[libreoffice-l10n] Latvian dic's

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Jānis Jānis
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[libreoffice-l10n] Latvian dic's

Hi!

some time ago Latvian language spellchecker package was added to  
development tree with intent (?) to make it's way into Windows  
installation package. I got 3.4.4 and it isn't there.

Can we expect it to be included in 3.5?

Janis


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Lior Kaplan Lior Kaplan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Latvian dic's

Good Morning,

First, yes it's in the dictionaries source code tree at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/dictionaries/tree/dictionaries/lv_LV

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be part of the language pack in 3.5.

Andras, can we push it to 3.4.5 as well (I'm not sure where in the git is
should be done)?

Kaplan

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Jānis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> some time ago Latvian language spellchecker package was added to
> development tree with intent (?) to make it's way into Windows installation
> package. I got 3.4.4 and it isn't there.
>
> Can we expect it to be included in 3.5?
>
> Janis
>
>
> --
> Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email].**org<l10n%[hidden email]>
> Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/**get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-**
> unsubscribe/<http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/>
> Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.**documentfoundation.org/**
> Netiquette <http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette>
> List archive: http://listarchives.**libreoffice.org/global/l10n/<http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/>
> All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted
>

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Habets, WGR (Ruud) Habets, WGR (Ruud)
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: [libreoffice-l10n] Latvian dic's

Hi,

I would like to start a dictionary on my home town's dialect: Kerkraads (http://nl.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Kerkraads).

What would be the right way to deal with this.

Ruud Habets





Ruud Habets BICT |
Hogeschool Zuyd Heerlen | Nieuw Eyckholt 300 | Postbus 550 - 6400 AN Heerlen
Mail: [hidden email]  | Site:  www.hszuyd.nl
Front Office ICTOS | Applicatiebeheerder | Kamer D0.108 | Telefoon: +31-45-4006037
O&O Media | Functioneel Beheerder BB | Kamer D0.206 | Telefoon: +31-45-4006453


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Andras Timar Andras Timar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Latvian dic's

In reply to this post by Jānis
Hi Janis,

2011/11/17 Jānis <[hidden email]>:
> some time ago Latvian language spellchecker package was added to development
> tree with intent (?) to make it's way into Windows installation package. I
> got 3.4.4 and it isn't there.
>
> Can we expect it to be included in 3.5?

Sure, it will be in 3.5. Please report, if you can't find it in upcoming betas.

3.4.x code line is for bugfixes and l10n fixes only. We heve never
added new dictionaries there. Adding dictionaries would break the
string freeze, it would add two news strings for every translation
team. 3.4.5 is due to Jan 11, 2012, 3.5.0 is due to Feb 8, 2012. It's
not a big difference.

Best regards,
Andras

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Lior Kaplan Lior Kaplan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Latvian dic's

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 10:38 AM, Andras Timar <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Janis,
>
> 2011/11/17 Jānis <[hidden email]>:
> > some time ago Latvian language spellchecker package was added to
> development
> > tree with intent (?) to make it's way into Windows installation package.
> I
> > got 3.4.4 and it isn't there.
> >
> > Can we expect it to be included in 3.5?
>
> Sure, it will be in 3.5. Please report, if you can't find it in upcoming
> betas.
>
> 3.4.x code line is for bugfixes and l10n fixes only. We heve never
> added new dictionaries there. Adding dictionaries would break the
> string freeze, it would add two news strings for every translation
> team. 3.4.5 is due to Jan 11, 2012, 3.5.0 is due to Feb 8, 2012. It's
> not a big difference.
>

I could live with these strings, but seems very reasonable due to the small
time difference.

Janis - what about uploading the dictionary as an extension to have it
available soon than 3.5.0?

Kaplan

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Jānis Jānis
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Latvian dic's


Citējot Lior Kaplan <[hidden email]>
Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:42:47 +0200:

>> 3.4.x code line is for bugfixes and l10n fixes only. We heve never
>> added new dictionaries there. Adding dictionaries would break the
>> string freeze, it would add two news strings for every translation
>> team. 3.4.5 is due to Jan 11, 2012, 3.5.0 is due to Feb 8, 2012. It's
>> not a big difference.
>>
>
> I could live with these strings, but seems very reasonable due to the small
> time difference.
>
> Janis - what about uploading the dictionary as an extension to have it
> available soon than 3.5.0?

Hi!

It is already there (on extension site) plus available from the site  
dedicated to it (http://dict.dv.lv, in Latvian only)

Janis


--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted