[libreoffice-l10n] How to compile language pack only with files from pootle?

jihui.choi jihui.choi

[libreoffice-l10n] How to compile language pack only with files from pootle?

Hi.

I'm compiling libreoffice 6 on ubuntu for checking my new (korean)
translation.
However, it takes forever--it's running for 6 hours so far.

Q1. Is there a way to compile a language pack only?
I use ubuntu 16.04, x64

Q2. How to compile language pack with files from pootle, not from gerrit?
while compiling, the script downloaded translation source from gerrit.
But I want to use my newest translation which is on pootle.
I guess I might have to change Makefile, but I'm not sure where and how.
probably somewhere around 240th line, 'get-submodules:'
Should I just comment the line 'cd $(SRCDIR) && ./g -f clone' and copy my
po files into the directory before starting to compile?
It could work but I think it will make another problem since that part is
not only about translation, but also other submodules.

I hope someone has the answers to these.
thanks all.

Jihui Choi

Kiyotaka Nishibori Kiyotaka Nishibori

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] How to compile language pack only with files from pootle?

Hi.
I'm a Japanese translation volunteer, remember that I'm not a
programmer, not a engineer.

If you have built LibreOffice from the source and your purpose is
checking your translation, I can show you my way:
 1. Download .po files which you want check from Pootle.
 2. remove comments from the .po files.
 3. copy the .po files to proper place, the places under
"tanslation/source/ko/**".
 4. If names of the .po files are not "messages.po", do 'make
build-l10n-only'.
 5. If a name of the .po files is "messages.po", do "msgfmt -o
instdir/program/resource/ko/LC_MESSAGES/MOFILE DIR/messages.po". The
relations of DIRs and MOFILEs are as follows:
    accessibility/messages.po: acc.mo
    avmedia/messages.po: avmedia.mo
    basctl/messages.po: basctl.mo
    chart2/messages.po: chart.mo
    connectivity/messages.po: cnr.mo
    cui/messages.po: cui.mo
    dbaccess/messages.po: dba.mo
    desktop/messages.po: dkt.mo
    editeng/messages.po: editeng.mo
    filter/messages.po: flt.mo
    formula/messages.po: for.mo
    fpicker/messages.po: fps.mo
    forms/messages.po: frm.mo
    framework/messages.po: fwk.mo
    extensions/messages.po: pcr.mo
    reportdesign/messages.po: rpt.mo
    basic/messages.po: sb.mo
    sc/messages.po: sc.mo
    scaddins/messages.po: sca.mo
    sccomp/messages.po: scc.mo
    sd/messages.po: sd.mo
    sfx2/messages.po: sfx.mo
    starmath/messages.po: sm.mo
    svl/messages.po: svl.mo
    svtools/messages.po: svt.mo
    svx/messages.po: svx.mo
    sw/messages.po: sw.mo
    uui/messages.po: uui.mo
    vcl/messages.po: vcl.mo
    wizards/messages.po: wiz.mo
    writerperfect/messages.po: wpt.mo
    xmlsecurity/messages.po: xsc.mo

If you would like to build LibreOffice-master and check the
translation, you may need "make translations" and  to merge .po file
with the .pot files.

Kiyotaka Nishibori

> Hi.
>
> I'm compiling libreoffice 6 on ubuntu for checking my new (korean)
> translation.
> However, it takes forever--it's running for 6 hours so far.
>
> Q1. Is there a way to compile a language pack only?
> I use ubuntu 16.04, x64
>
> Q2. How to compile language pack with files from pootle, not from
> gerrit?
> while compiling, the script downloaded translation source from gerrit.
> But I want to use my newest translation which is on pootle.
> I guess I might have to change Makefile, but I'm not sure where and
> how.
> probably somewhere around 240th line, 'get-submodules:'
> Should I just comment the line 'cd $(SRCDIR) && ./g -f clone' and
> copy my
> po files into the directory before starting to compile?
> It could work but I think it will make another problem since that
> part is
> not only about translation, but also other submodules.
>
> I hope someone has the answers to these.
> thanks all.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jihui Choi

> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot
> be deleted

jihui.choi jihui.choi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] How to compile language pack only with files from pootle?

