[libreoffice-l10n] AskBot for Basque is now online

Olivier Hallot-4 Olivier Hallot-4

[libreoffice-l10n] AskBot for Basque is now online

Hi!

Be the first to ask in Basque!

https://ask.libreoffice.org/eu/questions/

regards
--
Olivier Hallot
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] AskBot for Basque is now online

Hi all

Le 22 févr. 2017 7:22 PM, "Olivier Hallot" <[hidden email]>
a écrit :

Hi!

Be the first to ask in Basque!

https://ask.libreoffice.org/eu/questions/

Thanks for that. I've a request to all Ask moderators: please do moderate
your instance, I do it for all languages but it take some times for those l
don't read :-) so your help is really appreciated here!
Cheers
Sophie

Yaron Shahrabani Yaron Shahrabani

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] AskBot for Basque is now online

What?
How is that possible?
How do I make a Hebrew version of that?

Thanks!

Yaron Shahrabani

<DevOps - Hebrew translator>

On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 9:36 PM, Sophie Gautier <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi all
>

> Le 22 févr. 2017 7:22 PM, "Olivier Hallot" <[hidden email]
> >
> a écrit :
>
> Hi!
>
> Be the first to ask in Basque!
>
> https://ask.libreoffice.org/eu/questions/
>

> Thanks for that. I've a request to all Ask moderators: please do moderate
> your instance, I do it for all languages but it take some times for those l
> don't read :-) so your help is really appreciated here!
> Cheers
> Sophie

Olivier Hallot-4 Olivier Hallot-4

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] AskBot for Hebrew

Hello Yaron

I guess you want an Hebrew instance for the Hebew community. I opened a
Redmine ticket to create a Hebrew Askbot for LibreOffice.

https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/2174

Please follow the ticket resolution and add comments if necessary.

Translation of AskBot are carried by Transifex:

https://www.transifex.com/askbot/askbot/

Kind regards

Olivier

--
Olivier Hallot
LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator
Comunidade LibreOffice
http://tdf.io/joinus

Yaron Shahrabani Yaron Shahrabani

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] AskBot for Hebrew

Hi Olivier,
First of all thank you very much for your quick and productive reply :)

Second there are 2 things bothering me:
1. We may also need some help in the field of RTL mirroring of the system
otherwise it will render unusable.
2. There are many issues I've opened in Transifex due to misunderstanding
or non-i18n strings (which I can't translate because the'yll look very
awkward or unreadable in Hebrew), who's in charge? How can I make sure the
issues are getting any attention?

Kind regards,

Yaron Shahrabani

<DevOps - Hebrew translator>

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 3:08 PM, Olivier Hallot <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Yaron
>
> I guess you want an Hebrew instance for the Hebew community. I opened a
> Redmine ticket to create a Hebrew Askbot for LibreOffice.
>
> https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/2174
>
> Please follow the ticket resolution and add comments if necessary.
>
> Translation of AskBot are carried by Transifex:
>
> https://www.transifex.com/askbot/askbot/
>
> Kind regards
>
> Olivier
>

> Em 23/02/2017 05:08, Yaron Shahrabani escreveu:
> > What?
> > How is that possible?
> > How do I make a Hebrew version of that?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Yaron Shahrabani
> >
> > <DevOps - Hebrew translator>
> >

> > On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 9:36 PM, Sophie Gautier <
> [hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all
> >>

> >> Le 22 févr. 2017 7:22 PM, "Olivier Hallot" <olivier.hallot@libreoffice.
> org
> >>>
> >> a écrit :
> >>
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> Be the first to ask in Basque!
> >>
> >> https://ask.libreoffice.org/eu/questions/
> >>

> >> Thanks for that. I've a request to all Ask moderators: please do
> moderate
> >> your instance, I do it for all languages but it take some times for
> those l
> >> don't read :-) so your help is really appreciated here!
> >> Cheers
> >> Sophie
> >>
> >> --
> >> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> >> deleted
> >>

> --
> Olivier Hallot
> LibreOffice Documentation Coordinator
> Comunidade LibreOffice
> Rio de Janeiro - Brasil - Local Time: UTC-03:00
> http://tdf.io/joinus

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] AskBot for Hebrew

Hi Yaron,
Le 27/02/2017 à 18:22, Yaron Shahrabani a écrit :

> Hi Olivier,
> First of all thank you very much for your quick and productive reply :)
>
> Second there are 2 things bothering me:
> 1. We may also need some help in the field of RTL mirroring of the system
> otherwise it will render unusable.
> 2. There are many issues I've opened in Transifex due to misunderstanding
> or non-i18n strings (which I can't translate because the'yll look very
> awkward or unreadable in Hebrew), who's in charge? How can I make sure the
> issues are getting any attention?

Both of the issues you encountered are not on TDF side but on Ask
itself. So what we'd do is open a Redmine ticket and ask Evgeny who is
the Ask developer to handle that so you can have a working instance in
your language.

Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] AskBot for Hebrew

Hi Yaron,
Le 27/02/2017 à 18:22, Yaron Shahrabani a écrit :

> Hi Olivier,
> First of all thank you very much for your quick and productive reply :)
>
> Second there are 2 things bothering me:
> 1. We may also need some help in the field of RTL mirroring of the system
> otherwise it will render unusable.
> 2. There are many issues I've opened in Transifex due to misunderstanding
> or non-i18n strings (which I can't translate because the'yll look very
> awkward or unreadable in Hebrew), who's in charge? How can I make sure the
> issues are getting any attention?

So here is Evgeny's answer:
Regarding the Hebrew-related issues in Transifex: I am suggesting the
translator to keep moving on with the strings that can be translated;
the near future version will have the strings with issues fixed (I have
fixed most of them, just need to push to Transifex).

RTL - does require work in the templates and style sheets and will be
implemented.

Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi
Release coordinator
The Document Foundation

Yaron Shahrabani Yaron Shahrabani

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] AskBot for Basque is now online

Well there's a 99% Hebrew translation now, hoping to see a Hebrew version
launched soon, thank!

Yaron Shahrabani

<DevOps - Hebrew translator>