[libreoffice-l10n] [NEW STRINGS] added readme +84 messages (1945 words)

Andras Timar Andras Timar

[libreoffice-l10n] [NEW STRINGS] added readme +84 messages (1945 words)

Hi Localizers,

As you may read earlier on this list, a new readme was written for
LibreOffice but it was not noticed by us and it was not offered for
translation. Tonight Thorsten fixed the last bits, the readme is final.

I updated the pot/po files in git. Rimas, I hope you are around and you
can update Pootle.

I'll grab your translations Sunday night for RC2. Hint: you must not use
languages (I've just fixed one bug in sh/sr translation).

Some testers reported that they found references to Oracle and
OpenOffice.org in localized LibreOffice readmes. I'll remove all
conflicting lines from old translations. If you don't translate this
readme update, then you'll have English paragraphs - but not misleading
translated paragraphs.

Let me know, if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks,
Andras

Andras Timar Andras Timar

[libreoffice-l10n] Re: [NEW STRINGS] added readme +84 messages (1945 words)

2010.12.11. 0:12 keltezéssel, Andras Timar írta:
> If you don't translate this
> readme update, then you'll have English paragraphs - but not misleading
> translated paragraphs.

I was wrong, it does not fall back to English. Untranslated paragraphs
will be missing from the localized readme.

Andras

Cheng-Chia Tseng Cheng-Chia Tseng

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: [NEW STRINGS] added readme +84 messages (1945 words)

There is a string called "Also check the FAQ section at <a href=\"
http://www.libreoffice.org/faq/\">http://www.libreoffice.org/faq/.</a>".

I cannot get the link, is that http://www.documentfoundation.org/faq/instead?

2010/12/11 Andras Timar <[hidden email]>

> 2010.12.11. 0:12 keltezéssel, Andras Timar írta:
> > If you don't translate this
> > readme update, then you'll have English paragraphs - but not misleading
> > translated paragraphs.
> >

> I was wrong, it does not fall back to English. Untranslated paragraphs
> will be missing from the localized readme.
>
> Andras

Sincerely,
by Cheng-Chia Tseng

sophi sophi

On 11/12/2010 08:17, Tseng, Cheng-Chia wrote:
> There is a string called "Also check the FAQ section at<a href=\"
> http://www.libreoffice.org/faq/\">http://www.libreoffice.org/faq/.</a>".
>
> I cannot get the link, is that http://www.documentfoundation.org/faq/instead?

The site is currently not live, it will be for the final release,
currently you can reach it from here :
http://test.libreoffice.org/

I'll ask on the website list for the FAQ tab to be back...

Kind regards
Sophie

Cheng-Chia Tseng Cheng-Chia Tseng

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] Re: [NEW STRINGS] added readme +84 messages (1945 words)

String "The are available from the same location as the main installation
archive." has a typo.

It should be "They are..."

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Sophie Gautier <[hidden email]>wrote:

> On 11/12/2010 08:17, Tseng, Cheng-Chia wrote:
>
>> There is a string called "Also check the FAQ section at<a href=\"
>> http://www.libreoffice.org/faq/\ <http://www.libreoffice.org/faq/%5C>">
>> http://www.libreoffice.org/faq/.</a>".
>>
>> I cannot get the link, is that
>> http://www.documentfoundation.org/faq/instead?
>>

> The site is currently not live, it will be for the final release, currently
> you can reach it from here :
> http://test.libreoffice.org/
>
> I'll ask on the website list for the FAQ tab to be back...
>
> Kind regards
> Sophie

Sincerely,
by Cheng-Chia Tseng

Andras Timar Andras Timar

2010.12.11. 7:45 keltezéssel, Tseng, Cheng-Chia írta:
> String "The are available from the same location as the main installation
> archive." has a typo.
>
> It should be "They are..."

I fixed this typo in the source and in pot/po files too.

Thanks,
Andras

Rimas Kudelis Rimas Kudelis

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [NEW STRINGS] added readme +84 messages (1945 words)

Hi folks,

the new strings are now on Pootle, thus rendering all translations only
half-done at best... :)

Have fun translating!

Rimas

2010.12.11 01:12, Andras Timar rašė:

> Hi Localizers,
>
> As you may read earlier on this list, a new readme was written for
> LibreOffice but it was not noticed by us and it was not offered for
> translation. Tonight Thorsten fixed the last bits, the readme is final.
>
> I updated the pot/po files in git. Rimas, I hope you are around and you
> can update Pootle.
>
> I'll grab your translations Sunday night for RC2. Hint: you must not use
> languages (I've just fixed one bug in sh/sr translation).
>
> Some testers reported that they found references to Oracle and
> OpenOffice.org in localized LibreOffice readmes. I'll remove all
> conflicting lines from old translations. If you don't translate this
> readme update, then you'll have English paragraphs - but not misleading
> translated paragraphs.
>
> Let me know, if you have any questions or comments.
>
> Thanks,
> Andras

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [NEW STRINGS] added readme +84 messages (1945 words)

Hello, everyone,

will start translating that right now.

Here is another thing that needs to be localizable:
in Help menu one can view "license info". A "license.odt" file opens.
I understand the proposition, that the license itself should not be
localized, but the preamble text SHOULD be localizable and offer a link to a
localized license (saying that it is an informal translation only).

Here is the text I think needs to be localizable:

*Licensing and Legal information

This product is made available subject to the terms of GNU Lesser General
Public License Version 3. A copy of the LGPL license can be found at
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-3.0.html
Third Party Code Additional copyright notices and license terms applicable
to portions of the Software are set forth in the
THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.html file, and can be found at the bottom of this
document.
All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property
of their respective owners.
Copyright (c) 2000, 2010 Oracle, and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
This product has been created by The Document Foundation, incorporating many
modifications from different contributors, see
http://www.libreoffice.org/for more details.
*

It is not a lot of text and it should be easily localizable. I wonder why it
is packed in an odt file. Why does it not display in a special dialog?

Lp, m.

2010/12/11 Rimas Kudelis <[hidden email]>:

> Hi folks,
>
> the new strings are now on Pootle, thus rendering all translations only
> half-done at best... :)
>
> Have fun translating!
>
> Rimas
>

> 2010.12.11 01:12, Andras Timar rašė:
>>
>> Hi Localizers,
>>
>> As you may read earlier on this list, a new readme was written for
>> LibreOffice but it was not noticed by us and it was not offered for
>> translation. Tonight Thorsten fixed the last bits, the readme is final.
>>
>> I updated the pot/po files in git. Rimas, I hope you are around and you
>> can update Pootle.
>>
>> I'll grab your translations Sunday night for RC2. Hint: you must not use
>> languages (I've just fixed one bug in sh/sr translation).
>>
>> Some testers reported that they found references to Oracle and
>> OpenOffice.org in localized LibreOffice readmes. I'll remove all
>> conflicting lines from old translations. If you don't translate this
>> readme update, then you'll have English paragraphs - but not misleading
>> translated paragraphs.
>>
>> Let me know, if you have any questions or comments.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andras

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [NEW STRINGS] added readme +84 messages (1945 words)

Hi, l10n people,

for those, that don't know it - most of the newly added strings are same or
similar to the strings in the readlicense_oo/docs/readme.po, so you can use
TM etc.

Lp, m.

2010/12/11 Martin Srebotnjak <[hidden email]>

> Hello, everyone,
>
> will start translating that right now.
>
> Here is another thing that needs to be localizable:
> in Help menu one can view "license info". A "license.odt" file opens.
> I understand the proposition, that the license itself should not be
> localized, but the preamble text SHOULD be localizable and offer a link to a
> localized license (saying that it is an informal translation only).
>
> Here is the text I think needs to be localizable:
>
> *Licensing and Legal information
>
> This product is made available subject to the terms of GNU Lesser General
> Public License Version 3. A copy of the LGPL license can be found at
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl-3.0.html
> Third Party Code Additional copyright notices and license terms applicable
> to portions of the Software are set forth in the
> THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.html file, and can be found at the bottom of this
> document.
> All trademarks and registered trademarks mentioned herein are the property
> of their respective owners.
> Copyright (c) 2000, 2010 Oracle, and/or its affiliates. All rights
> reserved.
> This product has been created by The Document Foundation, incorporating
> many modifications from different contributors, see
> http://www.libreoffice.org/ for more details.*
>
> It is not a lot of text and it should be easily localizable. I wonder why
> it is packed in an odt file. Why does it not display in a special dialog?
>
> Lp, m.
>
> 2010/12/11 Rimas Kudelis <[hidden email]>:
>
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > the new strings are now on Pootle, thus rendering all translations only
> > half-done at best... :)
> >
> > Have fun translating!
> >
> > Rimas
> >