Hi, Kiyotaka Nishibori

I followed your instructions.
It works well. Now I can check my translations in few mins.

Thank you very much.

FYI, my process was

*1. Download Libreoffice source*
$ git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core libreoffice
$ cd libreoffice

*2. Build libreoffice with languagepack option*
$ ./autogen.sh --with-lang="ko"
$ make
$ sudo make install (I'm not sure whether this is needed, or not)

*3. Download po files from Pootle and extract to relevant directories.*
$ cp -R ko/libo_ui/* libreoffice/translations/source/ko/

*4. Build l10n only*
$ make build-l10n-only

*5. Convert po files to mo using msgfmt*
msgfmt translations/source/ko/accessibility/messages.po -o
./instdir/program/resource/ko/LC_MESSAGES/acc.mo
.. so on

*6. Install again*
$ sudo make install

Jihui Choi

Krunose Krunose

On 16.03.2018 09:07, Jihui Choi wrote:

> Hi, Kiyotaka Nishibori
>
> I followed your instructions.
> It works well. Now I can check my translations in few mins.
>
> Thank you very much.
>

> FYI, my process was
>
> *1. Download Libreoffice source*
> $ git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core libreoffice
> $ cd libreoffice
>
> *2. Build libreoffice with languagepack option*
> $ ./autogen.sh --with-lang="ko"
> $ make
> $ sudo make install (I'm not sure whether this is needed, or not)
>
> *3. Download po files from Pootle and extract to relevant directories.*
> $ cp -R ko/libo_ui/* libreoffice/translations/source/ko/
>
> *4. Build l10n only*
> $ make build-l10n-only
>
> *5. Convert po files to mo using msgfmt*
> msgfmt translations/source/ko/accessibility/messages.po -o
> ./instdir/program/resource/ko/LC_MESSAGES/acc.mo
> .. so on
>
> *6. Install again*
> $ sudo make install

Think that shouldn't that be added to

     https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnLinux

as massages here are not so googlable as wiki pages.

Kruno

Krunose Krunose

On 20.03.2018 07:54, Krunose wrote:

> On 16.03.2018 09:07, Jihui Choi wrote:
>> Hi, Kiyotaka Nishibori
>>
>> I followed your instructions.
>> It works well. Now I can check my translations in few mins.
>>
>> Thank you very much.
>>

>> FYI, my process was
>>
>> *1. Download Libreoffice source*
>> $ git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core libreoffice
>> $ cd libreoffice
>>
>> *2. Build libreoffice with languagepack option*
>> $ ./autogen.sh --with-lang="ko"
>> $ make
>> $ sudo make install (I'm not sure whether this is needed, or not)
>>
>> *3. Download po files from Pootle and extract to relevant directories.*
>> $ cp -R ko/libo_ui/* libreoffice/translations/source/ko/
>>
>> *4. Build l10n only*
>> $ make build-l10n-only
>>
>> *5. Convert po files to mo using msgfmt*
>> msgfmt translations/source/ko/accessibility/messages.po -o
>> ./instdir/program/resource/ko/LC_MESSAGES/acc.mo
>> .. so on
>>
>> *6. Install again*
>> $ sudo make install
>

> Think that shouldn't that be added to

Wanted to say 'Shouldn't that be added to [...]'

Kruno

Krunose Krunose

On 20.03.2018 10:24, Heiko Tietze wrote:

> On 20.03.2018 07:56, Krunose wrote:

>>> Think that shouldn't that be added to
>>>
>> Wanted to say 'Shouldn't that be added to [...]'
> You are welcome to edit the page. :-)

Will do later today.

Kruno

jihui.choi jihui.choi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] How to compile language pack only with files from pootle?

Hi, Kruno.

Please add this as well.

For local Help pack,

in step 2,
$ ./autogen.sh --with-help --with-lang="ko"

in step 3,
(for Help)
$ \cp -fR ko/libo_help/*
libreoffice/translations/source/ko/helpcontent2/source/text/
$ \mv
libreoffice/translations/source/ko/helpcontent2/source/text/auxiliary.po
libreoffice/translations/source/ko/helpcontent2/source/

Thanks.

Jihui Choi

Krunose Krunose

On 21.03.2018 17:21, Jihui Choi wrote:

> Hi, Kruno.
>
> Please add this as well.
>
> For local Help pack,
>
> in step 2,
> $ ./autogen.sh --with-help --with-lang="ko"
>
> in step 3,
> (for Help)
> $ \cp -fR ko/libo_help/*
> libreoffice/translations/source/ko/helpcontent2/source/text/
> $ \mv
> libreoffice/translations/source/ko/helpcontent2/source/text/auxiliary.po
> libreoffice/translations/source/ko/helpcontent2/source/
>
> Thanks.

Hi,

I finally added everything to

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnLinux#Building_translated_user_interface_with_.po_files_from_Pootle

could Kiyotaka and you check everything. I'll edit if needed.

Thanks,
Kruno

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] How to compile language pack only with files from pootle?

Hi,

is there a way to use the already built version (like a master daily build)
and just build the lang-pack without the need of pulling and building the
whole package?

Also, the instructions are not clear about messages.po file names. Current
po file have some name messages.po and others not (like the files in the
dictionaries folder or the officecfg folder). So are you referring to
pre-6.0 po files (no renaming needed, use step 4) and post-5.4 po-files
(use step 5)?

Also, could you publish a rename/move script for all ui and help po files
of the current 6.0 and master tree?

Thanks, m.

Krunose Krunose

On 22.03.2018 09:44, Martin Srebotnjak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to use the already built version (like a master daily build)
> and just build the lang-pack without the need of pulling and building the
> whole package?

What do you mean by whole package? I don't think language pack is
available in master for all languages. Just a handful of them, so
pulling from Pootle is necessary.

> Also, the instructions are not clear about messages.po file names. Current
> po file have some name messages.po and others not (like the files in the
> dictionaries folder or the officecfg folder). So are you referring to
> pre-6.0 po files (no renaming needed, use step 4) and post-5.4 po-files
> (use step 5)?

Wrong person to ask. Instructions are not mine. I commented that this
could be valuable information so I was asked to put it in Wiki pages. I
did just that. Know it's bit unclear and that's why I asked on this list
so instructions can be proofread.

Thank you for that as I still didn't complete this successfully.

> Also, could you publish a rename/move script for all ui and help po files
> of the current 6.0 and master tree?

I can do that, but firstly we need to figure out the renaming part.

Sorry for not being able to solve this in first go.

Kruno

> Thanks, m.

>> On 21.03.2018 17:21, Jihui Choi wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, Kruno.
>>>
>>> Please add this as well.
>>>
>>> For local Help pack,
>>>
>>> in step 2,
>>> $ ./autogen.sh --with-help --with-lang="ko"
>>>
>>> in step 3,
>>> (for Help)
>>> $ \cp -fR ko/libo_help/* libreoffice/translations/sourc
>>> e/ko/helpcontent2/source/text/
>>> $ \mv libreoffice/translations/source/ko/helpcontent2/source/text/auxiliary.po
>>> libreoffice/translations/source/ko/helpcontent2/source/
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I finally added everything to
>>
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnLinux#Building_
>> translated_user_interface_with_.po_files_from_Pootle
>>
>> could Kiyotaka and you check everything. I'll edit if needed.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Kruno
>>

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Jihui Choi
>>>
>>> On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 6:37 PM, Krunose <[hidden email] <mailto:
>>> [hidden email]>> wrote:
>>>

>>>      On 20.03.2018 10:24, Heiko Tietze wrote:
>>>
>>>          On 20.03.2018 07:56, Krunose wrote:
>>>
>>>              On 20.03.2018 07:54, Krunose wrote:
>>>
>>>                  On 16.03.2018 09:07, Jihui Choi wrote:
>>>
>>>                      Hi, Kiyotaka Nishibori
>>>
>>>                      I followed your instructions.
>>>                      It works well. Now I can check my translations in
>>>                      few mins.

>>>                  Think that shouldn't that be added to
>>>
>>>              Wanted to say 'Shouldn't that be added to [...]'
>>>
>>>          You are welcome to edit the page. :-)
>>>

>>>      Will do later today.
>>>
>>>      Kruno
>>>

>>>      --     To unsubscribe e-mail to: [hidden email]
>>> ffice.org
>>>      <mailto:l10n%[hidden email]>
>>>      Problems?
>>> subscribe/
>>>      <https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-u
>>> nsubscribe/>
>>>      Posting guidelines + more:
>>>      https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
>>>      <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette>
>>>      <https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/>
>>>      All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and
>>>      cannot be deleted

>> deleted

jihui.choi jihui.choi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] How to compile language pack only with files from pootle?

Hi Martin.

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 5:44 PM, Martin Srebotnjak <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Also, the instructions are not clear about messages.po file names. Current
> po file have some name messages.po and others not (like the files in the
> dictionaries folder or the officecfg folder). So are you referring to
> pre-6.0 po files (no renaming needed, use step 4) and post-5.4 po-files
> (use step 5)?

on Pootle
1) some files has the names as messages.po
2) some others has different names.

It has to be treated differently.(I don't know why though)
So..

step 3 is for 1) case
step 5 is for 2) case

I'm not an expert but it works for me(thanks to Kiyotaka). Good luck.

Jihui Choi

Krunose Krunose

On 23.03.2018 17:22, Jihui Choi wrote:

> Hi Martin.
>
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 5:44 PM, Martin Srebotnjak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Also, the instructions are not clear about messages.po file names. Current
>> po file have some name messages.po and others not (like the files in the
>> dictionaries folder or the officecfg folder). So are you referring to
>> pre-6.0 po files (no renaming needed, use step 4) and post-5.4 po-files
>> (use step 5)?
> on Pootle
> 1) some files has the names as messages.po
> 2) some others has different names.
>
> It has to be treated differently.(I don't know why though)
> So..
>
> step 3 is for 1) case
> step 5 is for 2) case
>
> I'm not an expert but it works for me(thanks to Kiyotaka). Good luck.

That means that when I extract .po files to 'translations' folder in
source tree, I need to check if .po files in individual directory is
named 'messages.po' or differently.

If name is 'messages.po' then command

     msgfmt -o instdir/program/resource/<langCode>/LC_MESSAGES/<mofile>
<dir>/messages.po

needs to be run in that particular directory on right side of the table
in Wiki page by replacing '<mofile>' in command with information from
left side of the table on Wiki page?

After dealing with renaming, command

     make build-l10n-only

needs to be run?

If I'm right, then all what's needed is to switch places of fourth and
fifth step (and simplify instructions).

Can you, please, confirm this?

Thanks,

Kruno

> Regards,
> Jihui Choi
>
> On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 5:44 PM, Martin Srebotnjak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there a way to use the already built version (like a master daily build)
>> and just build the lang-pack without the need of pulling and building the
>> whole package?
>>
>> Also, the instructions are not clear about messages.po file names. Current
>> po file have some name messages.po and others not (like the files in the
>> dictionaries folder or the officecfg folder). So are you referring to
>> pre-6.0 po files (no renaming needed, use step 4) and post-5.4 po-files
>> (use step 5)?
>>
>> Also, could you publish a rename/move script for all ui and help po files
>> of the current 6.0 and master tree?
>>
>> Thanks, m.

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I finally added everything to
>>>
>>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnLinux#Building_
>>> translated_user_interface_with_.po_files_from_Pootle
>>>
>>> could Kiyotaka and you check everything. I'll edit if needed.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Kruno

>>> --
>>> deleted

jihui.choi jihui.choi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] How to compile language pack only with files from pootle?

To Krunose

> That means that when I extract .po files to 'translations' folder in source
> tree, I need to check if .po files in individual directory is named
> 'messages.po' or differently.
>
> If name is 'messages.po' then command
>
>     msgfmt -o instdir/program/resource/<langCode>/LC_MESSAGES/<mofile>
> <dir>/messages.po
>
> needs to be run in that particular directory on right side of the table in
> Wiki page by replacing '<mofile>' in command with information from left side
> of the table on Wiki page?

Basically "Yes", but you don't have to check every directories nor po files
because step 3, 5 will do it for you. Of course you have to make a
script for step 5 though.

> After dealing with renaming, command
>
>     make build-l10n-only
>
> needs to be run?

Yes. step 4 makes some mo files from po files on step 3, which is not
named as messages.po.
But it doesn't care about messages.po files. So we need step 5.

