[libreoffice-l10n] English Localisation group

marcpare4 marcpare4

[libreoffice-l10n] English Localisation group

Is there such a thing as an English localisation group? As more language
groups participate in building our software/communities/site, there may
be times when the English language groups may need to translate
documentation in its own language.

Just curious.

Marc

Stuart Swales Stuart Swales

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] English Localisation group

Hi Marc

I'm not aware of a specific group that exists to this end.

Both I and my predecessor on OOo have concentrated on getting the UI and
HC2 translated into British English for en-GB locale users and then
getting this QAed and distributed such that it is the variant naturally
picked up by those users.  I'm a bit concerned with LO that we haven't
got this sussed yet as 'English' users will typically pick up a en-US
installer and not even bother (or know) to look for a language pack.

I've not bothered with translated web pages for en-GB as the differences
I've found with OOo, say, are trivial enough to pass over.

Anyone from en-ZA wish to comment?

Cheers

Stuart

--