[libreoffice-l10n] Missing Latvian spellchecker in Window installator

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Rūdolfs Mazurs Rūdolfs Mazurs
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[libreoffice-l10n] Missing Latvian spellchecker in Window installator

Hello,
it turns out libreoffice multilanguage pack doesn't pack spell checker
for Latvian language (on Ubuntu all comes installed by default).

Also, for some reason "get more extensions online" links to
http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:OpenOfficeExtensions/List
which then links to openoffice site, which is (was) rather glitchy.
Shouldn't they be accessible from LibreOffice Extension Center?




--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Jānis Jānis
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Missing Latvian spellchecker in Window installator


Citējot Rūdolfs Mazurs <[hidden email]>
Mon, 03 Oct 2011 00:20:43 +0300:

> Hello,
> it turns out libreoffice multilanguage pack doesn't pack spell checker
> for Latvian language (on Ubuntu all comes installed by default).
>
> Also, for some reason "get more extensions online" links to
> http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:OpenOfficeExtensions/List
> which then links to openoffice site, which is (was) rather glitchy.
> Shouldn't they be accessible from LibreOffice Extension Center?

Citējot Rūdolfs Mazurs <[hidden email]>
Mon, 03 Oct 2011 00:20:43 +0300:

> Hello,
> it turns out libreoffice multilanguage pack doesn't pack spell checker
> for Latvian language (on Ubuntu all comes installed by default).
>
> Also, for some reason "get more extensions online" links to
> http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:OpenOfficeExtensions/List
> which then links to openoffice site, which is (was) rather glitchy.
> Shouldn't they be accessible from LibreOffice Extension Center?

Latvian spellchecker will be included (I hope) in the next release of  
LibOO as it was introduced in the development tree just some weeks ago.

I'd argue about instability of OO extension site - I use it for  
installation and updating of Latvian spellchecker on my machines over  
the years and never had any problem (ok, there was one - due to the  
fine-tuning of dictionaries.xcu, but there was no "dirty hand" of  
extension site).

As fas as I understand, currently there is no place in cyberspace  
named LibreOffice Extension Centre holding physical bits of respective  
extensions.

Jānis Eisaks

--
http://dict.dv.lv

"Ikvienam no mums noteikti nepieciešams zināt, ka viņš nav daudz ko  
vērts. Patiesībā tikai tie, kas to zina, ir kaut ko vērti."

R.Agutagava, Stāsts par to, kā nokrita galva



--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
Andras Timar Andras Timar
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Missing Latvian spellchecker in Window installator

Hi,

2011/10/3 Jānis <[hidden email]>:
>
> I'd argue about instability of OO extension site - I use it for installation
> and updating of Latvian spellchecker on my machines over the years and never
> had any problem (ok, there was one - due to the fine-tuning of
> dictionaries.xcu, but there was no "dirty hand" of extension site).

For many of us, quite often http://extensions.services.openoffice.org
site does not answer or it answers to the 3rd reload attempt. These
outages started after Oracle stopped supporting OOo, maybe it's just a
coincidence.

>
> As fas as I understand, currently there is no place in cyberspace named
> LibreOffice Extension Centre holding physical bits of respective extensions.
>

There is http://extensions-test.libreoffice.org/ which will become
http://extensions.libreoffice.org/ soon. I would like to ask all
dictionary maintaners to use this site. Thanks!

Best regards,
Andras

--
Unsubscribe instructions: E-mail to [hidden email]
Problems? http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/how-to-unsubscribe/
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/l10n/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted