[libreoffice-l10n] About CHI.TEST and CHI.DIST functions

Joan Montané Joan Montané

[libreoffice-l10n] About CHI.TEST and CHI.DIST functions

Hi LibreOffice L10Ners,

I'm translating LibO Help to Catalan and I found few rare strings. I think
they are errors in original English strings, but I talk here first, before
opening a bug report.

These strings, [1] [2], talk about CHI.TEST Calc function. Note the
dot/period character in the referenced function. I've found CHITEST and
CHISQ.TEST function in LibreOffice UI, but I didn't found any reference to
CHI.TEST Calc function in LibreOffice UI. So, I think it's a bug in [1]
and  [2] strings. I'm right? So, which is the proper fix for [1] and [2]
string? CHITEST or CHISQ.TEST?

Similar questions for CHI.DIST in [3] string. Note again the dot/period. I
find CHIDIST and CHISQ.DIST in LibreOffice UI, but CHI.DIST.

Finally, Is the F.INV help description [4] fine? The "left tail" part is
something strange for me and it makes F.INV definition different to other
similar functions.

Thanks in advance for your help and feedback.

Regards,
Joan Montané

[1]
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/ca/libo_help/translate/scalc/01.po#unit=79101354
[2]
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/ca/libo_help/translate/scalc/01.po#unit=79100809
[3]
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/ca/libo_help/translate/scalc/01.po#unit=79101354
[4]
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/ca/libo_help/translate/scalc/01.po#unit=79100975

Olivier Hallot-4 Olivier Hallot-4

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] About CHI.TEST and CHI.DIST functions

Hi Joan

On 18/04/2015 06:30, Joan Montané wrote:

> Hi LibreOffice L10Ners,
>
> I'm translating LibO Help to Catalan and I found few rare strings. I think
> they are errors in original English strings, but I talk here first, before
> opening a bug report.
>
> These strings, [1] [2], talk about CHI.TEST Calc function. Note the
> dot/period character in the referenced function. I've found CHITEST and
> CHISQ.TEST function in LibreOffice UI, but I didn't found any reference to
> CHI.TEST Calc function in LibreOffice UI. So, I think it's a bug in [1]
> and  [2] strings. I'm right? So, which is the proper fix for [1] and [2]
> string? CHITEST or CHISQ.TEST?

You may be hitting an already solved bug:

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=help.git;a=commitdiff;h=c8cbe130afa50dacc47c2d1d30e1774d44786a0c

> Similar questions for CHI.DIST in [3] string. Note again the dot/period. I
> find CHIDIST and CHISQ.DIST in LibreOffice UI, but CHI.DIST.
>
> Finally, Is the F.INV help description [4] fine? The "left tail" part is
> something strange for me and it makes F.INV definition different to other
> similar functions.

Indeed MS EXcel conterpart does not mention any tail. That help string
came from the UI, so... the UI & HC should be reviewed.

--
Olivier Hallot
Comunidade LibreOffice