[libreoffice-l10n] I wish to translate Libre Office

Bhanu Gupta Bhanu Gupta

[libreoffice-l10n] I wish to translate Libre Office

Hi
I have registered at the translation server and also signed up for the
mailing list. I was told to ask the Hindi Project leader to give me
permission to start translation.
In this page https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language you have Kinshuk
Sunil, kinshuksunil at gmail dot com as Hindi project leader.
I tried to contact, but got no reply. Can somebody help me further so that
I can start helping translate  Libre Office  to Hindi language?
Any help will be appreciated
Regards.

Rajesh Ranjan-2 Rajesh Ranjan-2

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] I wish to translate Libre Office

> On Saturday, April 5, 2014 8:13 PM, Bhanu Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > Hi
> I have registered at the translation server and also signed up for the
> mailing list. I was told to ask the Hindi Project leader to give me
> permission to start translation.
> In this page https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language you have Kinshuk
> Sunil, kinshuksunil at gmail dot com as Hindi project leader.
> I tried to contact, but got no reply. Can somebody help me further so that
> I can start helping translate  Libre Office  to Hindi language?
> Any help will be appreciated
> Regards.

Thanks Bhanu for your interest.

Its great that you want to work for Hindi translation of Libreoffice.

It would be  great if you please let me know a bit more about you...like what you currently do, do you have any previous experience etc... this will help me.

------------------------
Regards,
Rajesh Ranjan
twitter: @kajha
facebook: rajeshkajha
www.rajeshranjan.in

elcico2001 एल्चिको elcico2001 एल्चिको

Il 05/04/2014 16:42, Bhanu Gupta ha scritto:

> Hi
> I have registered at the translation server and also signed up for the
> mailing list. I was told to ask the Hindi Project leader to give me
> permission to start translation.
> In this page https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language you have Kinshuk
> Sunil, kinshuksunil at gmail dot com as Hindi project leader.
> I tried to contact, but got no reply. Can somebody help me further so that
> I can start helping translate  Libre Office  to Hindi language?
> Any help will be appreciated
> Regards.

Hello,
If you want you can start translating the wiki; just create your own
account and  start translating, also if you can't get in touch with the
project leader, if he doesn't reply your mail.
Namastè
Luca :)

--
cico
----

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] I wish to translate Libre Office

Hi Bhanu, *,

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Bhanu Gupta <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have registered at the translation server and also signed up for the
> mailing list. I was told to ask the Hindi Project leader to give me
> permission to start translation.
> In this page https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language you have Kinshuk
> Sunil, kinshuksunil at gmail dot com as Hindi project leader.
> I tried to contact, but got no reply.

As they didn't reply here either, I granted you the privileges for
hindi project (would have been easier if you specified the username
you did chooose :-))

ciao
Christian

Rajesh Ranjan-2 Rajesh Ranjan-2

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] I wish to translate Libre Office

I did replied on 6th April...Surprising to see the mail like this.

fwding the same.

------------------------
Regards,
Rajesh Ranjan

twitter: @kajha
facebook: rajeshkajha
www.rajeshranjan.in

> On Sunday, April 6, 2014 8:05 AM, Rajesh Ranjan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >

>>  On Saturday, April 5, 2014 8:13 PM, Bhanu Gupta
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>  > Hi
>>  I have registered at the translation server and also signed up for the
>>  mailing list. I was told to ask the Hindi Project leader to give me
>>  permission to start translation.
>>  In this page https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language you have Kinshuk
>>  Sunil, kinshuksunil at gmail dot com as Hindi project leader.
>>  I tried to contact, but got no reply. Can somebody help me further so that
>>  I can start helping translate  Libre Office  to Hindi language?
>>  Any help will be appreciated
>>  Regards.
>>

> Thanks Bhanu for your interest.
>
> Its great that you want to work for Hindi translation of Libreoffice.
>
> It would be  great if you please let me know a bit more about you...like what
> you currently do, do you have any previous experience etc... this will help me.
>

> ------------------------
> Regards,
> Rajesh Ranjan
> twitter: @kajha
> facebook: rajeshkajha
> www.rajeshranjan.in
>

>>  --
>>  All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] I wish to translate Libre Office

Hi Rajesh, *,

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 8:16 AM, Rajesh Ranjan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Monday, April 28, 2014 5:49 AM, Christian Lohmaier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> As they didn't reply here either, I granted you the privileges for
>> hindi project (would have been easier if you specified the username
>> you did chooose :-))
>
> I replied : http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/msg07615.html

Oh, that's trange - I don't have it in my inbox (and don't find it in
spam either). Sorry then.

> And Bhanu sent me an off-list reply.

Wonder what the outcome was, as apparently you (and nobody else) did
grant permissions...

ciao
Christian

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Rajesh Ranjan <[hidden email]> wrote:

>>Wonder what the outcome was, as apparently you (and nobody else) did
>>grant permissions...
>
> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/hi/libo_ui/readlicense_oo/docs.po
>
> Before I give right, I would like to ask Bhanu just submit translation of ^^ file via pootle as suggestion there.

But even adding suggestions requires permissions.
(so changed permissions to allow suggestions, but not direct change)

> Bhanu: Please follow terminology from here:
>
> http://fuelproject.org/terminology

There is a fuelproject po file in hi's terminology project in pootle
already, so there's no need to visit that sight, pootle should offer
the terminology suggestinos right in the webfrontend.

Not sure how up-to-date it is though - filename is "fuel-hi.po", while
fuelproject's downloads (
http://svn.fedorahosted.org/svn/fuel/language/hi/terminology/ ) are
split in desktop web and mobile... and for hi only fuel-desktop-hi.po
is available.

> I will review the same and after I will give access.

See above. Making suggestions already requires access rights.

> Christian : do you know what Bhanu wrote to me...

No, obviously not, that's why I asked for the outcome.

ciao
Christian

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] I wish to translate Libre Office

Hi *,

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Rajesh Ranjan <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On Monday, April 28, 2014 11:44 PM, Christian Lohmaier <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Rajesh Ranjan <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>>
>> But even adding suggestions requires permissions.
>> (so changed permissions to allow suggestions, but not direct change)
>
> ah sorry...Bhanu please give me the user id. Actually I coordinate Mozilla translation also and there suggestion can be made by any user, so...:-(

Sorry for all the confusion. With my comment above I meant that I
already did assign the suggest-permissions (his nick is toxifier)

ciao
Christian