[libreoffice-l10n] [HEADS UP] Community forum/askbot linked to LibreOffice

Olivier Hallot-4 Olivier Hallot-4

[libreoffice-l10n] [HEADS UP] Community forum/askbot linked to LibreOffice

Hello L10n Team leaders

The next LO 5.3 release will include a new entry in the applications
help menu, "Get Help Online".

Menu *Help -> Get Help Online*

This entry aims to quick-link the software to a website with a
community-driven contents localized website , such as a forum or askbot,
to be open in the browser. The link will pass the language of your UI
(not the locale!) to the TDF infra hub.

IMPORTANT: this entry does not link to the wikihelp
(help.libreoffice.org), which is accessed by menu *Help -> LibreOffice Help*

We need you to tell us what page do you want this link to open, for your
language.

The Current available languages/website for TDF Askbot are
Arabic (4)
http://ask.libreoffice.org/ar/questions

German (642)
http://ask.libreoffice.org/de/questions

English (16,910)
http://ask.libreoffice.org/en/questions

Spanish (478)
http://ask.libreoffice.org/es/questions

Croatian (2)
http://ask.libreoffice.org/hr/questions

Italian (184)
http://ask.libreoffice.org/it/questions

Japanese (77)
http://ask.libreoffice.org/ja/questions

Korean (20)
http://ask.libreoffice.org/ko/questions

Portuguese (984)
http://ask.libreoffice.org/pt/questions

Romanian (12)
http://ask.libreoffice.org/ro/questions

Please confirm if you want us to link to the askbot in your language or
you want the link to point to another website. Beware that your choice
may not be under TDF infra management.

If you prefer not to link to a community website, please indicate what
page under TDF service you want to link. For example, a page in the
LibreOffice website, a TDF wiki page or perhaps a fall-back to the
English TDF askbot.

If you don't have an TDF-askbot instance in your language, but think
this is a good time to get one and link LO to it, please let us know.

Thank you and best regards.

--
Olivier Hallot
Comunidade LibreOffice

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [HEADS UP] Community forum/askbot linked to LibreOffice

Hello all,

Le 22/08/2016 à 17:41, Olivier Hallot a écrit :
> Hello L10n Team leaders
[...]

> If you prefer not to link to a community website, please indicate what
> page under TDF service you want to link. For example, a page in the
> LibreOffice website, a TDF wiki page or perhaps a fall-back to the
> English TDF askbot.
>
> If you don't have an TDF-askbot instance in your language, but think
> this is a good time to get one and link LO to it, please let us know.

Just a note on Askbot instance, be aware that it's a little work and you
need to have a moderator. Currently the fallback is me for all
languages, but it's not a good service to let users wait for being
moderated and get an answer. So make sure you have the resources in your
community before asking for an instance. Thanks :)
Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545

Kevin Suo Kevin Suo

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [HEADS UP] Community forum/askbot linked to LibreOffice

Please use the following link for Simplified Chinese UI. We have
      personals ready to answer questions in Chinese. thanks.

Simplified Chinese:http://www.libreofficechina.org/forum.php?from=UI

Kevin SuoOn 2016/8/22 23:41, Olivier Hallot
      wrote:
[...]

tagezi tagezi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [HEADS UP] Community forum/askbot linked to LibreOffice

Hi Olivier,

On Monday 22 August 2016 12:41:48 Olivier Hallot wrote:
> Please confirm if you want us to link to the askbot in your language or
> you want the link to point to another website. Beware that your choice
> may not be under TDF infra management.
>
> If you prefer not to link to a community website, please indicate what
> page under TDF service you want to link. For example, a page in the
> LibreOffice website, a TDF wiki page or perhaps a fall-back to the
> English TDF askbot.
Is website to be under a copyleft license (like CC-BY-SA) or other open
license or it may under a proprietary license?

Best regards,
Lera

Olivier Hallot-4 Olivier Hallot-4

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [HEADS UP] Community forum/askbot linked to LibreOffice

Hello Lera

Em 23/08/2016 09:57, Lera Goncharuk escreveu:

> Hi Olivier,
>
> On Monday 22 August 2016 12:41:48 Olivier Hallot wrote:
>> Please confirm if you want us to link to the askbot in your language or
>> you want the link to point to another website. Beware that your choice
>> may not be under TDF infra management.
>>
>> If you prefer not to link to a community website, please indicate what
>> page under TDF service you want to link. For example, a page in the
>> LibreOffice website, a TDF wiki page or perhaps a fall-back to the
>> English TDF askbot.
> Is website to be under a copyleft license (like CC-BY-SA) or other open
> license or it may under a proprietary license?
>
> Best regards,
> Lera
I'm not a lawyer.

Can you tell me what site you think to connect to LibreOffice software?
Is it a proprietary/business/corporation website?

