[libreoffice-l10n] Choose <emph>Insert - Media - Image</emph>.

Jesper Hertel Jesper Hertel

[libreoffice-l10n] Choose <emph>Insert - Media - Image</emph>.

In

https://translations.documentfoundation.org/da/libo_help/translate/sdraw/guide.po#unit=79107657

there is a string

Choose <emph>Insert - Media - Image</emph>.

But in the menus in Draw, it seems to be just Insert - Image; I cannot find
"Image" in the submenu of "Media". I checked it in 4.4 beta 1.

So I guess the string should be

Choose <emph>Insert - Image</emph>.

Can a developer confirm?

Jesper

Stanislav Horáček Stanislav Horáček

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Choose <emph>Insert - Media - Image</emph>.

Hi,

> there is a string
>
> Choose <emph>Insert - Media - Image</emph>.
>
> But in the menus in Draw, it seems to be just Insert - Image; I cannot find
> "Image" in the submenu of "Media". I checked it in 4.4 beta 1.

good catch, thanks! It applies to all components, not only to Draw.
Patch submitted to Gerrit: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/13224/

I really appreciate that someone does not translate only mechanically,
but also think about and test new strings. There is plenty of outdated
(and of course missing) content in help and every report is helpful. If
you do not get feedback here, it would be worth to file a bug in
bugzilla; otherwise your report will get lost here in tons of other mails:))

Best regards,
Stanislav

Jesper Hertel Jesper Hertel

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Choose <emph>Insert - Media - Image</emph>.

>  there is a string
>>
>> Choose <emph>Insert - Media - Image</emph>.
>>
>> But in the menus in Draw, it seems to be just Insert - Image; I cannot
>> find
>> "Image" in the submenu of "Media". I checked it in 4.4 beta 1.
>>

> good catch, thanks!

You're welcome, and thanks for catching my catch!

> It applies to all components, not only to Draw.

Ah, okay!

> Patch submitted to Gerrit: https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/13224/

Super!

> I really appreciate that someone does not translate only mechanically, but
> also think about and test new strings.

I am glad you appreciate it. :-)

> There is plenty of outdated (and of course missing) content in help and
> every report is helpful. If you do not get feedback here, it would be worth
> to file a bug in bugzilla; otherwise your report will get lost here in tons
> of other mails:))

Thanks for the tip!

Is it better that I, in the future, and if I figure out how, post things
like that directly in Bugzilla and don't mention it at all here on this
list? Or could there also be some positive things about mentioning here,
for instance to make other translators become aware of this type of "bugs"?
I intend to do whatever you (or others) believe is best.

> Best regards,
> Stanislav

Best regards,
Jesper

Stanislav Horáček Stanislav Horáček

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Choose <emph>Insert - Media - Image</emph>.

>     There is plenty of outdated (and of course missing) content in help
>     and every report is helpful. If you do not get feedback here, it
>     would be worth to file a bug in bugzilla; otherwise your report will
>     get lost here in tons of other mails:))
>

> Thanks for the tip!
>
> Is it better that I, in the future, and if I figure out how, post things
> like that directly in Bugzilla and don't mention it at all here on this
> list? Or could there also be some positive things about mentioning here,
> for instance to make other translators become aware of this type of
> "bugs"? I intend to do whatever you (or others) believe is best.

I don't know opinion of the others, but I think that reporting of
translation related issues in this list is very useful - I agree that
information about them can help in translating, and also trivial bugs
are often fixed very quickly when they're reported here.

Best regards,
Stanislav