[libreoffice-l10n] Add Language

Nukartaannguaq Lundblad Nukartaannguaq Lundblad

[libreoffice-l10n] Add Language

I would like to add language
Greenlandic "Kalaallisut" – kl
numerisk code 304

So we can start with translation

Sincerely
Nukartaannguaq Lundblad
teamlinux.gl
Michael Bauer Michael Bauer

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Add Language

Torrak! Tikilluarit LibreOffice-mi!

Michael

09/11/2011 17:40, sgrìobh Nukartaannguaq Lundblad:

--
*Akerbeltz <http://www.faclair.com/>*
Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon

*Tha Gàidhlig aig an lìon - feuch e:*
Am Faclair Beag <http://www.faclair.com/> ◦ Addtoany
<http://www.addtoany.com/buttons/> ◦ Firefox
<http://www.mozilla.com/gd/> ◦ Google
<http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=gd> ◦ Joomla!
<http://community.joomla.org/translations/joomla-16-translations.html> ◦
LibreOffice <http://gd.libreoffice.org/> ◦ Thunderbird
<http://www.mozillamessaging.com/gd/thunderbird/>
phpBB <http://www.foramnagaidhlig.net/foram/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2071> ◦
Opera 11 <http://www.opera.com/> ◦ Opera Mini
<http://www.opera.com/mobile/> ◦ Uicipeid
<http://gd.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pr%C3%AComh-Dhuilleag> ◦ MediaWiki
<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki>
*Innealan do chleachdaichean Firefox/Thunderbird/OpenOffice:*
Accentuate
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/accentuateus/> ◦ An
Dearbhair Beag (Mozilla)
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/scottish-gaelic-spell-checker/>
◦ An Dearbhair Beag (OO)
<http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/en/project/faclair-afb> ◦
Lightning <http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/lightning/> ◦ QLS
<https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/quick-locale-switcher/>
*Spòrs:
*An Crochadair
<http://www.foramnagaidhlig.net/stuth/geamannan/crochadair/> ◦ FreeCiv
<http://www.foramnagaidhlig.net/foram/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1971> ◦
LiChess <http://gd.lichess.org/> ◦ Scrabble
<http://scrabble.game-server.cc/wiki/index.php/Main_Page/gd> ◦ Tetris
<http://www.foramnagaidhlig.net/stuth/geamannan/tetris/>

Nukartaannguaq Lundblad Nukartaannguaq Lundblad

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Add Language

Qaqangu Kalaallisut ilanngunniarpa? Translation-simi..

Inussiarnersumik
Nukartaannguaq Lundblad

--
[...]

deleted

Michael Bauer Michael Bauer

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Add Language

Immannguaq kalaalisut oqaluttarpunga... *very* little, sadly not enough
to help with the actual translation task but I thought I'd at least
welcome you properly :) Other people will help you with the actual task
of giving you the necessary rights for your locale (I can't do that) but
I'll try and help if there are practical day-to-day questions I can answer.

Practically speaking, the translation is done via Pootle
(https://translations.documentfoundation.org) so you will need an
account over there as well and best sign up to the mailing list over
there (it's not high volume).

You have two choices, you can either use the online system for providing
translations or you can download the .po files and work on them in
Pootle or Virtaal (http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/virtaal/index).
I would personally recomment Virtaal because it remembers things you've
already translated and there are a lot of strings which appear again and
again and again. The advantage of working online with Pootle is that you
can select another language to be shown alongside the English, in your
case, you could show both the English and the Danish text to give you a
better idea of what's going on. Personally, I work offline on Virtaal
but have Pootle open in a different window so I can check if necessary.

Before you start, make sure that any such system has the right plural
rules for Kalaalisut although I think the pattern is the same as for
English (1 > Form 1, 2 and above > Form 2).

If you're working with a team, best make sure beforehand you're all
going to use the same technical terminoloy (it saves time later on).

Really good to see a Greenladic team join!

Michael

09/11/2011 18:05, sgrìobh Nukartaannguaq Lundblad:
> Qaqangu Kalaallisut ilanngunniarpa? Translation-simi..
>
> Inussiarnersumik
> Nukartaannguaq Lundblad

Nukartaannguaq Lundblad Nukartaannguaq Lundblad

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Add Language

Good I have send requst so they can add Kalaallisut :D

Immannguaq kalaalisut oqaluttarpunga... *very* little, sadly not enough
to help with the actual translation task but I thought I'd at least
welcome you properly :) Other people will help you with the actual task
of giving you the necessary rights for your locale (I can't do that) but
I'll try and help if there are practical day-to-day questions I can answer.