What specific proprietary (contents) license do you have in mind?

Kind regards

--
Olivier Hallot
Comunidade LibreOffice

Rimas Kudelis Rimas Kudelis

2016-08-22 18:41, Olivier Hallot wrote:

> The next LO 5.3 release will include a new entry in the applications
> help menu, "Get Help Online".
>
> Menu *Help -> Get Help Online*
>
> This entry aims to quick-link the software to a website with a
> community-driven contents localized website , such as a forum or askbot,
> to be open in the browser. The link will pass the language of your UI
> (not the locale!) to the TDF infra hub.
>
> IMPORTANT: this entry does not link to the wikihelp
> (help.libreoffice.org), which is accessed by menu *Help -> LibreOffice Help*

may I suggest to reevaluate names of these menu entries? When put next
to each other, they seem like pretty much equivalent. I think "Support
forum" would be a more appropriate name for the first one.

Cheers,
Rimas

tagezi tagezi

On Tuesday 23 August 2016 12:24:19 Olivier Hallot wrote:
> I'm not a lawyer.
I'm too.

It is our forum of a user support http://forumooo.ru/

> What specific proprietary (contents) license do you have in mind?
The forum does not report any specific license. But for keeping of a copyright,
it need to be asked on copying and using of materials that the author posted.
As I understand, that is proprietary license.

Best regards,
Lera

Olivier Hallot-4 Olivier Hallot-4

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [HEADS UP] Community forum/askbot linked to LibreOffice

Hi Lera

Em 23/08/2016 12:52, Lera Goncharuk escreveu:
> On Tuesday 23 August 2016 12:24:19 Olivier Hallot wrote:
>> I'm not a lawyer.
> I'm too.
>
>> Can you tell me what site you think to connect to LibreOffice software?
>> Is it a proprietary/business/corporation website?
> It is our forum of a user support http://forumooo.ru/

OK. The site seems to be an open community forum.

>> What specific proprietary (contents) license do you have in mind?
> The forum does not report any specific license. But for keeping of a copyright,
> it need to be asked on copying and using of materials that the author posted.
> As I understand, that is proprietary license.

Is there a page where copyright is explicit? I am using google and I
can't find any page where copyright is mentioned.

Thanks

--
Olivier Hallot
Comunidade LibreOffice

tagezi tagezi

On Tuesday 23 August 2016 17:05:10 Olivier Hallot wrote:
> > It is our forum of a user support http://forumooo.ru/
>
> OK. The site seems to be an open community forum.
Yes.

> > The forum does not report any specific license. But for keeping of a
> > copyright,  it need to be asked on copying and using of materials that
> > the author posted. As I understand, that is proprietary license.
>
> Is there a page where copyright is explicit? I am using google and I
> can't find any page where copyright is mentioned.
No, there is no any page where copyright is mentioned.

Best regards,
Lera

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Olivier Hallot wrote on 22-08-16 17:41:

> The next LO 5.3 release will include a new entry in the applications
> help menu, "Get Help Online".
>
> Menu *Help -> Get Help Online*

Good news!

> [...]
> Please confirm if you want us to link to the askbot in your language or
> you want the link to point to another website. Beware that your choice
> may not be under TDF infra management.

Will discuss the question on the Dutch list.

> [...]
> If you don't have an TDF-askbot instance in your language, but think
> this is a good time to get one and link LO to it, please let us know.

Would be a nice opportunity indeed - see what people think.

Ciao - Cor

--
Cor Nouws
- vrijwilliger http://nl.libreoffice.org

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws

Cor Nouws wrote on 31-08-16 08:24:

> Olivier Hallot wrote on 22-08-16 17:41:
>
>> The next LO 5.3 release will include a new entry in the applications
>> help menu, "Get Help Online".
>>
>> Menu *Help -> Get Help Online*
>
> Good news!
>
>> [...]
>> Please confirm if you want us to link to the askbot in your language or
>> you want the link to point to another website. Beware that your choice
>> may not be under TDF infra management.
>
> Will discuss the question on the Dutch list.

We are working on a Dutch translation and that will be ready in time for
inclusion in the list that redirects from  *Help -> Get Help Online*.

Ciao - Cor

Valter Mura Valter Mura

Il 22/08/2016 17:41, Olivier Hallot ha scritto:

> Hello L10n Team leaders
>
> The next LO 5.3 release will include a new entry in the applications
> help menu, "Get Help Online".
>
> Menu *Help -> Get Help Online*
>
> This entry aims to quick-link the software to a website with a
> community-driven contents localized website , such as a forum or askbot,
> to be open in the browser. The link will pass the language of your UI
> (not the locale!) to the TDF infra hub.
>
> IMPORTANT: this entry does not link to the wikihelp
> (help.libreoffice.org), which is accessed by menu *Help -> LibreOffice Help*
>
> We need you to tell us what page do you want this link to open, for your
> language.
>
> The Current available languages/website for TDF Askbot are

> Italian (184)
> http://ask.libreoffice.org/it/questions

Hi Olivier,

for Italian users, leave the above mentioned link, thank you.

