you have
> questions, problems, let me know.

Sérgio Marques Sérgio Marques

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] LibreOffice 4.0 translation has started

Nevermid. I was just checking fuzzy strings. This one now reports to
document foundation.

Regards

--
Sérgio Marques

Sérgio Marques Sérgio Marques

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] LibreOffice 4.0 translation has started

Waht I really like to know is if:

Compress Graphics

from:

svx/source/dialog.po and Context: compressgraphicdialog.src
RID_SVXDLG_COMPRESSGRAPHICS modaldialog.text

is related to:

Compress the graphics or Graphics compressed.

Anyone knows?

Regards

2012/11/19 Andras Timar <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>
> Finally Pootle finished its tremendous amount of work, and updated po
> files. Site is available for translators.
>
> We have two LibreOffice branches, and there is no automatic migration
> between the two. 3.6 is the stable branch in string freeze. You can
> fix translation bugs there. 4.0 is still under heavy development. I'll
> update templates and update translations from templates regularly.
>
> One important thing: po file format has changed. Please do not mix 3.6
> files with 4.0 files. In 4.0 there is more information, because we
> merge strings to source files directly from po files. Those extra
> information used to be in en-US.sdf file. In 4.0 we skip generating
> sdf files (and save build time, make tool maintenance easier etc.). I
> migrated 3.6 files to the new 4.0 format for you. If you have
> questions, problems, let me know.
>
> If you had 100% in 3.6, now you have ~6000 words to deal with in help,
> and 4300 in UI. UI has a new module now, librelogo, which contains
> 2600 words on its own. Only work on it, when you have everything else
> ready. Chances are that it will not be part of LibreOffice 4.0,
> although I like it very much. :) Its author soon will write some
> translation instructions to this list. (Of course your translations
> will be used in the standalone LibreOffice extension, if it will not
> be bundled.)
>
> Many thanks,
> Andras

Sérgio Marques

Andras Timar Andras Timar

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] LibreOffice 4.0 translation has started

Yes, you got me right.

ANdras

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM, Michael Bauer <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just a clarification really - you mean what I shouldn't do is download a 3.x
> po file and then upload that to 4.x? I take it it's ok to download 4.x, edit
> that in Pootle/Virtaal etc and then upload that to 4.x?
>
> Cheers
>
> Michael
>
> 19/11/2012 17:59, sgrìobh Andras Timar:
>
>> One important thing: po file format has changed. Please do not mix 3.6
>> files with 4.0 files. In 4.0 there is more information, because we
>> merge strings to source files directly from po files. Those extra
>> information used to be in en-US.sdf file. In 4.0 we skip generating
>> sdf files (and save build time, make tool maintenance easier etc.). I
>> migrated 3.6 files to the new 4.0 format for you. If you have
>> questions, problems, let me know.

Yury Tarasievich Yury Tarasievich

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] LibreOffice 4.0 translation has started

Will there be a pot files set for a download and
non-pootle work?

On 11/19/2012 07:59 PM, Andras Timar wrote:
> We have two LibreOffice branches, and there is no automatic migration

Andras Timar Andras Timar

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] LibreOffice 4.0 translation has started

Yes, http://dev-www.libreoffice.org/l10n/latest-pot/libreoffice-4.0-en-US-2012-11-18.pot.zip

I recommend that you download your migrated po files from Pootle.

By the way, to whom it may concern, migration from 3.6 to 4.0
translations was done basically in 2 steps.
1. with pomigrate2 tool, using your 3.6 po files and pot files
generated from master
2. renewpo tool from feature/killsdf branch, using result of step 1.

Before step 1. I did a few search and replace operations on help
translations, in order to get fewer fuzzies. For example empty <emph/>
tags were removed from help, and punctuation and spacing after
</ahelp> tags were fixed.

Best regards,
Andras

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Yury Tarasievich
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Will there be a pot files set for a download and non-pootle work?
>

> On 11/19/2012 07:59 PM, Andras Timar wrote:
>>
>> We have two LibreOffice branches, and there is no automatic migration

Joan Montané Joan Montané

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] LibreOffice 4.0 translation has started

Hi Andras (and all)

Some questions related to Catalan l10n, but may be are usefull for other
language.

We are working in local in LibO 3.6 Help, currently there are at pootle
8,299 missing strings. When we finish 3.6 help, can be reimported again to
4.0 branch?

Can we work on 4.0 UI? Are there any stable package at 4.0 UI branch?

