[libreoffice-l10n] Help file discussion

sophi sophi

[libreoffice-l10n] Help file discussion

Hi all,

I've put some reflexions on how to handle the help files taking into
account each team needs on the discussion page opened by Kendy yesterday
[1].

The proposal I made is to handle the en_US file on the wiki to let the
documentation team take care of it and remove the hurdle of editing help
files to developers.

We should have a simple, light version accessible via Pootle for
localization to be distributed with or along the product, what is
currently called HC2.
A more documented part available to the localization team via Pootle but
optional because not part of the product, the wikihelp.

I don't know currently how to handle the two different parts on the
wiki, I don't know if it's technically feasible, but I think it's very
important to consider it.

Please add your input/reflexion on the wiki page or in this thread. The
follow up/reply will be done on the documentation list and will be
summarized in the wiki, but please take care to keep Kendy in the loop.
Thanks in advance :)

Kind regards
Sophie

[1]http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Talk:Development/Wikihelp