[libreoffice-l10n] Keyboard shortcut for Find & Replace dialog

Andras Timar Andras Timar

[libreoffice-l10n] Keyboard shortcut for Find & Replace dialog

Hi,

Currently the keyboard shortcut for Find & Replace dialog is Ctrl+Alt+F.
In Hungarian keyboard layout Ctrl+Alt=AltGr and AltGr+F=[. So Find &
Replace dialog cannot be invoked from the keyboard. Please let me know,
if you experince similar problem in your language, I would like to fix it.

Thanks,
Andras

Rimas Kudelis Rimas Kudelis

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Keyboard shortcut for Find & Replace dialog

Hi,

2011.09.12 15:27, Andras Timar rašė:
> Currently the keyboard shortcut for Find & Replace dialog is Ctrl+Alt+F.

Is it a new addition? In LibO 3.3.3 on Debian it's simply Ctrl+F

> In Hungarian keyboard layout Ctrl+Alt=AltGr and AltGr+F=[. So Find &
> Replace dialog cannot be invoked from the keyboard. Please let me
> know, if you experince similar problem in your language, I would like
> to fix it.

I don't experience this problem, but it's still a problem. Ctrl+Alt+foo
should simply *not* be used as keyboard shortcuts in Windows
applications (or cross-platform applications working on Windows). This
should be avoided whenever possible. [1]

I just checked AbiWord and MS Word, and they both use Ctrl+H for Find &
Replace. If Find function has been decoupled from Find & Replace, then I
believe the latter should use Ctrl+H.

Rimas

[1] http://blogs.msdn.com/b/oldnewthing/archive/2004/03/29/101121.aspx

Korrawit Pruegsanusak Korrawit Pruegsanusak

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Keyboard shortcut for Find & Replace dialog

Hello Rimas, Andras, *

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 23:01, Rimas Kudelis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is it a new addition? In LibO 3.3.3 on Debian it's simply Ctrl+F

Yes ;) If we Ctrl+F in 3.4, we get the find toolbar instead. See
http://www.libreoffice.org/download/3-4-new-features-and-fixes/ under
Core Changes/GUI

Best Regards,
--
Korrawit Pruegsanusak

Clio-2 Clio-2

12.09.2011 12:01, Rimas Kudelis пишет:
> Hi,
>
> 2011.09.12 15:27, Andras Timar rašė:
>> Currently the keyboard shortcut for Find&  Replace dialog is Ctrl+Alt+F.
> Is it a new addition? In LibO 3.3.3 on Debian it's simply Ctrl+F

In LibO 3.3 Ctrl+Alt+F places the cursor in the find bar.

Andras Timar Andras Timar

2011.09.12. 18:01 keltezéssel, Rimas Kudelis írta:

> I just checked AbiWord and MS Word, and they both use Ctrl+H for Find&
> Replace. If Find function has been decoupled from Find&  Replace, then I
> believe the latter should use Ctrl+H.

I think that, too. Ctrl+H is taken in German localization, so please, if
anybody has German MS Word, tell me what the shortcut for Find &
Replace is.

Thanks,
Andras

xslidian xslidian

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 12:25 AM, Andras Timar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 2011.09.12. 18:01 keltezéssel, Rimas Kudelis írta:
>>
>> I just checked AbiWord and MS Word, and they both use Ctrl+H for Find&
>> Replace. If Find function has been decoupled from Find&  Replace, then I
>> believe the latter should use Ctrl+H.
>
> I think that, too. Ctrl+H is taken in German localization, so please, if
> anybody has German MS Word, tell me what the shortcut for Find & Replace is.

S-Chinese MS Word is also using Ctrl+H, just like in its English UI.
It's used in MS Notepad, MS WordPad etc too.
If this shortcut isn't taken by other functions, I hope it be used.

Best wishes,
Dean (@xslidian)

Andras Timar Andras Timar

2011.09.12. 18:25 keltezéssel, Andras Timar írta:

> 2011.09.12. 18:01 keltezéssel, Rimas Kudelis írta:
>>
>> I just checked AbiWord and MS Word, and they both use Ctrl+H for Find&
>> Replace. If Find function has been decoupled from Find& Replace, then I
>> believe the latter should use Ctrl+H.
>
> I think that, too. Ctrl+H is taken in German localization, so please, if
> anybody has German MS Word, tell me what the shortcut for Find & Replace
> is.

OK, I learned that in German MS Word the shortcut for Replace is also
Ctrl+H. So the question is, whether to use Ctrl+H globally in
LibreOffice for invoking Find & Replace dialog. Currently Ctrl+H is
unused in all languages but German, where it invokes the
.uno:SuperScript command. See
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Accelerators.xcu#638
Other languages use Ctrl+Shift+P for .uno:SuperScript. Is it OK to
change the behaviour of Ctrl+H in German LibreOffice?

Thanks,
Andras

André Schnabel André Schnabel

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Keyboard shortcut for Find & Replace dialog

Hi Andras, *

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 21:57:33 +0200
> Von: Andras Timar <[hidden email]>
> An: [hidden email]
> CC: Andre Schnabel <[hidden email]>
> Betreff: Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Keyboard shortcut for Find & Replace dialog

> 2011.09.12. 18:25 keltezéssel, Andras Timar írta:
> > 2011.09.12. 18:01 keltezéssel, Rimas Kudelis írta:
> >>
> >> I just checked AbiWord and MS Word, and they both use Ctrl+H for Find&
> >> Replace. If Find function has been decoupled from Find& Replace, then I
> >> believe the latter should use Ctrl+H.
> >
> > I think that, too. Ctrl+H is taken in German localization, so please, if
> > anybody has German MS Word, tell me what the shortcut for Find & Replace
> > is.
> >

> OK, I learned that in German MS Word the shortcut for Replace is also
> Ctrl+H. So the question is, whether to use Ctrl+H globally in
> LibreOffice for invoking Find & Replace dialog. Currently Ctrl+H is
> unused in all languages but German, where it invokes the
> .uno:SuperScript command. See
> http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office/Accelerators.xcu#638
> Other languages use Ctrl+Shift+P for .uno:SuperScript. Is it OK to
> change the behaviour of Ctrl+H in German LibreOffice?

Ctrl+H is one of my "dislike" favorites - but as it is consistent with
other applications, I would agree.

Ctrl+Shift+P is as well not my preferred solution (there is no P at all
in "Hochgestellt") but the shortcut is rarely used - so ok to me.

Maybe some other people from the German team likes to comment.

regards,

André

Andras Timar Andras Timar

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Keyboard shortcut for Find & Replace dialog

Hi Andre,*

2011/9/13 Andre Schnabel <[hidden email]>:

>> Other languages use Ctrl+Shift+P for .uno:SuperScript. Is it OK to
>> change the behaviour of Ctrl+H in German LibreOffice?
>

> Ctrl+H is one of my "dislike" favorites - but as it is consistent with
> other applications, I would agree.
>
> Ctrl+Shift+P is as well not my preferred solution (there is no P at all
> in "Hochgestellt") but the shortcut is rarely used - so ok to me.
>
> Maybe some other people from the German team likes to comment.

OK, please keep me on CC.

Thanks,
Andras