> Please confirm if you want us to link to the askbot in your language or
> you want the link to point to another website. Beware that your choice
> may not be under TDF infra management.
>
> If you prefer not to link to a community website, please indicate what
> page under TDF service you want to link. For example, a page in the
> LibreOffice website, a TDF wiki page or perhaps a fall-back to the
> English TDF askbot.
>
> If you don't have an TDF-askbot instance in your language, but think
> this is a good time to get one and link LO to it, please let us know.
>
> Thank you and best regards.

Ciao
--
Valter
Open Source is better!

Zeki Bildirici-2 Zeki Bildirici-2

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [HEADS UP] Community forum/askbot linked to LibreOffice

> Hello L10n Team leaders
Hi,
> The next LO 5.3 release will include a new entry in the applications
> help menu, "Get Help Online".
>
> Menu *Help -> Get Help Online*
>
> This entry aims to quick-link the software to a website with a
> community-driven contents localized website , such as a forum or askbot,
> to be open in the browser. The link will pass the language of your UI
> (not the locale!) to the TDF infra hub.

> Please confirm if you want us to link to the askbot in your language or
> you want the link to point to another website. Beware that your choice
> may not be under TDF infra management.

For Turkish, please add

http://forum.libreoffice.org.tr/

Best regards,
Zeki

அருண் குமார் (Arun Kumar) அருண் குமார் (Arun Kumar)

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [HEADS UP] Community forum/askbot linked to LibreOffice

Hi,

> Hello L10n Team leaders
> Hi,
> > The next LO 5.3 release will include a new entry in the applications
> > help menu, "Get Help Online".
> >
> > Menu *Help -> Get Help Online*
> >
> > This entry aims to quick-link the software to a website with a
> > community-driven contents localized website , such as a forum or askbot,
> > to be open in the browser. The link will pass the language of your UI
> > (not the locale!) to the TDF infra hub.
>
> > Please confirm if you want us to link to the askbot in your language or
> > you want the link to point to another website. Beware that your choice
> > may not be under TDF infra management.
>
> For Turkish, please add
>
> http://forum.libreoffice.org.tr/

For Tamil, Please add

http://ta.libreoffice.org/

Thanks & Regards
Arun

ஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃ
அன்புடன்
அருண்
நுட்பம் நம்மொழியில் தழைக்கச் செய்வோம்
http://thangamaniarun.wordpress.com
ஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃஃ

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [HEADS UP] Community forum/askbot linked to LibreOffice

Hi all,
Le 20/11/2016 à 15:29, அருண் குமார் (Arun Kumar) a écrit :

> Hi,
>

>> Hello L10n Team leaders
>> Hi,
>>> The next LO 5.3 release will include a new entry in the applications
>>> help menu, "Get Help Online".
>>>
>>> Menu *Help -> Get Help Online*
>>>
>>> This entry aims to quick-link the software to a website with a
>>> community-driven contents localized website , such as a forum or askbot,
>>> to be open in the browser. The link will pass the language of your UI
>>> (not the locale!) to the TDF infra hub.
>>
>>> Please confirm if you want us to link to the askbot in your language or
>>> you want the link to point to another website. Beware that your choice
>>> may not be under TDF infra management.
>>
>> For Turkish, please add
>>
>> http://forum.libreoffice.org.tr/
>>

> For Tamil, Please add
>
> http://ta.libreoffice.org/

Thanks, links have been added to the ticket:
https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/1983#change-10737

Cheers
Sophie

--
Sophie Gautier [hidden email]
GSM: +33683901545
IRC: sophi
Release coordinator
The Document Foundation

klaus-jürgen weghorn ol klaus-jürgen weghorn ol

[libreoffice-l10n] [HEADS UP] Community forum/askbot linked to LibreOffice - DE

Hi Olivier,

> Hello L10n Team leaders
> The next LO 5.3 release will include a new entry in the applications
> help menu, "Get Help Online".
>
> Menu *Help -> Get Help Online*
>
> This entry aims to quick-link the software to a website with a
> community-driven contents localized website , such as a forum or askbot,
> to be open in the browser. The link will pass the language of your UI
> (not the locale!) to the TDF infra hub.
> Please confirm if you want us to link to the askbot in your language or
> you want the link to point to another website. Beware that your choice
> may not be under TDF infra management.

The German community decided to link at:

http://de.openoffice.info

--
Grüße
k-j