[libreoffice-l10n] LibO Pootle: Why empty strings are there in Extensions for LibO?

Hossein Noorikhah Hossein Noorikhah

[libreoffice-l10n] LibO Pootle: Why empty strings are there in Extensions for LibO?

Hi,
Please see this:
https://translations.documentfoundation.org/fa/extensions/translate.html?unitstates=fuzzy,untranslated
There are a lot of empty strings there. Why?

Fitoschido Fitoschido

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] LibO Pootle: Why empty strings are there in Extensions for LibO?

I was wondering the same thing.

Andras Timar Andras Timar

2012/4/29 Hossein Noorikhah <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
> Please see this:
> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/fa/extensions/translate.html?unitstates=fuzzy,untranslated
> There are a lot of empty strings there. Why?

Because those .properties files were generated automatically by the
developer environment, and developed did not assign values to all
possible strings (for example to helptexts).

If I were you, I would not work on Extensions module at all, because
it is unmaintaned, and there is no proof that translations from there
have been ever used. If somebody knows the story differently, please
let me know.

Andras

Valter Mura (Google Drive) Valter Mura (Google Drive)

2012/4/29 Andras Timar <[hidden email]>

> 2012/4/29 Hossein Noorikhah <[hidden email]>:
> > Hi,
> > Please see this:
> >
> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/fa/extensions/translate.html?unitstates=fuzzy,untranslated
> > There are a lot of empty strings there. Why?
>
> Because those .properties files were generated automatically by the
> developer environment, and developed did not assign values to all
> possible strings (for example to helptexts).
>
> If I were you, I would not work on Extensions module at all, because
> it is unmaintaned, and there is no proof that translations from there
> have been ever used. If somebody knows the story differently, please
> let me know.

So, in this case, why keeping these strings in the project? Better to drop
them off, to avoid waste of our precious time :)

Ciao
--
Valter
*Open Source is better!*

Anton Meixome Anton Meixome

2012/5/2 Valter Mura <[hidden email]>:

> 2012/4/29 Andras Timar <[hidden email]>
>
>> 2012/4/29 Hossein Noorikhah <[hidden email]>:
>> > Hi,
>> > Please see this:
>> >
>> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/fa/extensions/translate.html?unitstates=fuzzy,untranslated
>> > There are a lot of empty strings there. Why?
>>
>> Because those .properties files were generated automatically by the
>> developer environment, and developed did not assign values to all
>> possible strings (for example to helptexts).
>>
>> If I were you, I would not work on Extensions module at all, because
>> it is unmaintaned, and there is no proof that translations from there
>> have been ever used. If somebody knows the story differently, please
>> let me know.
>>

> So, in this case, why keeping these strings in the project? Better to drop
> them off, to avoid waste of our precious time :)
>
> Ciao

+1

> --
> Valter
> *Open Source is better!*
> KDE: www.kde.org
> Kubuntu: www.kubuntu.org
> LibreOffice: www.libreoffice.org

Antón Méixome - Galician Native Lang Coordination
Blog about Galician Office Suite
Galician community OOo.org & LibO
http://blog.openoffice.gl

Olivier Hallot Olivier Hallot

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] LibO Pootle: Why empty strings are there in Extensions for LibO?