> If I'm right, then all what's needed is to switch places of fourth and fifth
> step (and simplify instructions).

I'm not sure about this. The original instruction came from Kiyotaka.
However I guess you're right. It could be switched.
For me, current instructions is good. Because step 3, 4 are dealing
with not 'messages.po' files
and step 5 is about 'messages.po' files.

And you need to add step 6 from my instruction at the end of section on wiki.
"sudo make install"

Those instructions(both of Kiyotaka's and mine) are about building
libreoffice from the source.
I tried just copying .mo files to already installed Libreoffice via
apt, but it didn't work.

Here is my post about this.
http://libreoffice.tistory.com/entry/%EB%A6%AC%EB%B8%8C%EB%A0%88%EC%98%A4%ED%94%BC%EC%8A%A4-%EB%8F%84%EC%9B%80%EB%A7%90-%ED%8C%A8%ED%82%A4%EC%A7%80-%EB%B9%8C%EB%93%9C%ED%95%98%EA%B8%B0-%EC%9A%B0%EB%B6%84%ED%88%AC-1604

Jihui Choi

Krunose Krunose

On 23.03.2018 23:27, Jihui Choi wrote:

> To Krunose
>
>> That means that when I extract .po files to 'translations' folder in source
>> tree, I need to check if .po files in individual directory is named
>> 'messages.po' or differently.
>>
>> If name is 'messages.po' then command
>>
>>      msgfmt -o instdir/program/resource/<langCode>/LC_MESSAGES/<mofile>
>> <dir>/messages.po
>>
>> needs to be run in that particular directory on right side of the table in
>> Wiki page by replacing '<mofile>' in command with information from left side
>> of the table on Wiki page?
>>
> Basically "Yes", but you don't have to check every directories nor po files
> because step 3, 5 will do it for you. Of course you have to make a
> script for step 5 though.
>
>> After dealing with renaming, command
>>
>>      make build-l10n-only
>>
>> needs to be run?
>>
> Yes. step 4 makes some mo files from po files on step 3, which is not
> named as messages.po.
> But it doesn't care about messages.po files. So we need step 5.
>
>> If I'm right, then all what's needed is to switch places of fourth and fifth
>> step (and simplify instructions).
>>
> I'm not sure about this. The original instruction came from Kiyotaka.
> However I guess you're right. It could be switched.
> For me, current instructions is good. Because step 3, 4 are dealing
> with not 'messages.po' files
> and step 5 is about 'messages.po' files.
>

> And you need to add step 6 from my instruction at the end of section on wiki.
> "sudo make install"
>
> Those instructions(both of Kiyotaka's and mine) are about building
> libreoffice from the source.
> I tried just copying .mo files to already installed Libreoffice via
> apt, but it didn't work.
>
> Here is my post about this.
> http://libreoffice.tistory.com/entry/%EB%A6%AC%EB%B8%8C%EB%A0%88%EC%98%A4%ED%94%BC%EC%8A%A4-%EB%8F%84%EC%9B%80%EB%A7%90-%ED%8C%A8%ED%82%A4%EC%A7%80-%EB%B9%8C%EB%93%9C%ED%95%98%EA%B8%B0-%EC%9A%B0%EB%B6%84%ED%88%AC-1604

Thanks, I'll update later today.

Seams that problem is not with instructions as with lack of our
understanding of the process and directory structure. I'll test and
update instructions.

Thanks,

Kruno

Krunose Krunose

On 24.03.2018 07:03, Krunose wrote:

> On 23.03.2018 23:27, Jihui Choi wrote:
>> To Krunose
>>
>>> That means that when I extract .po files to 'translations' folder in
>>> source
>>> tree, I need to check if .po files in individual directory is named
>>> 'messages.po' or differently.
>>>
>>> If name is 'messages.po' then command
>>>
>>>      msgfmt -o instdir/program/resource/<langCode>/LC_MESSAGES/<mofile>
>>> <dir>/messages.po
>>>
>>> needs to be run in that particular directory on right side of the
>>> table in
>>> Wiki page by replacing '<mofile>' in command with information from
>>> left side
>>> of the table on Wiki page?
>>>
>> Basically "Yes", but you don't have to check every directories nor po
>> files
>> because step 3, 5 will do it for you. Of course you have to make a
>> script for step 5 though.
>>
>>> After dealing with renaming, command
>>>
>>>      make build-l10n-only
>>>
>>> needs to be run?
>>>
>> Yes. step 4 makes some mo files from po files on step 3, which is not
>> named as messages.po.
>> But it doesn't care about messages.po files. So we need step 5.
>>
>>> If I'm right, then all what's needed is to switch places of fourth
>>> and fifth
>>> step (and simplify instructions).
>>>
>> I'm not sure about this. The original instruction came from Kiyotaka.
>> However I guess you're right. It could be switched.
>> For me, current instructions is good. Because step 3, 4 are dealing
>> with not 'messages.po' files
>> and step 5 is about 'messages.po' files.
>>

>> And you need to add step 6 from my instruction at the end of section
>> on wiki.
>> "sudo make install"
>>
>> Those instructions(both of Kiyotaka's and mine) are about building
>> libreoffice from the source.
>> I tried just copying .mo files to already installed Libreoffice via
>> apt, but it didn't work.
>>
>> Here is my post about this.
>> http://libreoffice.tistory.com/entry/%EB%A6%AC%EB%B8%8C%EB%A0%88%EC%98%A4%ED%94%BC%EC%8A%A4-%EB%8F%84%EC%9B%80%EB%A7%90-%ED%8C%A8%ED%82%A4%EC%A7%80-%EB%B9%8C%EB%93%9C%ED%95%98%EA%B8%B0-%EC%9A%B0%EB%B6%84%ED%88%AC-1604
>>

> Thanks, I'll update later today.
>
> Seams that problem is not with instructions as with lack of our
> understanding of the process and directory structure. I'll test and
> update instructions.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kruno

Hi,

I've done my best

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnLinux#Building_translated_user_interface_with_.po_files_from_Pootle

hope at least somebody will find this helpful.

Kruno

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Jihui Choi

>>> That means that when I extract .po files to 'translations' folder in
>>> source
>>> tree, I need to check if .po files in individual directory is named
>>> 'messages.po' or differently.
>>>
>>> If name is 'messages.po' then command
>>>
>>>      msgfmt -o instdir/program/resource/<langCode>/LC_MESSAGES/<mofile>
>>> <dir>/messages.po
>>>
>>> needs to be run in that particular directory on right side of the
>>> table in
>>> Wiki page by replacing '<mofile>' in command with information from
>>> left side
>>> of the table on Wiki page?
>>>
>>> After dealing with renaming, command
>>>
>>>      make build-l10n-only
>>>
>>> needs to be run?
>>>
>>> If I'm right, then all what's needed is to switch places of fourth
>>> and fifth
>>> step (and simplify instructions).
>>>
>>> Can you, please, confirm this?
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Kruno

>>> --
>>> deleted

Kiyotaka Nishibori Kiyotaka Nishibori

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] How to compile language pack only with files from pootle?

Hi,
I'm sorry I'm late.

I found some new facts about "make build-l10n-only":
 1. The command generates a .mo file in workdir/MoTarget if it does not
exist here or is older than .po file for the .mo file. The .mo file
name is "<DOMAIND><LANG>.mo". <DOMAIN> means final .mo name like 'sc',
'dkt' and so on; for exsample, if <DOMAIN> is 'sc' and <LANG> is 'ja',
"make build-l10n-only" generates 'scja.mo' in the directory.

 2. Timestamp of a <DOMAIN><LANG>.mo is when the .mo file is generated.

 3. THe command copies a workdir/MoTarget/<DOMAIN><LANG>.mo as
instdir/program/resource/<LANG>/LC_MESSAGES/<DOMAIN>.mo if the
<DOMAIN>.mo does not exist or is older than the <DOMAIN><LANG>.mo.

These things mean that if we remove .mo files from workdir/MoTarget
before running "make build-l10n-only", we can get updated .mo file by
the command. Could you please reproduce it?

Ofcourse, direct generation of .mo files to instdir/... is also
available.

Kiyotaka

P.S. to Kruno
Thank you for your writeing the article in wiki and I'm sorry, we may
need to rewrite it.

2018 3月 25日 (日), 4:48 午前 に Krunose <[hidden email]>
が書いたメッセージ:

Krunose Krunose

On 25.03.2018 15:19, Kiyotaka Nishibori wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm sorry I'm late.
>
> I found some new facts about "make build-l10n-only":
> 1. The command generates a .mo file in workdir/MoTarget if it does not
> exist here or is older than .po file for the .mo file. The .mo file
> name is "<DOMAIND><LANG>.mo". <DOMAIN> means final .mo name like 'sc',
> 'dkt' and so on; for exsample, if <DOMAIN> is 'sc' and <LANG> is 'ja',
> "make build-l10n-only" generates 'scja.mo' in the directory.
>
> 2. Timestamp of a <DOMAIN><LANG>.mo is when the .mo file is generated.
>
> 3. THe command copies a workdir/MoTarget/<DOMAIN><LANG>.mo as
> instdir/program/resource/<LANG>/LC_MESSAGES/<DOMAIN>.mo if the
> <DOMAIN>.mo does not exist or is older than the <DOMAIN><LANG>.mo.
>
> These things mean that if we remove .mo files from workdir/MoTarget
> before running "make build-l10n-only", we can get updated .mo file by
> the command. Could you please reproduce it?
>
> Ofcourse, direct generation of .mo files to instdir/... is also
> available.
> --
> Regards,
>
> Kiyotaka

Uh... I don't mind rewriting but I'm not sure where to add this
information. Would you mind edit article at

     https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnLinux

and send the new version directly to me and all update it.

I would do it myself gladly, but I still need to ask you if I got
everything right so I think it would be easier if you edit what's necessary.

Could you do that, please?

Kruno

> P.S. to Kruno
> Thank you for your writeing the article in wiki and I'm sorry, we may
> need to rewrite it.
>
> 2018 3月 25日 (日), 4:48 午前 に Krunose <[hidden email]>
> が書いたメッセージ:

>>> Thanks, I'll update later today.
>>>
>>> Seams that problem is not with instructions as with lack of our
>>> understanding of the process and directory structure. I'll test and
>>> update instructions.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Kruno
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I've done my best
>>
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnLinux#Building_translated_user_interface_with_.po_files_from_Pootle
>>

>> hope at least somebody will find this helpful.
>>
>> Kruno

>> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot
>> be deleted

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] How to compile language pack only with files from pootle?

Sorry, everyone,

I am very confused. I looked into macOS lang-pack and saw what this
required mo building and renaming process produces.

Can someone explain where some existing po files finish after this process
(I am listing them below) - because they contain like 7000 UI strings that
- where do they end up? They do not seem to be contained in the lang-pack
in the mo form (or are they joined with some other po files  in the process
and then converted to mo files - which would require some file merging
before mo transformation).

I am especially worried about the
/officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI.po file.

Thanks, m.

****

/connectivity/registry/ado/org/openoffice/Office/DataAccess.po

/connectivity/registry/calc/org/openoffice/Office/DataAccess.po

/connectivity/registry/dbase/org/openoffice/Office/DataAccess.po

/connectivity/registry/evoab2/org/openoffice/Office/DataAccess.po

/connectivity/registry/firebird/org/openoffice/Office/DataAccess.po

/connectivity/registry/flat/org/openoffice/Office/DataAccess.po

/connectivity/registry/hsqldb/org/openoffice/Office/DataAccess.po

/connectivity/registry/jdbc/org/openoffice/Office/DataAccess.po

/connectivity/registry/macab/org/openoffice/Office/DataAccess.po

/connectivity/registry/mork/org/openoffice/Office/DataAccess.po

/connectivity/registry/mysql/org/openoffice/Office/DataAccess.po

/connectivity/registry/odbc/org/openoffice/Office/DataAccess.po

/connectivity/registry/postgresql/org/openoffice/Office/DataAccess.po

/connectivity/registry/writer/org/openoffice/Office/DataAccess.po

/extensions/source/update/check/org/openoffice/Office.po

/extras/source/autocorr/emoji.po

/extras/source/gallery/share.po

/officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/UI.po

/officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office.po

/officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice.po

/readlicense_oo/docs.po

/scp2/source/activex.po

/scp2/source/base.po

/scp2/source/calc.po