[libreoffice-l10n] Glossary in Weblate

Stanislav Horáček Stanislav Horáček

[libreoffice-l10n] Glossary in Weblate

Hi,

is it possible to use the glossary in Weblate? I have only access to
the "Browse", "Export glossary" and "History" commands, whereas I
don't see "Add new word" and "Import Glossary" [1].
This feature was available in Pootle (the project "Terminology" was
used for that) and it helps a lot to maintain translation consistency.
It would be nice to upload the terminologies from Pootle to Weblate
automatically, but, of course it would be enough if we can do it
manually.

Thank you,
Stanislav

[1] https://docs.weblate.org/en/latest/user/translating.html#glossary

sophie sophie

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Glossary in Weblate

Hi Stanislav,
Le 07/12/2019 à 20:35, Stanislav Horáček a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to use the glossary in Weblate? I have only access to
> the "Browse", "Export glossary" and "History" commands, whereas I
> don't see "Add new word" and "Import Glossary" [1].
> This feature was available in Pootle (the project "Terminology" was
> used for that) and it helps a lot to maintain translation consistency.
> It would be nice to upload the terminologies from Pootle to Weblate
> automatically, but, of course it would be enough if we can do it
> manually.

We discussed it with Christian last week and translators will be able to
upload them. It seems a parameter was missing as I've been able to
upload FR one and I discover that Jean-Baptiste was not able to modify
or edit it.

For information, TDF has ordered new hardware to host Weblate instance.
As soon as we receive it, Guilhem will migrate actual version on it and
once done, we will upgrade to the newer version.

Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545

sophie sophie

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Glossary in Weblate

Hi Stanislas,

Le 07/12/2019 à 20:35, Stanislav Horáček a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to use the glossary in Weblate? I have only access to
> the "Browse", "Export glossary" and "History" commands, whereas I
> don't see "Add new word" and "Import Glossary" [1].
> This feature was available in Pootle (the project "Terminology" was
> used for that) and it helps a lot to maintain translation consistency.
> It would be nice to upload the terminologies from Pootle to Weblate
> automatically, but, of course it would be enough if we can do it
> manually.

This is now solved, you should be able to add your glossary to Weblate
and edit/modify it.
Cheers
Sophie

Dne 09. 12. 19 v 15:52 sophi napsal(a):

> Hi Stanislas,
>
> Le 07/12/2019 à 20:35, Stanislav Horáček a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> is it possible to use the glossary in Weblate? I have only access to
>> the "Browse", "Export glossary" and "History" commands, whereas I
>> don't see "Add new word" and "Import Glossary" [1].
>> This feature was available in Pootle (the project "Terminology" was
>> used for that) and it helps a lot to maintain translation consistency.
>> It would be nice to upload the terminologies from Pootle to Weblate
>> automatically, but, of course it would be enough if we can do it
>> manually.
>
> This is now solved, you should be able to add your glossary to Weblate
> and edit/modify it.
> Cheers
> Sophie

thanks! The glossary is really available and working.
Some of my thoughts about it:
- glossary is related to particular project, it would be good to have
one common (requested here [1]),
- match of terms is done by single words, not whole phrases in glossary
(requested here [2]),
- comments from submitted PO file are removed and not used in glossary,
even if they would be useful to describe context of different translations.

And I really appreciate the new hardware - the problems with performance
are now away!

Best regards,
Stanislav

[1] https://github.com/WeblateOrg/weblate/issues/1158
[2] https://github.com/WeblateOrg/weblate/issues/2183

sophie sophie

Le 12/12/2019 à 10:43, Stanislav Horáček a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Dne 09. 12. 19 v 15:52 sophi napsal(a):
>> Hi Stanislas,
>>
>> Le 07/12/2019 à 20:35, Stanislav Horáček a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is it possible to use the glossary in Weblate? I have only access to
>>> the "Browse", "Export glossary" and "History" commands, whereas I
>>> don't see "Add new word" and "Import Glossary" [1].
>>> This feature was available in Pootle (the project "Terminology" was
>>> used for that) and it helps a lot to maintain translation consistency.
>>> It would be nice to upload the terminologies from Pootle to Weblate
>>> automatically, but, of course it would be enough if we can do it
>>> manually.
>>
>> This is now solved, you should be able to add your glossary to Weblate
>> and edit/modify it.
>> Cheers
>> Sophie
>>

> thanks! The glossary is really available and working.
> Some of my thoughts about it:
> - glossary is related to particular project, it would be good to have
> one common (requested here [1]),

Yes, it's really needed to keep the consistency of the glossary. Also to
benefit from the new strings translated in UI to use in the help files.

> - match of terms is done by single words, not whole phrases in glossary
> (requested here [2]),
> - comments from submitted PO file are removed and not used in glossary,
> even if they would be useful to describe context of different translations.

agreed also, I'll add the request to Weblate.

> And I really appreciate the new hardware - the problems with performance
> are now away!

Thanks a lot for your feedback!
Cheers
Sophie