Practically speaking, the translation is done via Pootle
(https://translations.documentfoundation.org) so you will need an
account over there as well and best sign up to the mailing list over
there (it's not high volume).

You have two choices, you can either use the online system for providing
translations or you can download the .po files and work on them in
Pootle or Virtaal (http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/virtaal/index).
I would personally recomment Virtaal because it remembers things you've
already translated and there are a lot of strings which appear again and
again and again. The advantage of working online with Pootle is that you
can select another language to be shown alongside the English, in your
case, you could show both the English and the Danish text to give you a
better idea of what's going on. Personally, I work offline on Virtaal
but have Pootle open in a different window so I can check if necessary.

Before you start, make sure that any such system has the right plural
rules for Kalaalisut although I think the pattern is the same as for
English (1 > Form 1, 2 and above > Form 2).

If you're working with a team, best make sure beforehand you're all
going to use the same technical terminoloy (it saves time later on).

Really good to see a Greenladic team join!

Michael

09/11/2011 18:05, sgrìobh Nukartaannguaq Lundblad:
> Qaqangu Kalaallisut ilanngunniarpa? Translation-simi..
>
> Inussiarnersumik
> Nukartaannguaq Lundblad

deleted

Rimas Kudelis Rimas Kudelis

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Add Language

Hello Nukartaannguaq,

I've registered your language with Pootle, made you the admin for your
language and initialized the LibreOffice 3.5 UI project for you. You can
start translating.

PLEASE list your language and yourself in the tables on the wiki, here:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language_Teams
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language

Also, please confirm whether Michael was right or not about your
language only having two plural forms: x=1 and x<>1. LibreOffice does
not currently support plural forms, but it may begin supporting them at
some point, and it's better to have our infrastructure set up correctly
by then!

If you have questions, feel free to ask them on the
[hidden email] mailing list. You're also advised to
subscribe to it, because that is where the announcements about new work
to do go.

Best regards,
Rimas Kudelis.

2011.11.09 19:40, Nukartaannguaq Lundblad rašė:

> I would like to add language
> Greenlandic "Kalaallisut" – kl
> numerisk code 304
>
> So we can start with translation
>

> Sincerely
> Nukartaannguaq Lundblad
> teamlinux.gl

Leif Lodahl Leif Lodahl

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Add Language

Hi Nukartaannguaq,
Welcome on board.

If there is anything we can do to help and support you in the process we
are happy to help you.

Just a few months ago i spoke with some people from Nukissiorfiit in
Nuuk about translating LiibreOffice to Kalaallisut. We talked about
English to Greenlandish might be a bad idea and if you could do the
translation from Danish to Greenlandish it might be better. Is that
something you have been thinking about?

I think it would be possible to copy the Danish PO-files to the KL-project.

I might have other interested contacts in Greenland.

Cheers,
Leif Lodahl
The Danish Team

On 09-11-2011 18:40, Nukartaannguaq Lundblad wrote:

> I would like to add language
> Greenlandic "Kalaallisut" – kl
> numerisk code 304
>
> So we can start with translation
>

> Sincerely
> Nukartaannguaq Lundblad
> teamlinux.gl

Nukartaannguaq Lundblad Nukartaannguaq Lundblad

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Add Language

It will be nice..

with best regards
Nukartaannguaq Lundblad

If there is anything we can do to help and support you in the process we
are happy to help you.

Just a few months ago i spoke with some people from Nukissiorfiit in
Nuuk about translating LiibreOffice to Kalaallisut. We talked about
English to Greenlandish might be a bad idea and if you could do the
translation from Danish to Greenlandish it might be better. Is that
something you have been thinking about?

I think it would be possible to copy the Danish PO-files to the KL-project.

I might have other interested contacts in Greenland.

