[libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice Berber translation / Need help for begining translation

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Aferkiw N Tamazgha Aferkiw N Tamazgha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice Berber translation / Need help for begining translation

Hello all,

I Need help for a translation in berber of LibO (and OO) ...

Someone can help me ?

Best regards,

Aferkiw

--
To unsubscribe, send an empty e-mail to [hidden email]
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.

sophi sophi
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice Berber translation / Need help for begining translation

Hi Aferkiw,

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 12:54 AM, Aferkiw N Tamazgha <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I Need help for a translation in berber of LibO (and OO) ...
>
> Someone can help me ?

What kind of help do you need? Is it help with the files and their
contents or with something else?

Kind regards
Sophie

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail to [hidden email]
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.

Michael Bauer Michael Bauer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice Berber translation

  Berber is a new locale, isn't it? Interesting though, are you encoding
in Tifinagh or Latin, and also, I believe there are three main
varieties: Northern, Eastern or Tuareg? Which of these three are you
working with and/or which sub-language?

Michael

--
Akerbeltz
Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon
Fòn: +44-141-946 4437
Facs: +44-141-945 2701
Am Faclair Beag <http://www.faclair.com/> ◦ Akerbeltz
<http://www.akerbeltz.org> ◦ Firefox sa Ghàidhlig
<http://www.mozilla.com/gd/>

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail to [hidden email]
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.

Aferkiw N Tamazgha Aferkiw N Tamazgha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice Berber translation

Hello Michael, Hello Sophie,

Yes, Berber is  a new locale ...

In fact there  more then 3 main varieties ...

In Morcoco there is 3 great maint variety, Tarifit, tamzight and tasousit
... The morocan encoding standar is Tifinagh ...

In Algeria, I know 4 great varieties varieties : Kabyle (Taqbayliet,
Tachawit, Tamzabit, Tachenwit) and we can add Tamachiqt (Tuareg language)
... There is nos offical encoding and it is at this time a great political
problem ... with sessionist risk ...

And hte case of Tuareg Poeple, splited in 5 at least 5 five different
country (Lybia, Algeria, Mali, Niger, Burkina Faso) ... There traditional
encoding is Tifinagh mais there is not official recognizion ...

In my Case I want to localize the Kabyle version ...

*
I want to localise in kabyle language (variant of berber in north of
Algeria)

Iso 639 code is  KAB
 and the microsoft LCID is Tamazight (Latin) 2143

What is the process ? Wich is the first step ?

*

Best regards,

Azzedine Ait Khelifa

2010/10/11 Michael Bauer <[hidden email]>

>  Berber is a new locale, isn't it? Interesting though, are you encoding in
> Tifinagh or Latin, and also, I believe there are three main varieties:
> Northern, Eastern or Tuareg? Which of these three are you working with
> and/or which sub-language?
>
> Michael
>
> --
> Akerbeltz
> Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon
> Fòn: +44-141-946 4437
> Facs: +44-141-945 2701
> Am Faclair Beag <http://www.faclair.com/> ◦ Akerbeltz <
> http://www.akerbeltz.org> ◦ Firefox sa Ghàidhlig <
> http://www.mozilla.com/gd/>
>
> --
> To unsubscribe, e-mail to [hidden email]<l10n%[hidden email]>
> List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
> All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted.
>
>

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail to [hidden email]
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.

Michael Bauer Michael Bauer
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[libreoffice-l10n] Re: LibreOffice Berber translation

  Ah I was behind the times, I wasn't sure of (neo-)Tifinagh was encoded
but it would appear that it has Unicode code points.

I can offer you some general pointers on the translation side of
localisation but in terms of how to technically get started, you need
Sophie or another admin.

All the best,

Mike

11/10/2010 17:02, Sgrìobh Aferkiw N Tamazgha:

> In my Case I want to localize the Kabyle version ...
>
> *
> I want to localise in kabyle language (variant of berber in north of
> Algeria)
>
> Iso 639 code is  KAB
>   and the microsoft LCID is Tamazight (Latin) 2143
>
> What is the process ? Wich is the first step ?
>

--
*Akerbeltz*
Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon
Fòn: +44-141-946 4437
Facs: +44-141-945 2701
*Am Faclair Beag <http://www.faclair.com/> ◦ Akerbeltz
<http://www.akerbeltz.org> ◦ Firefox sa Ghàidhlig
<http://www.mozilla.com/gd/>*

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail to [hidden email]
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.

Aferkiw N Tamazgha Aferkiw N Tamazgha
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: LibreOffice Berber translation

Hello Micheal,

Many Thanx for your help !

Neo Tifinagh was encoded on Unicode, I'm sure !

In my case I will use only latin ...

Ok, I'll see with Sophie for help !

Resgrads,

Azzedine Ait Khelifa

2010/10/11 Michael Bauer <[hidden email]>

>  Ah I was behind the times, I wasn't sure of (neo-)Tifinagh was encoded but
> it would appear that it has Unicode code points.
>
> I can offer you some general pointers on the translation side of
> localisation but in terms of how to technically get started, you need Sophie
> or another admin.
>
> All the best,
>
> Mike
>
> 11/10/2010 17:02, Sgrìobh Aferkiw N Tamazgha:
>
>  In my Case I want to localize the Kabyle version ...
>>
>> *
>> I want to localise in kabyle language (variant of berber in north of
>> Algeria)
>>
>> Iso 639 code is  KAB
>>  and the microsoft LCID is Tamazight (Latin) 2143
>>
>> What is the process ? Wich is the first step ?
>>
>>
> --
> *Akerbeltz*
>
> Goireasan Gàidhlig air an lìon
> Fòn: +44-141-946 4437
> Facs: +44-141-945 2701
> *Am Faclair Beag <http://www.faclair.com/> ◦ Akerbeltz <
> http://www.akerbeltz.org> ◦ Firefox sa Ghàidhlig <
> http://www.mozilla.com/gd/>*
>
> --
> To unsubscribe, e-mail to [hidden email]<l10n%[hidden email]>
> List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
> All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be
> deleted.
>
>

--
To unsubscribe, e-mail to [hidden email]
List archives are available at http://www.libreoffice.org/lists/l10n/
All messages you send to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted.