[libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice Online and Collabora Online demos for TDF members and contributors

Michael Meeks-5 Michael Meeks-5

[libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice Online and Collabora Online demos for TDF members and contributors

Dear TDF members, developers, localizers, QA-ers, and all contributors,

We are happy to announce two demo servers:

1. LibreOffice Online powered by LibreOffice, weekly snapshot of
   master branches of online and core repositories, with ownCloud 9.1

    https://demo.collaboracloudsuite.com/tdf/

    Here is where you can checkout the latest features, latest
    translations, and help file and fix the latest bugs.

2. Collabora Online demo, the stable product from Collabora with Nextcloud 11
    https://demo.collaboracloudsuite.com/tdfnextcloud/

    These are just the start - credentials are based from the new (under
development) TDF LDAP server - allowing other providers to connect and
provide other services.

    To create an LDAP account (that you should be able to use in the
future to access TDF Bugzilla, TDF Wiki, etc.) - checkout:

    https://user.documentfoundation.org/

* More details:

    These demos will allow you to try out LibreOffice Online and Collabora
Online. You can upload new documents, share them and edit them (alone or
collaboratively). But before you start to upload files, please keep the
following in mind:

    * Don’t upload private or sensitive information. Sessions and data
      may be logged for performance and testing reasons, so when you use
      this demo, don’t upload your diary or bank statements. A set of
      test-files is already uploaded for you, ready to play with. Having
      said that, we will try hard to avoid publishing your data without
      your consent.

    * These demos are running on Collabora's servers, which will be upgraded
      fairly regularly. This is cool, because you’ll be able to try out
      the latest edition, with new features etc. On the other hand: your
      data may get eaten! save regularly.

    * We'll try to keep the service available - but it may disappear at
      any time - no guarentees.

* About LibreOffice Online

    With LibreOffice Online you can collaboratively edit office documents
directly in any modern browser. It includes Writer, Calc and Impress,
and boosts excellent support for all popular office file formats.
There is an optimized LibreOffice core at the heart of the architecture
of LibreOffice Online, and document rendering is achieved by delivering
a “picture” of the document to the GUI in the form of a canvas of .png
tiles. When users edit a document, these .png tiles are refreshed
seamlessly to display the new or amended content. (Press
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+D in the browser to enter into debugging mode and see how
it works.)

* Credits

    While we celebrate and credit the fantastic work of the LibreOffice
community without which there could be no LibreOffice Online - it is
clear that Collabora (with thanks to our customers & partners) is the
architect and driving force behind putting LibreOffice in the Cloud.
We're eager to change that: there is lots of low hanging fruit here
for developers, and we love contributions. So please get testing, and
contributing to the code - patches welcome in gerrit and on the
development mailing lists.

--
[hidden email] <><, GM Collabora Productivity
 Skype: mmeeks, Google Hangout: [hidden email]

Sveinn í Felli-2 Sveinn í Felli-2

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice Online and Collabora Online demos for TDF members and contributors

Great, thanks Michael;

Þann þri 21.feb 2017 10:37, skrifaði Michael Meeks:

> Dear TDF members, developers, localizers, QA-ers, and all contributors,
>
> We are happy to announce two demo servers:
>
> 1. LibreOffice Online powered by LibreOffice, weekly snapshot of
>    master branches of online and core repositories, with ownCloud 9.1
>
>     https://demo.collaboracloudsuite.com/tdf/
>
>     Here is where you can checkout the latest features, latest
>     translations, and help file and fix the latest bugs.
>
> 2. Collabora Online demo, the stable product from Collabora with Nextcloud 11
>     https://demo.collaboracloudsuite.com/tdfnextcloud/

For us translators, it would be highly appreciated if there is a list
somewhere of which Nextcloud modules are used in these installations.
I'm also translating Nexcloud, and since there are two full pages of
potential modules to translate for Nextcloud, such a list could help us
get our priorities straight.