Cheers,
Leif Lodahl
The Danish Team

On 09-11-2011 18:40, Nukartaannguaq Lundblad wrote:

> I would like to add language
> Greenlandic "Kalaallisut" – kl
> numerisk code 304
>
> So we can start with translation
>

> Sincerely
> Nukartaannguaq Lundblad
> teamlinux.gl

deleted

Jānis Jānis

[libreoffice-l10n] on Virtaal

Citējot Michael Bauer <[hidden email]>
Wed, 09 Nov 2011 18:30:58 +0000:

> them in Pootle or Virtaal
> (http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/virtaal/index). I would

may I ask for some advice on reviving Virtaal on Linux-

Virtaal seems incapable to locate gtkspell libraries (it caught
enchant somehow), but without it spellckecking module does not work.

gtkspell is freshly installed.

ERROR:root:Failed to load plugin "spellchecker"
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File
"/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/virtaal/controllers/plugincontroller.py",
line 108, in enable_plugin
     self.plugins[name] = plugin_class(name, self.controller)
   File
"/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/virtaal/plugins/spellchecker.py",
line 61, in __init__
     import gtkspell
ImportError: No module named gtkspell

Janis

Michael Bauer Michael Bauer

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] on Virtaal

Ooof... pass. The quickest way to get an answer to that one is probably
to ask on the Translate Toolkit mailing list
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/translate-devel

Cheers

Michael

10/11/2011 13:41, sgrìobh Jānis:
> may I ask for some advice on reviving Virtaal on Linux-
>
> Virtaal seems incapable to locate gtkspell libraries (it caught
> enchant somehow), but without it spellckecking module does not work.
>
> gtkspell is freshly installed.

F Wolff F Wolff

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] on Virtaal

Op Do, 2011-11-10 om 15:41 +0200 skryf Jānis:

> Citējot Michael Bauer <[hidden email]>
> Wed, 09 Nov 2011 18:30:58 +0000:
>
> > them in Pootle or Virtaal
> > (http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/virtaal/index). I would
>
> may I ask for some advice on reviving Virtaal on Linux-
>
> Virtaal seems incapable to locate gtkspell libraries (it caught
> enchant somehow), but without it spellckecking module does not work.
>
> gtkspell is freshly installed.
>
> ERROR:root:Failed to load plugin "spellchecker"
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File
> "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/virtaal/controllers/plugincontroller.py",
> line 108, in enable_plugin
>      self.plugins[name] = plugin_class(name, self.controller)
>    File
> "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/virtaal/plugins/spellchecker.py",
> line 61, in __init__
>      import gtkspell
> ImportError: No module named gtkspell

Hallo Jānis

In addition to gtkspell, you also need the python bindings to gtkspell.
I think that might explain what you are seeing here.

Virtaal is packaged for several systems already. Which distribution are
you using where it isn't available? Or is the version for your system
just old?

Feel free to join the translate-devel mailing list that Michael pointed
out.

Keep well
Friedel

--
Recently on my blog:
http://translate.org.za/blogs/friedel/en/content/firefox-maybe-now-most-popular-africa

Jānis Jānis

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] on Virtaal

Citējot F Wolff <[hidden email]>
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 16:21:19 +0200:

> Virtaal is packaged for several systems already. Which distribution are
> you using where it isn't available? Or is the version for your system
> just old?

slackware64-13.37

Janis

Valter Mura (Google Drive) Valter Mura (Google Drive)

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] on Virtaal

I use OmegaT and Lokalize on Kubuntu Oneiric and everything is fine here

--
Valter
*Open Source is better!*
Il giorno 10/nov/2011 19:59, "Jānis" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:

> Citējot F Wolff <[hidden email]>
> Thu, 10 Nov 2011 16:21:19 +0200:
>
>  Virtaal is packaged for several systems already. Which distribution are
>> you using where it isn't available? Or is the version for your system
>> just old?
>>

> slackware64-13.37
>
> Janis

Jānis Jānis

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] on Virtaal

Citējot Valter Mura <[hidden email]>
Thu, 10 Nov 2011 21:19:25 +0100:

> I use OmegaT and Lokalize on Kubuntu Oneiric and everything is fine here

I noticed that unlike poedit, Virtaal is capable to get translation
from Internet's "translation memory".

I had to make such for poedit combining almost everything as .po up to
date in Latvian.

Janis

--
http://dict.dv.lv
http://tehvi.dv.lv

"Ikvienam no mums noteikti nepieciešams zināt, ka viņš nav daudz ko
vērts. Patiesībā tikai tie, kas to zina, ir kaut ko vērti."

R.Agutagava, Stāsts par to, kā nokrita galva

Sylvia Sylvia

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] on Virtaal

You have translation memory with Lokalize and Gtranslator.  You can use
this, they come with almost all Linux's distributions.

