[libreoffice-l10n] Get Help menu in LO: add your link

Next » 12
sophi sophi

[libreoffice-l10n] Get Help menu in LO: add your link

Hi all,

Please, have a look at this ticket and add your link if needed or tell
what is the fall back if you don't have any link.
https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/1983#change-10737
Thanks a lot in advance :)
Cheers
Sophie
--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Get Help menu in LO: add your link

Hi Sophie, Olivier,

Sophie wrote on 04-11-16 10:31:

> Please, have a look at this ticket and add your link if needed or tell
> what is the fall back if you don't have any link.
> https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/1983#change-10737

Question: can the word "questions" in the url Dutch (nl)
https://ask.libreoffice.org/nl/questions/ be replaced with the Dutch
equivalent "vragen" - without too much hassle of course?

Ciao - Cor

--
Cor Nouws
- vrijwilliger http://nl.libreoffice.org

Kolbjørn Stuestøl Kolbjørn Stuestøl

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Get Help menu in LO: add your link

Den 04.11.2016 10:31, Sophie skreiv:
> Hi all,
>
> Please, have a look at this ticket and add your link if needed or tell
> what is the fall back if you don't have any link.
> https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/1983#change-10737
> Thanks a lot in advance :)
> Cheers
> Sophie
There is no Norwegian forum ( language codes nb and nn). I think most
Norwegians will prefer the English version.
Kobjørn

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Get Help menu in LO: add your link

Hi Kolbjørn,
Le 04/11/2016 à 11:10, Kolbjørn Stuestøl a écrit :

> Den 04.11.2016 10:31, Sophie skreiv:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please, have a look at this ticket and add your link if needed or tell
>> what is the fall back if you don't have any link.
>> https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/1983#change-10737
>> Thanks a lot in advance :)
>> Cheers
>> Sophie
> There is no Norwegian forum ( language codes nb and nn). I think most
> Norwegians will prefer the English version.

Added the link to the redmine ticket, thanks for your feedback.
Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi
Release coordinator
The Document Foundation

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Get Help menu in LO: add your link

Hi Cor,
Le 04/11/2016 à 10:56, Cor Nouws a écrit :

> Hi Sophie, Olivier,
>
> Sophie wrote on 04-11-16 10:31:
>
>> Please, have a look at this ticket and add your link if needed or tell
>> what is the fall back if you don't have any link.
>> https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/1983#change-10737
>
> Question: can the word "questions" in the url Dutch (nl)
> https://ask.libreoffice.org/nl/questions/ be replaced with the Dutch
> equivalent "vragen" - without too much hassle of course?

Could you ask the question to the website list, this is something for
infra, not l10n :) Thanks
Cheers
Sophie

kara kara

On 11/04/2016 12:31 PM, Sophie wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please, have a look at this ticket and add your link if needed or tell
> what is the fall back if you don't have any link.
> https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/1983#change-10737
> Thanks a lot in advance :)
> Cheers
> Sophie

There is a Turkish forum at http://forum.libreoffice.org.tr/

But there is no Turkish askbot that I am aware of. Maybe we can start a
Turkish instance of askbot?

Cheers,
Muhammet

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Get Help menu in LO: add your link

Hi Muhammet,
Le 04/11/2016 à 11:43, Muhammet Kara a écrit :

> Hi Sophie,
>
> On 11/04/2016 12:31 PM, Sophie wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please, have a look at this ticket and add your link if needed or tell
>> what is the fall back if you don't have any link.
>> https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/1983#change-10737
>> Thanks a lot in advance :)
>> Cheers
>> Sophie
>
> There is a Turkish forum at http://forum.libreoffice.org.tr/

We can add this link if you want.

> But there is no Turkish askbot that I am aware of. Maybe we can start a
> Turkish instance of askbot?

For that you need to have the resources, if you have people able to
moderate and take care of the Ask instance, no problem, otherwise,
better is to not divide your resources and stay with the forum.
So just let me know what I should do :-)

Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi
Release coordinator
The Document Foundation

Giovanni Caligaris Giovanni Caligaris

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Get Help menu in LO: add your link

Thank you sophie

-Gio

sophi sophi

Le 04/11/2016 à 11:49, Giovanni Caligaris a écrit :
> Thank you sophie
You're welcome :)
Cheers
Sophie

Modestas Rimkus Modestas Rimkus

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Get Help menu in LO: add your link

Hi all,

> Hi all,
>
> Please, have a look at this ticket and add your link if needed or tell
> what is the fall back if you don't have any link.
> https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/1983#change-10737

Afaik and based on a quick search there are no forums in Lithuanian that
could be more useful than English version of Askbot. So Lithuanians (lt)
could also use English version. Thanks!

Regards,
Modestas​

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Get Help menu in LO: add your link

Hi Modestas,
Le 04/11/2016 à 15:10, Modestas Rimkus a écrit :

> Hi all,

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Please, have a look at this ticket and add your link if needed or tell
>> what is the fall back if you don't have any link.
>> https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/1983#change-10737
>

> ​
> Afaik and based on a quick search there are no forums in Lithuanian that
> could be more useful than English version of Askbot. So Lithuanians (lt)
> could also use English version. Thanks!

Donne, thanks for your feedback!
Cheers
Sophie

Stanislav Horáček Stanislav Horáček

Dne 4.11.2016 v 10:31 Sophie napsal(a):
> Please, have a look at this ticket and add your link if needed or tell
> what is the fall back if you don't have any link.
> https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/1983#change-10737

the code for Czech should be "cs" (not "cz") and Ask for the Slovak
language ("sk") should be added.

But - I am not sure about state of my request for common Czech & Slovak
Ask LibreOffice [1] and I don't know whether it will be ready for 5.3.

Moreover, there is an issue with Askbot localization on Transifex
(described in the request mentioned above) where a significant part of
translations got lost - and it seems that no one is interested in it...

Best regards,
Stanislav

[1] https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/2074

Kolbjørn Stuestøl Kolbjørn Stuestøl

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Get Help menu in LO: add your link

Norway is a small country but we have two main languages, bokmål (nb)
and nynorsk (nn). The code (no) means Norwegian without specifying which.
As LibreOffice is translated to both of them, named (nb) and (nn), I
think it is better to use these codes instead of the (no).

Kolbjørn

Den 04.11.2016 11:31, Sophie skreiv:

> Hi Kolbjørn,
> Le 04/11/2016 à 11:10, Kolbjørn Stuestøl a écrit :
>> Den 04.11.2016 10:31, Sophie skreiv:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Please, have a look at this ticket and add your link if needed or tell
>>> what is the fall back if you don't have any link.
>>> https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/1983#change-10737
>>> Thanks a lot in advance :)
>>> Cheers
>>> Sophie
>> There is no Norwegian forum ( language codes nb and nn). I think most
>> Norwegians will prefer the English version.
> Added the link to the redmine ticket, thanks for your feedback.
> Cheers
> Sophie

Osoitz E Osoitz E

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Get Help menu in LO: add your link

Hello Sophie,

I have consulted with the members of librezale.eus (A groups of volunteers
that translate free software to Basque of which I'm a member). We don't
have a fallback forum and wouldn't want to send Basque users to another
language's support site, several people offered themselves to participate
in a Basque version of ask.libreoffice.org to answer questions and maintain
it.

What's the next step? Do I add the link https://ask.libreoffice.org/
eu/questions/ <https://ask.libreoffice.org/ar/questions/> to the bug myself?

Thank you in advance,

Osoitz

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Get Help menu in LO: add your link

Hi Osoitz,
Le 07/11/2016 à 23:06, Osoitz E a écrit :

> Hello Sophie,
>
> I have consulted with the members of librezale.eus (A groups of volunteers
> that translate free software to Basque of which I'm a member). We don't
> have a fallback forum and wouldn't want to send Basque users to another
> language's support site, several people offered themselves to participate
> in a Basque version of ask.libreoffice.org to answer questions and maintain
> it.
>
> What's the next step? Do I add the link https://ask.libreoffice.org/
> eu/questions/ <https://ask.libreoffice.org/ar/questions/> to the bug myself?

The next step is to ask for an instance on the website list. Give the
user names of the people who will moderate it and then you're done.

Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi
Release coordinator
The Document Foundation

Olivier Hallot-4 Olivier Hallot-4

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Get Help menu in LO: add your link

Hello Osoitz

Em 07/11/2016 20:06, Osoitz E escreveu:

> Hello Sophie,
>
> I have consulted with the members of librezale.eus (A groups of volunteers
> that translate free software to Basque of which I'm a member). We don't
> have a fallback forum and wouldn't want to send Basque users to another
> language's support site, several people offered themselves to participate
> in a Basque version of ask.libreoffice.org to answer questions and maintain
> it.
>
> What's the next step? Do I add the link https://ask.libreoffice.org/
> eu/questions/ <https://ask.libreoffice.org/ar/questions/> to the bug myself?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Osoitz

Do I read correctly? 'ar' stands for arabic. A typo I guess.

Besides the explanation of Sophie, basque (eus) is not yet available for
askbot. The good news is that it is fixable. Register in transifex for
askbot and be part of the askbot transation team for basque.

https://www.transifex.com/askbot/askbot/

Olivier Hallot
LIbreOffice Documentation Coordinator
Comunidade LibreOffice
http://tdf.io/joinus

kara kara

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Get Help menu in LO: add your link

Hi Olivier,

Thanks for the info. It seems that Turkish translation is not complete
either. I have requested to join the askbot translation team for
Turkish. Once I join the team, I hope to complete the translation quickly.

Cheers,
Muhammet

--
TÜBİTAK-ULAKBİM
Pardus Grubu

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Get Help menu in LO: add your link

Hi Stanislav,
Le 04/11/2016 à 22:01, Stanislav Horáček a écrit :
> Hi Sophie,
>
> Dne 4.11.2016 v 10:31 Sophie napsal(a):
>> Please, have a look at this ticket and add your link if needed or tell
>> what is the fall back if you don't have any link.
>> https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/1983#change-10737
>
> the code for Czech should be "cs" (not "cz") and Ask for the Slovak
> language ("sk") should be added.

Corrected and added the link of the Slovak instance.

> But - I am not sure about state of my request for common Czech & Slovak
> Ask LibreOffice [1] and I don't know whether it will be ready for 5.3.
>
> Moreover, there is an issue with Askbot localization on Transifex
> (described in the request mentioned above) where a significant part of
> translations got lost - and it seems that no one is interested in it...

I'll pinged Evgeny to try to get things solved. Sorry for the delay.
Cheers
Sophie

sophi sophi

Le 04/11/2016 à 22:32, Kolbjørn Stuestøl a écrit :
> Norway is a small country but we have two main languages, bokmål (nb)
> and nynorsk (nn). The code (no) means Norwegian without specifying which.
> As LibreOffice is translated to both of them, named (nb) and (nn), I
> think it is better to use these codes instead of the (no).

Thanks for the feedback, it's corrected now.
Cheers
Sophie

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Sophie wrote on 04-11-16 11:32:

>> Question: can the word "questions" in the url Dutch (nl)
>> https://ask.libreoffice.org/nl/questions/ be replaced with the Dutch
>> equivalent "vragen" - without too much hassle of course?
>
> Could you ask the question to the website list, this is something for
> infra, not l10n :) Thanks

Done:
http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/website/msg14625.html