> > 2010.12.11 01:12, Andras Timar rašė:
> >>
> >> Hi Localizers,
> >>
> >> As you may read earlier on this list, a new readme was written for
> >> LibreOffice but it was not noticed by us and it was not offered for
> >> translation. Tonight Thorsten fixed the last bits, the readme is final.
> >>
> >> I updated the pot/po files in git. Rimas, I hope you are around and you
> >> can update Pootle.
> >>
> >> I'll grab your translations Sunday night for RC2. Hint: you must not use
> >> languages (I've just fixed one bug in sh/sr translation).
> >>
> >> Some testers reported that they found references to Oracle and
> >> OpenOffice.org in localized LibreOffice readmes. I'll remove all
> >> conflicting lines from old translations. If you don't translate this
> >> readme update, then you'll have English paragraphs - but not misleading
> >> translated paragraphs.
> >>
> >> Let me know, if you have any questions or comments.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Andras
> >>

> > --
> > *** All posts to this list are publicly archived for eternity ***

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [NEW STRINGS] added readme +84 messages (1945 words)

Hi Andras, Rimas
On 11/12/2010 12:11, Rimas Kudelis wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> the new strings are now on Pootle, thus rendering all translations only
> half-done at best... :)
>
> Have fun translating!

Thanks a lot for the update of the stings and of Pootle :)

Kind regards
Sophie

Martin Srebotnjak Martin Srebotnjak

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [NEW STRINGS] added readme +84 messages (1945 words)

How come the new strings of the Readme do not contain any references to
installation process on OSX and Windows? Or is the LO seeing Linux as its
main platform?

Lp, m.

2010/12/11 Sophie Gautier <[hidden email]>

> Hi Andras, Rimas
>
> On 11/12/2010 12:11, Rimas Kudelis wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> the new strings are now on Pootle, thus rendering all translations only
>> half-done at best... :)
>>
>> Have fun translating!
>>

> Thanks a lot for the update of the stings and of Pootle :)
>
> Kind regards
> Sophie

sophi sophi

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [NEW STRINGS] added readme +84 messages (1945 words)

Hi Martin,
On 11/12/2010 21:38, Martin Srebotnjak wrote:
> How come the new strings of the Readme do not contain any references to
> installation process on OSX and Windows? Or is the LO seeing Linux as its
> main platform?

You do not need to use command lines under Windows (the installer choose
everythinf for you) or Mac (just an image to drag and drop). Currently
the only difficulty is for deb files that are not available via the
usual distro repository.

Kind regards
Sophie

Olivier Hallot Olivier Hallot

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [NEW STRINGS] added readme +84 messages (1945 words)

pt-BR in pootle: Done!
Olivier Hallot
Steering Commitee
The Document Foundation

Valter Mura (Google Drive) Valter Mura (Google Drive)

In data sabato 11 dicembre 2010 22:58:28, Olivier Hallot ha scritto:

> pt-BR in pootle: Done!
> Regards

Done also in Italian

--
Valter
Registered Linux User #466410  http://counter.li.org

Aidsoid Aidsoid

Re: [libreoffice-l10n] [NEW STRINGS] added readme +84 messages (1945 words)

>> pt-BR in pootle: Done!
>> Regards
>
> Done also in Italian

Russian translation is completed in pootle too. Need sleep. (-_-)Zzz.

Andras Timar Andras Timar

2010/12/13 Aidsoid <[hidden email]>:
>>> pt-BR in pootle: Done!
>>> Regards
>>
>> Done also in Italian
>
> Russian translation is completed in pootle too. Need sleep. (-_-)Zzz.

Thanks, your translation is in, too.

Andras

Thorsten Behrens Thorsten Behrens

Andras Timar wrote:
> As you may read earlier on this list, a new readme was written for
> LibreOffice but it was not noticed by us and it was not offered for
> translation. Tonight Thorsten fixed the last bits, the readme is final.

Sorry folks, I shall be less ignorant of l10n process next time.
Thanks for your translation work on such a short notice!

Cheers,

-- Thorsten