[libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice 3.3 string freeze, Pootle update

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
27 messages Options
Next » 12
André Schnabel André Schnabel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice 3.3 string freeze, Pootle update

Hi,

now that we have a code branch for LibreOffice 3.3 stable
release, we also have the (almost) final strings.

Petr is going to update the l10n templates and po files
with the new english strings today. So we can move the
po files to the translation server this evening or tomorrow.

For you (translators) this would mean:

- you may do your translation work for the final release
  at pootle from tomorrow on (I'll send an update to the list)

- when your translation is done, please send a notice to the
  list, so that the modifications can be pushed to the code
  repository

- if you do not work with pootle, you may directly handle
  translation and pushing it to git.


@rimas - are you available on IRC this evening? We should
coordinate how to handle the files at the pootle server.
(I'd like to keep a LibO 3.3 testing project with the current
po files).


regards,

André


--
E-mail to [hidden email] for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Aidsoid Aidsoid
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice 3.3 string freeze, Pootle update

We are ready. Where will be the latest pot-file in this evning (or tomorrow
)?

--
E-mail to [hidden email] for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Rimas Kudelis Rimas Kudelis
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice 3.3 string freeze, Pootle update

2010.11.11 11:48, Aidsoid rašė:
> We are ready. Where will be the latest pot-file in this evning (or tomorrow
> )?

It will be uploaded to Pootle. Just wait for the further announcement
from Andre.

Rimas


--
E-mail to [hidden email] for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Petr Mladek Petr Mladek
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[libreoffice-l10n] Re: LibreOffice 3.3 string freeze, Pootle update

In reply to this post by André Schnabel
Andre Schnabel píše v Čt 11. 11. 2010 v 09:33 +0100:
> Hi,
>
> now that we have a code branch for LibreOffice 3.3 stable
> release, we also have the (almost) final strings.
>
> Petr is going to update the l10n templates and po files
> with the new english strings today.

done

The biggest changes are:

        + removed scp2 and Writer comparison strings; they were in the
          older version by mistake
        + added strings for integrating the openclipart gallery; I think
          that it is an optional feature

Best Regards,
Petr


--
E-mail to [hidden email] for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Paolo Pozzan Paolo Pozzan
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice 3.3 string freeze, Pootle update

In reply to this post by André Schnabel
In data giovedì 11 novembre 2010 09:33:32, Andre Schnabel ha scritto:
[cut]
> For you (translators) this would mean:
>
> - you may do your translation work for the final release
>   at pootle from tomorrow on (I'll send an update to the list)
>
> - when your translation is done, please send a notice to the
>   list, so that the modifications can be pushed to the code
>   repository
[cut]

I think that a workflow similar to the OOo one would be more efficient: if
we have a deadline we can organize time much better and at the same time
I think a single big export would be much faster to manage than many
small exports. We will also avoid a LOT of messages on this list ;-) .
What do you think?

Paolo

--
E-mail to [hidden email] for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice 3.3 string freeze, Pootle update

I just downloaded my "old" Slovenian po file from LO Pootle and was amazed
by the header of my file:

# Slovenian localization of LibreOffice
# Copyright (C) 2006, SUSE Linux GmbH, Nuremberg

My localization is copyright by SUSE? Does SUSE replace Oracle as owner of
LO? What is this? It is my localization and if anyone can claim copyright of
any kind, it is mine. Do I have to sue SUSE?

What is it with LO, is it just a large-corporation scam?

Really want to hear the explanation.

Thanks,
m.

2010/11/11 Paolo Pozzan <[hidden email]>

> In data giovedì 11 novembre 2010 09:33:32, Andre Schnabel ha scritto:
> [cut]
> > For you (translators) this would mean:
> >
> > - you may do your translation work for the final release
> >   at pootle from tomorrow on (I'll send an update to the list)
> >
> > - when your translation is done, please send a notice to the
> >   list, so that the modifications can be pushed to the code
> >   repository
> [cut]
>
> I think that a workflow similar to the OOo one would be more efficient: if
> we have a deadline we can organize time much better and at the same time
> I think a single big export would be much faster to manage than many
> small exports. We will also avoid a LOT of messages on this list ;-) .
> What do you think?
>
> Paolo
>
> --
> E-mail to [hidden email] <l10n%[hidden email]> for
> instructions on how to unsubscribe
> List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
> All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted
>
>

--
E-mail to [hidden email] for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: LibreOffice 3.3 string freeze, Pootle update

In reply to this post by Petr Mladek
2010/11/11 Petr Mladek <[hidden email]>

> done
>

Are you sure this new English entry is correctly formed:
<bookmark_value>colors; default colors; LibreOffice colors; Tango
colors</bookmark_value>

This will make a four level help index entry, all other index entries are
only single and double level ones.

Was your intention something like this:
<bookmark_value>colors; default
colors</bookmark_value><bookmark_value>LibreOffice
colors</bookmark_value><bookmark_value>Tango colors</bookmark_value>

Also, some newly added extension descriptions include references to OOo
instead of LO (see LightProof description etc.).

Lp, m.

--
E-mail to [hidden email] for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

André Schnabel André Schnabel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: LibreOffice 3.3 string freeze, Pootle update

In reply to this post by Petr Mladek
Hi,

Am 11.11.2010 21:24, schrieb Petr Mladek:
> Andre Schnabel píše v Čt 11. 11. 2010 v 09:33 +0100:
>> Hi,
>>
>> now that we have a code branch for LibreOffice 3.3 stable
>> release, we also have the (almost) final strings.
>>
>> Petr is going to update the l10n templates and po files
>> with the new english strings today.
> done

Ok, new po files have been applied to pootle. So in pootle (LibreOffice
3.3 project) we now have the same files as we have in git.

For all translators: please check your files and then start translating.

For those who already did translations during the testing period - you
will find your files from that period at the "LibreOffice 3.3 (testing
period)" project.  So you should be able to pick up the translations
from there. (You may also ask here if someone should merge these strings
to the current translations - if needed).


There might be some minor string fixes within the next weeks.  I think,
we can do this without interrupting the translation work, just by
pushing the template files to pootle. (But needs to be tested)



> The biggest changes are:
>
> + removed scp2 and Writer comparison strings; they were in the
>            older version by mistake
> + added strings for integrating the openclipart gallery; I think
>            that it is an optional feature

I've seen that also some strings about MySQL connector have been
removed. Is this correct?


regards,

André

--
E-mail to [hidden email] for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

André Schnabel André Schnabel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice 3.3 string freeze, Pootle update

In reply to this post by Paolo Pozzan
Hi,

Am 11.11.2010 22:02, schrieb Paolo Pozzan:
> [cut]
> I think that a workflow similar to the OOo one would be more efficient: if
> we have a deadline we can organize time much better and at the same time
> I think a single big export would be much faster to manage than many
> small exports.

Not really, as we had to wait for the last team to do the export. And
some teams ar not working with pootle but committing to git directly.

In general, this is a temporary "workflow" anyway. We definately need to
change this for 3.4.

I think we can do something more continous then.
E.g. :
- translation templates will be updated in git regularely (say every week)
- translation templates will be pushed to pootle
- language team can update their pootle repository from templates at any
time (it's possible through the web frontend or this can be automated as
well)
- translations will be pulled from pootle regularely (also every week)
- translations will be pushed to git then (we may need some indicator
for teams directly working on git).


but this needs to be tested.

André

--
E-mail to [hidden email] for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

André Schnabel André Schnabel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice 3.3 string freeze, Pootle update

In reply to this post by Martin Srebotnjak
Hi,

Am 11.11.2010 22:19, schrieb Martin Srebotnjak:
> I just downloaded my "old" Slovenian po file from LO Pootle and was amazed
> by the header of my file:
>
> # Slovenian localization of LibreOffice
> # Copyright (C) 2006, SUSE Linux GmbH, Nuremberg
>
> My localization is copyright by SUSE? Does SUSE replace Oracle as owner of
> LO? What is this? It is my localization and if anyone can claim copyright of
> any kind, it is mine. Do I have to sue SUSE?

no, surely not. I'd guess this was either a mistake or some initial
translations had really been done by
SUSE GmbH.

Petr, Michael, any input on this?

regards,

André

--
E-mail to [hidden email] for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Petr Mladek Petr Mladek
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: LibreOffice 3.3 string freeze, Pootle update

In reply to this post by André Schnabel
André Schnabel píše v Pá 12. 11. 2010 v 08:07 +0100:

> Hi,
>
> Am 11.11.2010 21:24, schrieb Petr Mladek:
> > Andre Schnabel píše v Čt 11. 11. 2010 v 09:33 +0100:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> now that we have a code branch for LibreOffice 3.3 stable
> >> release, we also have the (almost) final strings.
> >>
> >> Petr is going to update the l10n templates and po files
> >> with the new english strings today.
> > done
>
> Ok, new po files have been applied to pootle. So in pootle (LibreOffice
> 3.3 project) we now have the same files as we have in git.
>
> For all translators: please check your files and then start translating.
>
> For those who already did translations during the testing period - you
> will find your files from that period at the "LibreOffice 3.3 (testing
> period)" project.  So you should be able to pick up the translations
> from there. (You may also ask here if someone should merge these strings
> to the current translations - if needed).
>
>
> There might be some minor string fixes within the next weeks.  I think,
> we can do this without interrupting the translation work, just by
> pushing the template files to pootle. (But needs to be tested)
>
>
>
> > The biggest changes are:
> >
> > + removed scp2 and Writer comparison strings; they were in the
> >            older version by mistake
> > + added strings for integrating the openclipart gallery; I think
> >            that it is an optional feature
>
> I've seen that also some strings about MySQL connector have been
> removed. Is this correct?

Sigh, we actually want some scp2 strings. I wanted to remove strings
where the translations were automatically coppied, e.g. the lanuage
names:

STR_NAME_MODULE_LANGPACK_AF      Afrikaans
STR_NAME_MODULE_LANGPACK_AR_SA   Arabic
...

We still want to translate the names of newly integrated extensions. I
removed them together with the autogenerated strings.

I am really sorry for the troubles. It was long day. I will be more
careful next time.

Best Regards,
Petr


--
E-mail to [hidden email] for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Petr Mladek Petr Mladek
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: LibreOffice 3.3 string freeze, Pootle update

Petr Mladek píše v Pá 12. 11. 2010 v 09:46 +0100:

> André Schnabel píše v Pá 12. 11. 2010 v 08:07 +0100:
> > Ok, new po files have been applied to pootle. So in pootle (LibreOffice
> > 3.3 project) we now have the same files as we have in git.
> >
> > For all translators: please check your files and then start translating.
> >
> > I've seen that also some strings about MySQL connector have been
> > removed. Is this correct?
>
> Sigh, we actually want some scp2 strings.
>
> We still want to translate the names of newly integrated extensions. I
> removed them together with the autogenerated strings.

I have just pushed the updated lo-build.pot and synced .po files in the
git repo. Please, take them.

André, could you please sync pootle once again?

The change adds back some strings. Many of them were already translated.
I put back also translation into the .po files, so hopefully no work
were lost.

I am really sorry for the troubles.


Best Regards,
Petr


--
E-mail to [hidden email] for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Petr Mladek Petr Mladek
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice 3.3 string freeze, Pootle update

In reply to this post by André Schnabel
André Schnabel píše v Pá 12. 11. 2010 v 08:16 +0100:

> Hi,
>
> Am 11.11.2010 22:19, schrieb Martin Srebotnjak:
> > I just downloaded my "old" Slovenian po file from LO Pootle and was amazed
> > by the header of my file:
> >
> > # Slovenian localization of LibreOffice
> > # Copyright (C) 2006, SUSE Linux GmbH, Nuremberg
> >
> > My localization is copyright by SUSE? Does SUSE replace Oracle as owner of
> > LO? What is this? It is my localization and if anyone can claim copyright of
> > any kind, it is mine. Do I have to sue SUSE?
>
> no, surely not. I'd guess this was either a mistake or some initial
> translations had really been done by
> SUSE GmbH.

We got some translations from the openSUSE community and also from the
SLED (SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop) translators. It probably went in
this way. Of course, anyone could add his own copyright line.


Best Regards,
Petr


--
E-mail to [hidden email] for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

André Schnabel André Schnabel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: LibreOffice 3.3 string freeze, Pootle update

In reply to this post by André Schnabel
Hi,

> Von: Petr Mladek

>
> I have just pushed the updated lo-build.pot and synced .po files in the
> git repo. Please, take them.
>
> André, could you please sync pootle once again?

not before 6pm CET - maybe Rimas can help.

>
> The change adds back some strings. Many of them were already translated.
> I put back also translation into the .po files, so hopefully no work
> were lost.

Ok.

regards,

André

--
E-mail to [hidden email] for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Rimas Kudelis Rimas Kudelis
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: LibreOffice 3.3 string freeze, Pootle update

In reply to this post by Petr Mladek
Hi all,

2010.11.12 11:33, Petr Mladek rašė:
> I have just pushed the updated lo-build.pot and synced .po files in the
> git repo. Please, take them.
>
> André, could you please sync pootle once again?

I'm trying to do that now. Please do not work on those files for now.

Also, I'll try to merge those files with those we had during testing.
Hope there are no objections?

Rimas


--
E-mail to [hidden email] for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Rimas Kudelis Rimas Kudelis
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: LibreOffice 3.3 string freeze, Pootle update

2010.11.12 14:21, Rimas Kudelis rašė:

> Hi all,
>
> 2010.11.12 11:33, Petr Mladek rašė:
>> I have just pushed the updated lo-build.pot and synced .po files in the
>> git repo. Please, take them.
>>
>> André, could you please sync pootle once again?
>
> I'm trying to do that now. Please do not work on those files for now.
>
> Also, I'll try to merge those files with those we had during testing.
> Hope there are no objections?

OK, it took me a rediculously long amount of time, but I think I finally
managed to trick Pootle into doing what it should. All files have been
updated from git, and then merged with what we already had in the
libo33_test project. Feel free to continue working on libo33 project,
and report any problems you may find.

As a precaution, I don't suggest using the Update from templates
function, because it seems to misbehave sometimes. Misbehaviour of that
function is exactly what took me so long. Also note that the
calculations on the project page are a bit off. The actual number of
strings/words is 377/1877.

Happy localizing!
Rimas Kudelis

--
E-mail to [hidden email] for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: LibreOffice 3.3 string freeze, Pootle update

In reply to this post by André Schnabel
Hi André, *,

> Ok, new po files have been applied to pootle. So in pootle (LibreOffice
> 3.3 project) we now have the same files as we have in git.
>
> For all translators: please check your files and then start translating.

I'm completely a bit lost :-)
Obviously because I am no regular translator.

http://translations.documentfoundation.org/ links to
http://translations.documentfoundation.org/projects/libo33/ and to
http://translations.documentfoundation.org/nl/libo33/translate.html?unitstates=fuzzy,untranslated
which I can translate right away ...

Only problem: it is not saved?

Best,
Cor

--
  - giving openoffice.org its foundation :: The Document Foundation -


--
E-mail to [hidden email] for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

sophi sophi
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: LibreOffice 3.3 string freeze, Pootle update

Hi Cor,

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 5:05 PM, Cor Nouws <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi André, *,
>
>> Ok, new po files have been applied to pootle. So in pootle (LibreOffice
>> 3.3 project) we now have the same files as we have in git.
>>
>> For all translators: please check your files and then start translating.
>
> I'm completely a bit lost :-)
> Obviously because I am no regular translator.
>
> http://translations.documentfoundation.org/ links to
> http://translations.documentfoundation.org/projects/libo33/ and to
> http://translations.documentfoundation.org/nl/libo33/translate.html?unitstates=fuzzy,untranslated
> which I can translate right away ...
>
> Only problem: it is not saved?

You need to ask for the rights to the NL language admin on Pootle.

Kind regards
Sophie
--
Founding member of The Document Foundation

--
E-mail to [hidden email] for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Cor Nouws Cor Nouws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: LibreOffice 3.3 string freeze, Pootle update

Hi Sophie,

Sophie Gautier wrote (12-11-10 17:36)
>
> You need to ask for the rights to the NL language admin on Pootle.

Hmm, didn't I do that already ?
Can you do that, or André?

Thanks,

Cor
  (In need for a personal secretary ;-) )

--
  - giving openoffice.org its foundation :: The Document Foundation -


--
E-mail to [hidden email] for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Rimas Kudelis Rimas Kudelis
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: LibreOffice 3.3 string freeze, Pootle update

2010.11.12 18:46, Cor Nouws rašė:

> Hi Sophie,
>
> Sophie Gautier wrote (12-11-10 17:36)
>>
>> You need to ask for the rights to the NL language admin on Pootle.
>
> Hmm, didn't I do that already ?
> Can you do that, or André?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cor
>  (In need for a personal secretary ;-) )
>

You do have rights already.

What do you mean by "it is not saved"? Do you see (and use!) the Submit
button in the UI?

Rimas


--
E-mail to [hidden email] for instructions on how to unsubscribe
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted

Next » 12