[libreoffice-l10n] Difference between voluntary and "without obligation"

vuhung vuhung

[libreoffice-l10n] Difference between voluntary and "without obligation"

Hi all,

Could anyone tell me what is the difference between voluntary and
"without obligation" in the following sentence.

Text:
You now have the opportunity to register as a %PRODUCTNAME user.
Registration is voluntary and is without obligation.\n
\n
If you register, we can inform you about new developments concerning
this product.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )

Marek Laane Marek Laane

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Difference between voluntary and "without obligation"

2011/6/9 Nguyen Vu Hung <[hidden email]>

> Hi all,
>
> Could anyone tell me what is the difference between voluntary and
> "without obligation" in the following sentence.

> Text:
> You now have the opportunity to register as a %PRODUCTNAME user.
> Registration is voluntary and is without obligation.\n
> \n
> If you register, we can inform you about new developments concerning
> this product.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Nguyen Hung Vu [aka: NVH] ( in Vietnamese: Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )
> vuhung16plus{remove}@gmail.dot.com , YIM: vuhung16 , Skype:
> vuhung16plus, twitter: vuhung, MSN: vuhung16
>
> Voluntary means you may not register if you don't want, and without
obligation means that even if you register it doesn't mean you have to do
something or that somebody is after that in position to make you to do
something.

Tam Vo Le Tam Vo Le

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Difference between voluntary and "without obligation"

 ... tự nguyện và không (cần) phải chịu trách nhiệm ...

It would flow better if we translate it to:  ... không bắt buộc và không
(cần) phải chịu trách nhiệm

Best regards

Andras Timar Andras Timar

2011.06.09. 19:19 keltezéssel, Nguyen Vu Hung írta:

> Hi all,
>
> Could anyone tell me what is the difference between voluntary and
> "without obligation" in the following sentence.

> Text:
> You now have the opportunity to register as a %PRODUCTNAME user.
> Registration is voluntary and is without obligation.\n
> \n
> If you register, we can inform you about new developments concerning
> this product.

This feature (registration) is not active in LibreOffice and will be
removed soon. So don't worry too much about it. IMHO it means: you can
register if you want (voluntary) and it will have no consequences
(without obligation).

Best regards,
Andras

Goran Rakic Goran Rakic

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Difference between voluntary and "without obligation"

У пет, 10. 06 2011. у 00:19 +0700, Nguyen Vu Hung пише:
> Hi all,
>
> Could anyone tell me what is the difference between voluntary and
> "without obligation" in the following sentence.

User does not have to register to use the software (voluntary) and if
they do register there are no any obligations (like requirement to
contribute, participate in the conversation or donate money).

Kind regards,
Goran Rakic

vuhung vuhung

On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 22:54, Goran Rakic <[hidden email]> wrote:
> У пет, 10. 06 2011. у 00:19 +0700, Nguyen Vu Hung пише:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Could anyone tell me what is the difference between voluntary and
>> "without obligation" in the following sentence.

Thanks all for the explanation.