Regards
Sylvia

On Jue 10 Nov 2011 18:42:50 Jānis escribió:
> Citējot Valter Mura <[hidden email]>
>
> Thu, 10 Nov 2011 21:19:25 +0100:
> > I use OmegaT and Lokalize on Kubuntu Oneiric and everything is
fine here

> I noticed that unlike poedit, Virtaal is capable to get translation
> from Internet's "translation memory".
>
> I had to make such for poedit combining almost everything as .po up

> date in Latvian.
>
> Janis
>
> > --
> > Valter
> > *Open Source is better!*
> > KDE: www.kde.org
> > Kubuntu: www.kubuntu.org
> > LibreOffice: www.libreoffice.org
> >
> > Il giorno 10/nov/2011 19:59, "Jānis" <[hidden email]> ha scritto:
> >> Citējot F Wolff <[hidden email]>
> >>
> >> Thu, 10 Nov 2011 16:21:19 +0200:
> >>  Virtaal is packaged for several systems already. Which distribution
are

system

> >> slackware64-13.37
> >>
> >> Janis
> >>

> >> --
to-un

> >> subscribe/> Posting guidelines + more:
> >> http://wiki.**documentfoundation.org/** Netiquette
> >> <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette>
> >> List archive:
> >> http://listarchives.**libreoffice.org/global/l10n/<http://listarchives.l
> >> ibreoffice.org/global/l10n/> All messages sent to this list will be
> >> publicly archived and cannot be deleted
> >
> > --
> > All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot
> > be deleted

F Wolff F Wolff

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] on Virtaal

Op Do, 2011-11-10 om 21:58 +0200 skryf Jānis:
> Citējot F Wolff <[hidden email]>
> Thu, 10 Nov 2011 16:21:19 +0200:
>
> > Virtaal is packaged for several systems already. Which distribution are
> > you using where it isn't available? Or is the version for your system
> > just old?
>
> slackware64-13.37

Ok. Did pygtkspell solve it for you? With all the dependencies sorted
out, it should run fine. Some of the details are on this page:
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/virtaal/building

Feel free to ask on the translate-devel mailing list or #pootle on
irc.freenode.net if you have any further problems.

Keep well
Friedel

Il 10/11/2011 21:42, Jānis ha scritto:

> Citējot Valter Mura <[hidden email]>
> Thu, 10 Nov 2011 21:19:25 +0100:
>
>> I use OmegaT and Lokalize on Kubuntu Oneiric and everything is fine here
>
> I noticed that unlike poedit, Virtaal is capable to get translation from
> Internet's "translation memory".

Hi Janis,

which "Internet translation memory" do you mean?

Jānis Jānis

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] on Virtaal

Citējot Valter Mura <[hidden email]>
Fri, 11 Nov 2011 13:51:12 +0100:

> Il 10/11/2011 21:42, Jānis ha scritto:
>>
>> Citējot Valter Mura <[hidden email]>
>> Thu, 10 Nov 2011 21:19:25 +0100:
>>
>>> I use OmegaT and Lokalize on Kubuntu Oneiric and everything is fine here
>>
>> I noticed that unlike poedit, Virtaal is capable to get translation from
>> Internet's "translation memory".
>
> Hi Janis,
>
> which "Internet translation memory" do you mean?

I meant Open-Tran.eu, for example

Janis

F Wolff F Wolff

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] on Virtaal

Op Vr, 2011-11-11 om 13:51 +0100 skryf Valter Mura:

> Il 10/11/2011 21:42, Jānis ha scritto:
> >
> > Citējot Valter Mura <[hidden email]>
> > Thu, 10 Nov 2011 21:19:25 +0100:
> >
> >> I use OmegaT and Lokalize on Kubuntu Oneiric and everything is fine here
> >
> > I noticed that unlike poedit, Virtaal is capable to get translation from
> > Internet's "translation memory".
>
> Hi Janis,
>
> which "Internet translation memory" do you mean?

Virtaal is able to use suggestions from web services like Open-tran.eu
and Amagama, so that any user has access to translation memory, not just
those who have the right files and know how to configure things.

It has a similar feature for terminology, although that is only enabled
for some languages:
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/virtaal/autoterm

Here are some of the features of Virtaal:
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/virtaal/features

Keep well
Friedel