Best regards,

Joan Montané

2012/11/19 Andras Timar <[hidden email]>

> Hi,
>
> Finally Pootle finished its tremendous amount of work, and updated po
> files. Site is available for translators.
>
> We have two LibreOffice branches, and there is no automatic migration
> between the two. 3.6 is the stable branch in string freeze. You can
> fix translation bugs there. 4.0 is still under heavy development. I'll
> update templates and update translations from templates regularly.
>
> One important thing: po file format has changed. Please do not mix 3.6
> files with 4.0 files. In 4.0 there is more information, because we
> merge strings to source files directly from po files. Those extra
> information used to be in en-US.sdf file. In 4.0 we skip generating
> sdf files (and save build time, make tool maintenance easier etc.). I
> migrated 3.6 files to the new 4.0 format for you. If you have
> questions, problems, let me know.
>
> If you had 100% in 3.6, now you have ~6000 words to deal with in help,
> and 4300 in UI. UI has a new module now, librelogo, which contains
> 2600 words on its own. Only work on it, when you have everything else
> ready. Chances are that it will not be part of LibreOffice 4.0,
> although I like it very much. :) Its author soon will write some
> translation instructions to this list. (Of course your translations
> will be used in the standalone LibreOffice extension, if it will not
> be bundled.)
>
> Many thanks,
> Andras

Yury Tarasievich Yury Tarasievich

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] LibreOffice 4.0 translation has started

Thanks. BTW and FWIW, since 2.0 times, I was
doing the migration with the pot2po.

On 11/19/2012 09:35 PM, Andras Timar wrote:
> Yes, http://dev-www.libreoffice.org/l10n/latest-pot/libreoffice-4.0-en-US-2012-11-18.pot.zip
>
> I recommend that you download your migrated po files from Pootle.

Andras Timar Andras Timar

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] LibreOffice 4.0 translation has started

Hi Joan,

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 8:44 PM, Joan Montané <[hidden email]> wrote:
> We are working in local in LibO 3.6 Help, currently there are at pootle
> 8,299 missing strings. When we finish 3.6 help, can be reimported again to
> 4.0 branch?

Yes, it can be reimported. Contact me, when you are done. But please
note that 3.6.5 and 4.0.0 will be released nearly at the same time.
Surely, user will not migrate to 4.0 immediately, but still, if I were
you, I would work on 4.0 instead and leave 3.6 alone.

> Can we work on 4.0 UI? Are there any stable package at 4.0 UI branch?

Usually beta1 contains localizations. It is due to Week 49, Dec 3 -
Dec 9, 2012. Of course you can build yourself any time, providing that
master branch is buildable.

Best regards,
Andras

Joan Montané Joan Montané

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] LibreOffice 4.0 translation has started

2012/11/19 Andras Timar <[hidden email]>

> Hi Joan,
>
> Yes, it can be reimported. Contact me, when you are done. But please
> note that 3.6.5 and 4.0.0 will be released nearly at the same time.
> Surely, user will not migrate to 4.0 immediately, but still, if I were
> you, I would work on 4.0 instead and leave 3.6 alone.

Thanks for quick reply,

Joan Montané

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] LibreOffice 4.0 translation has started

I found this string twice in the help for Danish LightProof extension,
would like to know what it means, so I can translate this into
Slovenian:
Danske sprogvaerktojer

Thanks, m.

2012/11/19 Andras Timar <[hidden email]>:

> Hi,
>
> Finally Pootle finished its tremendous amount of work, and updated po
> files. Site is available for translators.
>
> We have two LibreOffice branches, and there is no automatic migration
> between the two. 3.6 is the stable branch in string freeze. You can
> fix translation bugs there. 4.0 is still under heavy development. I'll
> update templates and update translations from templates regularly.
>
> One important thing: po file format has changed. Please do not mix 3.6
> files with 4.0 files. In 4.0 there is more information, because we
> merge strings to source files directly from po files. Those extra
> information used to be in en-US.sdf file. In 4.0 we skip generating
> sdf files (and save build time, make tool maintenance easier etc.). I
> migrated 3.6 files to the new 4.0 format for you. If you have
> questions, problems, let me know.
>
> If you had 100% in 3.6, now you have ~6000 words to deal with in help,
> and 4300 in UI. UI has a new module now, librelogo, which contains
> 2600 words on its own. Only work on it, when you have everything else
> ready. Chances are that it will not be part of LibreOffice 4.0,
> although I like it very much. :) Its author soon will write some
> translation instructions to this list. (Of course your translations
> will be used in the standalone LibreOffice extension, if it will not
> be bundled.)
>
> Many thanks,
> Andras

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [ANNOUNCE] LibreOffice 4.0 translation has started

Same goes for the Hungarian string in the Hungarian LightProof:
Magyar nyelvi eszkozok

Shouldn't these strings be English? And localized into
Danish/Hungarian in the Danish/Hungarian version?

Thanks, m.

Andras Timar Andras Timar

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 2:22 AM, Martin Srebotnjak <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Same goes for the Hungarian string in the Hungarian LightProof:
> Magyar nyelvi eszkozok
>
> Shouldn't these strings be English? And localized into
> Danish/Hungarian in the Danish/Hungarian version?

They mean Danish/Hungarian Language Tools. They were extracted by
mistake. I'll fix that. These strings will not appear anywhere else
but in Danish/Hungarian help tree when localized help packs are
installed.

Best regards,
Andras