[libreoffice-l10n] Character in LibreOffce UI Master

Berend Ytsma Berend Ytsma

[libreoffice-l10n] Character in LibreOffce UI Master

Hello,

I just walking trough Master now cause 6.4 is finished for the Frisian
Language
and i see a special character which has changed.
Before there was  Help > Restart, and now  Help ▸ Restart
Is there a easy way to use " ▸" or must i copy it from the source.

Greetings and best wishes for 2020
Berend Ytsma
Frisian translator

Heiko Tietze-5 Heiko Tietze-5

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Character in LibreOffce UI Master

It was done in [1] based on the guideline [2]. With LibreOffice it would be easy to insert this character per special characters dialog, in Weblate you probably have to use the Unicode ID U+25B8. But copy/paste seems to be easier.

I wonder why this patch has made it into 6.4. Tried to cherry-pick but failed because of a merge issue (and it was a bit late too). The patch also fixes the Ctrl/Cmd and Alt/Option thing by using the variables %MOD1 and %MOD2.

[1] https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/85228
[2] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Design/Guidelines/UIWriting

--
Dr. Heiko Tietze, UX-Designer and UX-Mentor
Tel: +49 30 5557992-63 | Mail: [hidden email]

Stanislav Horáček Stanislav Horáček

Dne 28. 12. 19 v 8:10 Berend Ytsma napsal(a):
> Hello,
>
> I just walking trough Master now cause 6.4 is finished for the Frisian
> Language
> and i see a special character which has changed.
> Before there was  Help > Restart, and now  Help ▸ Restart
> Is there a easy way to use " ▸" or must i copy it from the source.

you can also add the character to the "keyboard" shown above the
translation field in Weblate. This can be done in settings > Settings
tab (the second one) > Special characters box.

Stanislav

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Character in LibreOffce UI Master

Hi *,

On Sun, Dec 29, 2019 at 10:00 PM Stanislav Horáček
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dne 28. 12. 19 v 8:10 Berend Ytsma napsal(a):
> > […]
> > Is there a easy way to use " ▸" or must i copy it from the source.
> >

> you can also add the character to the "keyboard" shown above the
> translation field in Weblate. This can be done in settings > Settings
> tab (the second one) > Special characters box.

I added it to the global list of special characters (tab, newline,
ellipsis, triangle) that are before the language-dependent ones
(typographic quotes and dash variants)
So not everyone has to add this manually…

ciao
Christian