Best regards,

Sveinn í Felli

>     These are just the start - credentials are based from the new (under
> development) TDF LDAP server - allowing other providers to connect and
> provide other services.
>
>     To create an LDAP account (that you should be able to use in the
> future to access TDF Bugzilla, TDF Wiki, etc.) - checkout:
>
>     https://user.documentfoundation.org/
>
> * More details:
>
>     These demos will allow you to try out LibreOffice Online and Collabora
> Online. You can upload new documents, share them and edit them (alone or
> collaboratively). But before you start to upload files, please keep the
> following in mind:
>
>     * Don’t upload private or sensitive information. Sessions and data
>       may be logged for performance and testing reasons, so when you use
>       this demo, don’t upload your diary or bank statements. A set of
>       test-files is already uploaded for you, ready to play with. Having
>       said that, we will try hard to avoid publishing your data without
>       your consent.
>
>     * These demos are running on Collabora's servers, which will be upgraded
>       fairly regularly. This is cool, because you’ll be able to try out
>       the latest edition, with new features etc. On the other hand: your
>       data may get eaten! save regularly.
>
>     * We'll try to keep the service available - but it may disappear at
>       any time - no guarentees.
>
> * About LibreOffice Online
>
>     With LibreOffice Online you can collaboratively edit office documents
> directly in any modern browser. It includes Writer, Calc and Impress,
> and boosts excellent support for all popular office file formats.
> There is an optimized LibreOffice core at the heart of the architecture
> of LibreOffice Online, and document rendering is achieved by delivering
> a “picture” of the document to the GUI in the form of a canvas of .png
> tiles. When users edit a document, these .png tiles are refreshed
> seamlessly to display the new or amended content. (Press
> Ctrl+Alt+Shift+D in the browser to enter into debugging mode and see how
> it works.)
>
> * Credits
>
>     While we celebrate and credit the fantastic work of the LibreOffice
> community without which there could be no LibreOffice Online - it is
> clear that Collabora (with thanks to our customers & partners) is the
> architect and driving force behind putting LibreOffice in the Cloud.
> We're eager to change that: there is lots of low hanging fruit here
> for developers, and we love contributions. So please get testing, and
> contributing to the code - patches welcome in gerrit and on the
> development mailing lists.

Andras Timar Andras Timar

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice Online and Collabora Online demos for TDF members and contributors

Hi Sveinn,

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Sveinn í Felli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Great, thanks Michael;
>
> Þann þri 21.feb 2017 10:37, skrifaði Michael Meeks:
>
>> Dear TDF members, developers, localizers, QA-ers, and all contributors,
>>
>> We are happy to announce two demo servers:
>>
>> 1. LibreOffice Online powered by LibreOffice, weekly snapshot of
>>    master branches of online and core repositories, with ownCloud 9.1
>>
>>     https://demo.collaboracloudsuite.com/tdf/
>>
>>     Here is where you can checkout the latest features, latest
>>     translations, and help file and fix the latest bugs.
>>
>> 2. Collabora Online demo, the stable product from Collabora with
>> Nextcloud 11
>>     https://demo.collaboracloudsuite.com/tdfnextcloud/
>>

> For us translators, it would be highly appreciated if there is a list
> somewhere of which Nextcloud modules are used in these installations.
> I'm also translating Nexcloud, and since there are two full pages of
> potential modules to translate for Nextcloud, such a list could help us get
> our priorities straight.

The Collabora Online Connector app has the code name 'richdocuments' in
both ownCloud and Nextcloud. Yet, the two apps are different.

ownCloud: https://github.com/owncloud/richdocuments
Translations: https://www.transifex.com/owncloud-org/owncloud/richdocuments/

Nextcloud: https://github.com/nextcloud/richdocuments/
Translations: https://www.transifex.com/nextcloud/nextcloud/

Other than that, we use the default install, the official modules.

Best regards,
Andras

Osvaldo Gervasi Osvaldo Gervasi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice Online and Collabora Online demos for TDF members and contributors

Dear Michael,
     great news!!!
Thanks to you and the Collabora Team for the relevant outcome!
 Cheers,
--Osvaldo

> [...]
>
> * Credits
>
>     While we celebrate and credit the fantastic work of the LibreOffice
> community without which there could be no LibreOffice Online - it is
> clear that Collabora (with thanks to our customers & partners) is the
> architect and driving force behind putting LibreOffice in the Cloud.
> We're eager to change that: there is lots of low hanging fruit here
> for developers, and we love contributions. So please get testing, and
> contributing to the code - patches welcome in gerrit and on the
> development mailing lists.
>
> --
> [hidden email] <><, GM Collabora Productivity
>  Skype: mmeeks, Google Hangout: [hidden email]
>  (M) +44 7795 666 147 - timezone usually UK / Europe

Sveinn í Felli-2 Sveinn í Felli-2

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice Online and Collabora Online demos for TDF members and contributors

Hi Andras,

Þann þri 21.feb 2017 11:38, skrifaði Andras Timar:

