[libreoffice-l10n] Libreoffice products name (writer, cal, base,...)

12 « Prev
Mikel Pascual - Akaita Mikel Pascual - Akaita

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Libreoffice products name (writer, cal, base, ...)

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 11:13 PM, Mihkel Tõnnov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2011/8/3 Mikel Pascual - Akaita <[hidden email]>
>
> > On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 10:09 PM, Mihkel Tõnnov <[hidden email]>
> wrote:

> > > Writer":
> > fa,
> > > >

> > > et?!
> > > Could you say where it's translated for et? It shouldn't be...
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Mihkel
> > >

> > Note that I just said "seem" (sorry I wrote "seems", what a shame :( ).
> > In 'et', for example:
> >

> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/et/libo34x_ui/translate.html?unit=3298935
> >

> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/et/libo34x_ui/translate.html?unit=3300025
> >
> > in 'et', there are also at least some translations from "writer/web" to
> > "writer/veeb":
> >

> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/et/libo34x_ui/translate.html?unit=3302917
> >

> > that's why I thought that we should decide about this. It seems like
> > someone
> > in 'et' team thought that translating them would be fine?
> >

> Yeah, as Marek said, the name isn't really translated there.
> Thanks anyway :)

Oh, didn't think about that. In fact, my language also uses postposition (we
optionally use a hyphen in order to keep the foreign name clearly
identified).
Not sure if "Writer/Web" is a name... I guess that if "Writer" is a name,
"Writer/Web" is also a name?

Anyway, I rechecked the list keeping possible prepositions and
postpositions, and 'et' is the only one that jumps out of the list. There's
a 24% of languages translating, 76% not translating.

On the bright side, it's great to see that there's people checking
everything that goes to this list. You people on 'et' have been really fast!

Marek Laane Marek Laane

2011/8/4 Mikel Pascual - Akaita <[hidden email]>

> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 11:13 PM, Mihkel Tõnnov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > 2011/8/3 Mikel Pascual - Akaita <[hidden email]>

> or,
> > > fa,

> > > Note that I just said "seem" (sorry I wrote "seems", what a shame :( ).
> > > In 'et', for example:
> > >

> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/et/libo34x_ui/translate.html?unit=3298935
> > >

> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/et/libo34x_ui/translate.html?unit=3300025
> > >
> > > in 'et', there are also at least some translations from "writer/web" to
> > > "writer/veeb":
> > >

> https://translations.documentfoundation.org/et/libo34x_ui/translate.html?unit=3302917
> > >

> > > that's why I thought that we should decide about this. It seems like
> > > someone
> > > in 'et' team thought that translating them would be fine?
> > >

> > Yeah, as Marek said, the name isn't really translated there.
> > Thanks anyway :)
> >

> Oh, didn't think about that. In fact, my language also uses postposition
> (we
> optionally use a hyphen in order to keep the foreign name clearly
> identified).
> Not sure if "Writer/Web" is a name... I guess that if "Writer" is a name,
> "Writer/Web" is also a name?
>
> Anyway, I rechecked the list keeping possible prepositions and
> postpositions, and 'et' is the only one that jumps out of the list. There's
> a 24% of languages translating, 76% not translating.
>
> On the bright side, it's great to see that there's people checking
> everything that goes to this list. You people on 'et' have been really
> fast!
>

> IIRC the reasoning was that "Web" isn't product itself, rather special
treat of Writer to produce HTML-pages or web pages, so the translation was
more justified as in case of Writer, Calc, Draw etc.

> > --
> > deleted

12 « Prev