> Hi Sveinn,
>
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 12:21 PM, Sveinn í Felli <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Great, thanks Michael;
>>
>> Þann þri 21.feb 2017 10:37, skrifaði Michael Meeks:
>>
>>> Dear TDF members, developers, localizers, QA-ers, and all contributors,
>>>
>>> We are happy to announce two demo servers:
>>>
>>> 1. LibreOffice Online powered by LibreOffice, weekly snapshot of
>>>    master branches of online and core repositories, with ownCloud 9.1
>>>
>>>     https://demo.collaboracloudsuite.com/tdf/
>>>
>>>     Here is where you can checkout the latest features, latest
>>>     translations, and help file and fix the latest bugs.
>>>
>>> 2. Collabora Online demo, the stable product from Collabora with
>>> Nextcloud 11
>>>     https://demo.collaboracloudsuite.com/tdfnextcloud/
>>>

>> For us translators, it would be highly appreciated if there is a list
>> somewhere of which Nextcloud modules are used in these installations.
>> I'm also translating Nexcloud, and since there are two full pages of
>> potential modules to translate for Nextcloud, such a list could help us get
>> our priorities straight.
>>

> The Collabora Online Connector app has the code name 'richdocuments' in
> both ownCloud and Nextcloud. Yet, the two apps are different.
>
> ownCloud: https://github.com/owncloud/richdocuments
> Translations: https://www.transifex.com/owncloud-org/owncloud/richdocuments/
>
> Nextcloud: https://github.com/nextcloud/richdocuments/
> Translations: https://www.transifex.com/nextcloud/nextcloud/
>
> Other than that, we use the default install, the official modules.

The Nexcloud bundle comes with so many modules (sorry, it's called
apps); here are the standard ones:

activity                files_retention          provisioning_api
admin_audit             files_sharing            serverinfo
comments                files_texteditor         sharebymail
dav                     files_trashbin           survey_client
encryption              files_versions           systemtags
external                files_videoplayer        templateeditor
federatedfilesharing    firstrunwizard           theming
federation              gallery                  twofactor_backupcodes
files                   logreader                updatenotification
files_accesscontrol     lookup_server_connector  user_external
files_automatedtagging  nextcloud_announcements  user_ldap
files_external          notifications            user_saml
files_pdfviewer         password_policy          workflowengine

Plus, there are several 3rd party modules:

jeremeamia phpseclib
bantu league        pimple
composer psr
lukasreschke punic
mcnetic rackspace
deepdiver1975 natxet        react
doctrine nikic
guzzle paragonie     sabre
guzzlehttp patches.txt   stecman
icewind patchwork     swiftmailer
interfasys pear          symfony

I'm pretty sure they're not all activated in the Collabora instances,
right? Is there any (easy) way to verify which ones?

Sveinn

Andras Timar Andras Timar

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 1:18 PM, Sveinn í Felli <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure they're not all activated in the Collabora instances,
> right? Is there any (easy) way to verify which ones?

Enabled:
  - activity: 2.4.1
  - comments: 1.1.0
  - dav: 1.1.1
  - federatedfilesharing: 1.1.1
  - federation: 1.1.1
  - files: 1.6.1
  - files_pdfviewer: 1.0.1
  - files_sharing: 1.1.1
  - files_trashbin: 1.1.0
  - files_versions: 1.4.0
  - files_videoplayer: 1.0.0
  - firstrunwizard: 2.0
  - gallery: 16.0.0
  - logreader: 2.0.0
  - lookup_server_connector: 1.0.0
  - nextcloud_announcements: 1.0
  - notifications: 1.0.1
  - password_policy: 1.1.0
  - provisioning_api: 1.1.0
  - richdocuments: 1.1.25
  - serverinfo: 1.1.1
  - sharebymail: 1.0.1
  - survey_client: 0.1.5
  - systemtags: 1.1.3
  - theming: 1.1.1
  - twofactor_backupcodes: 1.0.0
  - updatenotification: 1.1.1
  - user_ldap: 1.1.1
  - workflowengine: 1.1.1

Best regards,
Andras

Sveinn í Felli-2 Sveinn í Felli-2

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] LibreOffice Online and Collabora Online demos for TDF members and contributors

Great, thanks a lot.
Maybe worth noting somewhere in the l10n-wiki.

Regards,
Sveinn

Þann þri 21.feb 2017 12:37, skrifaði Andras Timar: